PDA

View Full Version : Is today being the release date of the Last Star Wars a bad omen?

brichard
05-19-2005, 09:27 AM
OK, technically they aren't showing the movies until a midnight release, but it dawned on me that it will begin the end of an era (last Star Wars movie.)

Here is to hoping it won't be the end of the Reggie era tonight.

Hicks
05-19-2005, 11:23 AM
The midnight releases were this past midnight, about 10 1/2 hours ago. It opens everywhere today starting in the late morning.

Meanwhile, if you want a real bad omen, consider the fact that it's May 19. 6 months ago was November 19.

Doug
05-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Remember, Reggie's always played the villain. Today is a good day for the villain.

Although I don't think he'll come out for warm-ups in a Darth Vader mask...

Diamond Dave
05-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Instead I bet he plays and moves like the Emporer on the court.

grace
05-19-2005, 11:48 AM
I'd say the bad omen was that the sun came up this morning. Actually, I'm not sure it did because it's been raining since I got up.

We're either going to play well or we're not. I doubt the Pistons will blow chunks like they did in games 2 and 3.

3ptmiller
05-19-2005, 11:50 AM
No its a good Omen! It means "The pacers strike back" and the old jedi Obi Wan Kenobi (Reggie) wont let the enemy dance on the roses.. but i havent seen this Movie so maybe Darth Vader (Ben Wallace) and his clones (Pistons) maybe will prevail.. who knows!! But heck! This will be a war or what!?

brichard
05-19-2005, 11:57 AM
No its a good Omen! It means "The pacers strike back" and the old jedi Obi Wan Kenobi (Reggie) wont let the enemy dance on the roses.. but i havent seen this Movie so maybe Darth Vader (Ben Wallace) and his clones (Pistons) maybe will prevail.. who knows!! But heck! This will be a war or what!?

Since this movie is "Revenge of the Sith" (may be Return of Sith... too lazy to look it up) we need to hope for Reggie playing the role of Darth Vader. I'm pretty sure the Sith wins in this movie, so to follow the story line...

REGGIE TURN TO THE DARK SIDE!

Diamond Dave
05-19-2005, 11:58 AM

Yeah I haven't seen the movie, but Vader (Wallace, either one) wins, forms the Empire (a dynasty), and the Old Republic (Pacers basketball) crumbles. Leaving Yoda (Austin Croshere) stranded on Dagobah (the bench).

MagicRat
05-19-2005, 12:06 PM
I say the Pacers need to put the Pistons out of the playoffs to restore balance to The Force..........:duel:

Diamond Dave
05-19-2005, 12:13 PM
I say the Pacers need to put the Pistons out of the playoffs to restore balance to The Force..........:duel:

We can't they have a higher midichlorian count than we do. And their master (Larry Brown) is more wise. :nerd:

WEST
05-19-2005, 12:54 PM
I've never see any star wars movie so I have no clue what anyone is taking about. :gopacers:

Doug
05-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Yoda (Austin Croshere)
Jumpshot hit, no longer can I.

Shade
05-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Since this movie is "Revenge of the Sith" (may be Return of Sith... too lazy to look it up) we need to hope for Reggie playing the role of Darth Vader. I'm pretty sure the Sith wins in this movie, so to follow the story line...

But you didn't see what Obi-Wan did to Anakin/Vader. It was gruesome. :eek:

3ptmiller
05-19-2005, 01:17 PM

:laugh:

Diamond Dave
05-19-2005, 01:38 PM
Jumpshot hit, no longer can I.

:laugh: :applaud:

Anthem
05-19-2005, 02:10 PM
http://www.ibiblio.org/Dave/Dr-Fun/latest.jpg

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-19-2005, 04:52 PM
It's a good omen.

Anthem
05-19-2005, 05:11 PM
http://www.ibiblio.org/Dave/Dr-Fun/df200505/df20050519.jpg

That's today's comic, which is decent. I thought this one, though, was hilarious.

http://www.ibiblio.org/Dave/Dr-Fun/df200505/df20050518.jpg