PDA

View Full Version : Calling all fans out... use every superstition you've got!

brichard
05-18-2005, 11:52 PM
If you need to watch the game, not watch the game, where a special shirt, wear special underwear, wear no underwear, get drunk :alcohol:, stay sober... do whatever it takes! :scream:

Don't let your superstition be the reason the Pacers lose!

BTW, the last two Pacer losses I have begun listening to the game on Sirius satellite radio at work. As I am off tomorrow, I will watch on TV and do my part!!!

grace
05-18-2005, 11:56 PM
The year of The Finals we were in the 15th row with the pleasant heavy drinkers in front of us. I don't know how to make that happen again.

SoupIsGood
05-19-2005, 12:30 AM
I haven't muted the commentators lately...

grace
05-19-2005, 12:42 AM
I haven't muted the commentators lately...

You fool! I'm sure your own commentary would be much better than those national idiots, I mean professionals.

cramerica
05-19-2005, 02:25 AM
Please no war cry thread for Game 6. I think that is a big jinx for us. Everytime I see one on here for a game, we lose. If I don't see one, we'll....we don't.

Does yelling at Tinsley through your TV count as a superstition?

brichard
05-19-2005, 08:03 AM
Please no war cry thread for Game 6. I think that is a big jinx for us. Everytime I see one on here for a game, we lose. If I don't see one, we'll....we don't.

Does yelling at Tinsley through your TV count as a superstition?

Actually, the one and only war cry thread I participated on with a picture... we won!

RWB
05-19-2005, 08:07 AM
Not again, I have no more yard to bury the bodies. If it helps the Pacers win I gotta do what I gotta do. :devil:

Harddrive7
05-19-2005, 08:31 AM
Ok guys, I swear that what you're about to hear is the honest to goodness truth.

I had mentioned in a previous thread that my daughter would write "GO PACENUTS" on my water bottle. She would do it sometime in the third quarter although I'm not suppose to know when she does it.

ANYWAY, we have won both games against Detroit with her doing so and she wasn't here for the 3 games we've lost so obviously she couldn't do it.

She will be here tonight.

This is the truth!! I'm in a lot of pain (Let's just say that I hate the RollingSTONES) and this hurts to even sit here and write, I just figured y'all would want to know.

BigMac
05-19-2005, 08:36 AM
This is the truth!! I'm in a lot of pain (Let's just say that I hate the RollingSTONES) and this hurts to even sit here and write, I just figured y'all would want to know.

So, are you saying you're not having any more children?

:)

Harddrive7
05-19-2005, 09:04 AM
So, are you saying you're not having any more children?

:)

4 is enough!!

Miller_time04
05-19-2005, 11:33 AM
I will be at the game tonight for the 5th time this season..We won the previous 4.

indygeezer
05-19-2005, 11:43 AM

AGREED!! NO THREAD!!

But sorry...if it is raining I will not go out to mow my yard. The last time I tried to force good karma that way we lost to the Knicks and got knocked out of the PO's.

I will however have my JB handy and my electronci Yahtzee game (if I score low it is immediately going in the trash)

3ptmiller
05-19-2005, 11:46 AM
I was extra superstitious today

1. I wear my Lucky underwear
2. I wear my Lucky sweatband (that sweatband helped me hit a buzzer beater 3 times of 4)
3. Im praying

indytoad
05-19-2005, 11:47 AM
Sorry, I dunno if I'm up for an enraged rant this time around. The last two losses have kind of drained me.

However, if the Pacers stay close but then make a bunch of stupid errors and start to lose it, I might be able to provice something.

IndyToad
Hey hepcat

brichard
05-19-2005, 11:49 AM
AGREED!! NO THREAD!!

But sorry...if it is raining I will not go out to mow my yard. The last time I tried to force good karma that way we lost to the Knicks and got knocked out of the PO's.

I will however have my JB handy and my electronci Yahtzee game (if I score low it is immediately going in the trash)

If a War Cry thread is started, I will counteract the bad karma with the AC/DC Brian Johnson picture I used last time. :)

MagicRat
05-19-2005, 11:59 AM
I'm sporting the free giveaway "One Goal" t-shirt from game 3 of this series. Hopefully there's some karma left over.

I could dig into the archives and pull out my Pacers playoffs 'do rag from the nineties, but I'm not sure I can pull off that look anymore........

grace
05-19-2005, 12:05 PM
I'm sporting the free giveaway "One Goal" t-shirt from game 3 of this series. Hopefully there's some karma left over.

Bad karma from a ralley towel would trump that. Hopefully they won't be handing them out tonight.

sweabs
05-19-2005, 12:07 PM
I will be missing the 3rd and 4th quarter because of work. The same thing happened for games 2 and 3. I don't like it, but the results are nice.

Graywolf_59
05-19-2005, 02:19 PM
OK---Here's my input........it's worked 5 x's B4 in Playoff game's......I just hope it's got 2 more left in it!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/Graywolf59/Sports_pictures/ColtsPacers.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/Graywolf59/RM_FW_Tour/Reggie_YoungFan.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/Graywolf59/RM_FW_Tour/Reggie_BoomBaby.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/Graywolf59/RM_FW_Tour/reggie_logo_210.png

MagicRat
05-19-2005, 03:42 PM
So, would it be too much of a stretch if I said I thought Jamaal was going to have a good night from behind the arc because some guy named Tinsley Ellis just came on the Sirius Blues channel?.........:blush:

waxman
05-19-2005, 06:51 PM
How bout banning Piston fans for rest of the day. :finger:

Snickers
05-19-2005, 09:33 PM
Guys, relax. If we start falling behind, I'll wear my blue boxers on my head again. It's always worked in the past. No, really.

OH GOD WHY AM I SUCH A LOSER