PDA

View Full Version : Oh Dear Lord.....

Peck
05-19-2005, 05:08 AM
According to the Star this A.M. there are over 2000 tickets available for tonights game.

The place will be crawling with Piston fans.

I'm worried. If we lose then there will be lots of people hurt & upset by that being Reggie's last game & all. Not to mention there are several of our fans who blame the fans of Detroit for taking out our season. Most Piston fans will behave themselves but there will certainly be some who will try & rub it in our fans faces. Of course they will be in packs so they will try & use mob rule.

I just hope that it's at the very least peacfull. I was there when that Bulls fan was stabbed & then thrown off the 6th floor onto the 3rd floor ramp & I've seen several violent fights in the mens room between Pacers & Knicks fans.

I also know the Detroit people will be looking for a fight as well. I really hope the fieldhouse security is ramped up for this because it could be very very very ugly.

indygeezer
05-19-2005, 07:26 AM
NO NEGATIVITY TODAY !!!

Only good Karma is allowed. Well, I hope.

I may try to take Geezerette to the game...we'll see.

Unclebuck
05-19-2005, 08:24 AM
2,000 tickets.

recap
05-19-2005, 08:37 AM
I'm not trying to be a jackass here. I go to about a third of the home games and all of the playoff games that my schedule will allow, but I get a little tired of people coming on here and complaining about empty seats. UB weren't you the one who said in a thread about the seats in the upper deck that if you had to sit up there then you ought to just stay home and watch on TV?

Regarding Peck's point, I agree there is some potential for trouble, but I will be surprised if it happens. Maybe I'm too young to remember correctly, but I think that the CF crowd is significantly different from the MSA crowd.

indygeezer
05-19-2005, 08:46 AM
NO NEGATIVITY TODAY !!!

Only good Karma is allowed. Well, I hope.

I may try to take Geezerette to the game...we'll see.

She said "NO, it's a school nite"

she's such a dweeb.

Jon Theodore
05-19-2005, 10:37 AM
MSA crowd seemed a lot more crazy to me. But I was like ten years old back then and I was going crazy the whole time. I used to have so much pacers gear on it was a joke. I had a necklace that was a "Parking for Pacer fans only" metal sign. LOL.

God I loved MSA.

ABADays
05-19-2005, 10:43 AM
weren't you the one who said in a thread about the seats in the upper deck that if you had to sit up there then you ought to just stay home and watch on TV?

I think it was me that said that recap. I just wouldn't enjoy sitting up there as much as I enjoy watching it on TV. Besides 2,000 tickets is nothing for playoffs. It will be a sellout and I can guarantee security will be very tight tonight.

WEST
05-19-2005, 10:51 AM
I think there was 2,500 in the morning before game1 of the Boston series, and we sold most of those. But I really don't want to see Reggie's last home played in front of less than a sellout. Especially since it is a second round playoff game against our rivals. That would be a complete embrassment. I'm not sure there will be as many Pistons fans here at Sunday, but i'm not sure.

Bball
05-19-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm afraid the team might've left us at the altar one too many times this playoff season. I said in another thread that I wondered if it would catch up with them. That might be the case here.

-Bball

Diamond Dave
05-19-2005, 11:15 AM
If we lose the fan reaction is going to be bad either way.

1) Many fans will begin to leave early, but those who stay to the final seconds will quitely exit, heads down, moving in order. All the while the Pistons obnoxious faithful stand beside screeching, throwing signs in people's faces, chanting in the ears of the calm. Then another pack of the same mob will find the other and a celebration will take place comparable only to the celebration of Carlos Arroyo when he does anything.

2) A horribly ugly situation. One like our 1999, I believe, series with the Knicks. During that series I sat next to an old man who was Knicks fan. Probably in his late 50's, maybe even 60's. He was a nice guy, he exchanged some humorous shots with me and my father about the rivalry and the series. All in good fun. He cheered for his team at the appropriate times and was never trying to irritate the crowd around him. After the Pacers lost a home game, I don't remember which one specifically, we walked into the mens room. As we were leaving the old man walked and stood at the entrance and jokingly said "Ha, Ha, fellas. I told ya, I told ya all it would happen." Some guy yells viciously back "SHUT THE ***** UP!!". The old man replied "Aw, c'mon now, wheres the love for my Knicks, wheres the love." Some other guy, very large person, walking by him shoves this little old man up against the wall. His glasses almost came off. At that point I quickly exited figuring things were not gonna improve.

So if our fans were not willing to accept even a little ribbing from a fragile old man. The way the Pistons clowns will act will send quite a few over the edge. Especially if they mention anything about Reggie or Artest. Which they will, as they can always find the way to be least classy and act on it. Its a talent they have.

Anyways if the Pacers fans choose option 2, there will be a lot of people going across the street to the jail tonight. If we choose option 1 we'll stay out of jail, but we'll of course have our last memories of Reggie be overshadowed by the heckler chant of "DDEEEEEEETTTRRROOOOIIIIIIITTTTTT BAAAASSSSSSKKKKEEETTTTBAAAALLLLL" as we leave CFH.

We're damned if we do and damned if don't.

The only way to beat it, is to beat the Pistons tonight.

Hicks
05-19-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm slighty disturbed you think fragile old men like you describe would be in their late 50's/early 60's...... :hmm: (Has several family members in mid 50's)

Diamond Dave
05-19-2005, 11:31 AM
I'm slighty disturbed you think fragile old men like you describe would be in their late 50's/early 60's...... :hmm: (Has several family members in mid 50's)

The fragile part may need to be emphasized. I don't really know what his age was, I was going off of looks which admittably I am bad at. Still whether he was 50 or 79 he still was quite small and frail. Moving very carefully and standing with a hunch and slouch.

indygeezer
05-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Ahem

I'll soon be 58. And while fat,diabetic, and have bad ankles....I'll whup yer skinny little :censored: ...no better yet.

You're grounded.

Diamond Dave
05-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Okay, my post has taken this thread in a place I did not want. But what the hell. Ya wanna hear me prop old people?

Fine, my undefeated softball team made up of entirely of 19 and 20 yr olds had our @sses handed to us last night by a group of 40 yr olds and a pitcher who was at least 80 (we referred to him has "Blue" from the movie "Old School" as he looked identical). Ya happy.

But I was almost late to the game cause I had to drive behind an old person. :devil: :zip:

DisplacedKnick
05-19-2005, 11:47 AM
2) A horribly ugly situation. One like our 1999, I believe, series with the Knicks. During that series I sat next to an old man who was Knicks fan. Probably in his late 50's, maybe even 60's. He was a nice guy, he exchanged some humorous shots with me and my father about the rivalry and the series. All in good fun. He cheered for his team at the appropriate times and was never trying to irritate the crowd around him. After the Pacers lost a home game, I don't remember which one specifically, we walked into the mens room. As we were leaving the old man walked and stood at the entrance and jokingly said "Ha, Ha, fellas. I told ya, I told ya all it would happen." Some guy yells viciously back "SHUT THE ***** UP!!". The old man replied "Aw, c'mon now, wheres the love for my Knicks, wheres the love." Some other guy, very large person, walking by him shoves this little old man up against the wall. His glasses almost came off. At that point I quickly exited figuring things were not gonna improve.

I've had two incidents at Pacers games that made me nervous - both in the playoffs.

The first was Game 6 of the '95 2nd rd series. We won in MSA. I had nosebleed seats and I got beer dumped on me and some pretty hideous things said. Was a little afraid until I got out of the building onto the ramp.

The 2nd was Game 2 in '99. That game was nearly a riot. Ewing had some pretty bad stuff yelled at him all night (and I was wearing a #33 jersey) I had better seats so that was OK but as I'm leaving three guys start tailing me and one tells me they're gonna beat the crap out of me in the parking lot. I waited and went out with a bunch of people I didn't know. They probably weren't serious but why take a chance.

So whenever a thread comes up about how the Pacers don't have any fans "like that" I usually don't post. Most Pacer fans are great - from '96-'99 I had a 10-game package every year and had great conversations with the guy next to me, even during the Knick games. But there are always a few.

Hopefully tonight will stay safe.

3ptmiller
05-19-2005, 11:47 AM
No problem, we gona kick their asses if they even open their mouth!

brichard
05-19-2005, 12:13 PM
I've had two incidents at Pacers games that made me nervous - both in the playoffs.

The first was Game 6 of the '95 2nd rd series. We won in MSA. I had nosebleed seats and I got beer dumped on me and some pretty hideous things said. Was a little afraid until I got out of the building onto the ramp.

The 2nd was Game 2 in '99. That game was nearly a riot. Ewing had some pretty bad stuff yelled at him all night (and I was wearing a #33 jersey) I had better seats so that was OK but as I'm leaving three guys start tailing me and one tells me they're gonna beat the crap out of me in the parking lot. I waited and went out with a bunch of people I didn't know. They probably weren't serious but why take a chance.

So whenever a thread comes up about how the Pacers don't have any fans "like that" I usually don't post. Most Pacer fans are great - from '96-'99 I had a 10-game package every year and had great conversations with the guy next to me, even during the Knick games. But there are always a few.

Hopefully tonight will stay safe.

That is really sad. I've never supported fan violence because it is a game after all. I would never condone it under any circumstances.

However, I do understand violence for people who are being complete a-holes. If you are rooting for your team in another teams building, there is nothing wrong cheering your boys on. I sat near some Celtics fans in both playoff games I attended. They would make noise when we shot FT's and cheer when they hit a hoop. Hey, they paid their money and that is fine.

But when people start getting in the losing teams face and talking smack to complete strangers, they are taking their lives in their own hands. That is not only being a poor winner, it is downright poor decision making.

That being said, I think I know you well enough to be in the respectful category. And if Pacer fans are attacking people just b/c somebody is wearing another jersey, that is just pathetic. Especially since you are a closet pacer fan! ;)

shags
05-19-2005, 12:34 PM
The stories in this thread are amongst the reasons why I decided not to try to attend the game tonight. Not at the top of the list, but reasons nonetheless.

Diamond Dave
05-19-2005, 12:39 PM
The stories in this thread are amongst the reasons why I decided not to try to attend the game tonight. Not at the top of the list, but reasons nonetheless.

Well we could choose my first option, and then you could join your bretheren in the heckling. ;)

Bball
05-19-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm going to meet Sassan today. That should be interesting........

May the Force... or the Schwartz...be with you....

-Bball

indytoad
05-19-2005, 01:25 PM
In case you're curious, we're not riding together to the game.

Just when you thought the joke was played out, bam! It rises once again.

IndyToad
Has hundred of pages of advertisements

Bball
05-19-2005, 01:29 PM
In case you're curious, we're not riding together to the game.

That should be fine as long as you keep it real and remember where you came from. Don't lose your street cred. You must stay connected to what makes you who you are.

-Bball

brichard
05-19-2005, 01:33 PM
May the Force... or the Schwartz...be with you....

-Bball

She gives great helmet.

;)

WAFollman
05-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Worst I've seen was the 1995 Oregon Ducks, Washington football game. Some guy was standing by himself after the game saying UW sucks in a whiny voice over and over. Then some huge guy punched in the face and walked off. The duck then spit his teeth out on the ground. That rivalry is extremely ugly.

MagicRat
05-19-2005, 02:31 PM

See if he'll let you wear the headband.......
http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/images/headband.jpg

Kstat
05-19-2005, 02:38 PM

The 4th law! YOU'VE BROKEN THE 4TH LAW!

Alabama-Redneck
05-19-2005, 02:43 PM
Okay, my post has taken this thread in a place I did not want. But what the hell. Ya wanna hear me prop old people?

Fine, my undefeated softball team made up of entirely of 19 and 20 yr olds had our @sses handed to us last night by a group of 40 yr olds and a pitcher who was at least 80 (we referred to him has "Blue" from the movie "Old School" as he looked identical). Ya happy.

But I was almost late to the game cause I had to drive behind an old person. :devil: :zip:

Remember, old people are just young people with better manners, more experience and wrinkles. :laugh: :D

:cool: