PDA

View Full Version : Message to PacerNation

WEST
05-18-2005, 09:36 PM
Remember the game after the brawl when we played the Magic at home? We were playing with six players and were clearly overmatched against a Magic team that had Steve Francis and Grant Hill. Still, 18,00 showed us and made Conseco Feildhouse sound more like MSA. We lost that game but had a chance untill the end. The next game aginst the Celtics we agian played with a depleated roster and won the game in front of another rockin crowd.

The Pacers talked so much about how the fans helped them through those tough times after the brawl. They had to deal with so much contosversy and their backs were up agianst the wall but they NEVER gave up. Time and time again this team was counted out and they came back. They never once lied down or threw in the towel.

Now. . . You know the situation. A must win home game against Dteroit and possibly Reggie Millers last home game. Ever. Still there are several thousand tickets left for a game that is less than 24hrs away. I know the team play like ***** yesterday. I know there down by 2 games. I know the last 2 games they have given no indication that they have anything left. But this is where we have been through much of this season. Were counted out. Everyone thinks were done. We have no gas left in the tank. What else is new?

They have fought back all season and I still believe that they can come back. But we need our fans. I do not want to attend a second round playoff game aginst our rivals in front of 15,000. That would be an embrassment. Especially if its Reggies land home game. We have one more chance to impact this Pacers team. We have one more chance to make a difference. We have been there all season. Now when they need us most we cannot drop the ball. There needs to be 18,345 in the house and being as loud as possible.

They may be out of gas, but a loud sold out crowd can refill the tank better then anything. They have fought back for us all season. Now it's our turn.

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! :gopacers:

indytoad
05-18-2005, 10:09 PM
They're 2-3 at home in the playoffs - and had a pretty good crowd at all those games - so they can't be feeding off the home crowd's energy all that well.

IndyToad
The man with the mechanical arm

BigMac
05-18-2005, 10:16 PM
Of course I want them to win but I just can't emotionally get up for this game because if I get let down the depression will be immense. Maybe intollerable for a day or two.

heywoode
05-18-2005, 10:52 PM
I say great post, WEST.....

I have faith in them that they can pull it off. Even if they lose game 7, at least they stretched Detroit farther than last year, and we give Miami some more rest....:devil:

:gopacers:

Bball
05-18-2005, 11:05 PM
The crowd might be out of gas this time. The crowd was pretty up for a closeout of Boston... and saw their hopes dashed... They were up for a 3-1 series lead over Detroit and saw their hopes dashed. I wonder if the crowd can do it one more time or will they be waiting to see the team give them some hope this time?

-Bball

brichard
05-18-2005, 11:50 PM
The crowd might be out of gas this time. The crowd was pretty up for a closeout of Boston... and saw their hopes dashed... They were up for a 3-1 series lead over Detroit and saw their hopes dashed. I wonder if the crowd can do it one more time or will they be waiting to see the team give them some hope this time?

-Bball

Perhaps we should have a quiet crowd, or even a crowd yelling "Reggie Sucks."

Hey... whatever it takes!

:champions