PDA

View Full Version : I liked this guy's bio until

indygeezer
05-18-2005, 03:58 PM
I read the last couple of lines. Anyone know of him?

Chris Taft 6'10" 260 lbs Pittsburgh

Strengths: Athletic, big bodied forward with great potential … Reliable go-to inside threat… Has developed a nice intermediate range jumper and shows soft touch ... Very long limbed… Formidable shot blocker… Forces opponents to take bad shots… Quick leaper despite size … Hard to defend in the post as he’s very versatile… Has a nice go-to turnaround jumper… Can put the ball on the floor… Good passer out of the post… Crashes the boards on both ends and rarely gets outworked… Very tough and aggressive down low… Fundamentally sound… Shot is rarely blocked… Big soft hands ... A game changer even when he's not scoring ...

Weaknesses: Passive at times… Still hasn't put up huge numbers ... Has a good level of motivation but needs to develop a killer instinct ... Must continue to develop low-post game… Has all the tools to dominate but has yet to really do so… Needs to call for and demand the ball from teammates …

DisplacedKnick
05-18-2005, 04:03 PM
Got all the physical attributes to be a monster player.

Got the mental attributes to be Tractor Traylor.

I am SOOOO hoping we don't get him with the 8th pick. If he didn't have motivation issues I think we'd be talking about a top-four depending on who gets the lucky bounce instead of 3.

He may have just gotten bored as a soph in college or he may be lazy - no way to tell for sure but he has big-time NBA game if he gets a little mean.

Since86
05-18-2005, 04:06 PM
I wouldn't pick my nose if he was magically in there him, let alone the draft.......

Isaac
05-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Chris Taft WILL not slip to 17 no matter what.

DK, you guys are going to get Gerald Green. But, it would be like Isaiah Thomas to **** it all up and pick some huge bust.

Hicks
05-18-2005, 05:25 PM
DK, you guys are going to get Gerald Green. But, it would be like Isaiah Thomas to **** it all up and pick some huge bust.

Would it?

He drafted (or was responsible for drafting) Marcus Camby, Tracy McGrady, Jamaal Tinsley, Fred Jones, and I believe others. None of those guys suck.

gilpdawg
05-18-2005, 05:53 PM
Would it?

He drafted (or was responsible for drafting) Marcus Camby, Tracy McGrady, Jamaal Tinsley, Fred Jones, and I believe others. None of those guys suck.
Don't forget Damon Stoudamire, who could have been a star if he could have stayed off the dope. He played like a future star in Toronto.

DisplacedKnick
05-18-2005, 07:43 PM
Yeah - Zeke's problem hasn't been drafts. Everything else maybe - didn't he try to buy part of the team in Toronto?

Green's who I'm hoping for - that or to pick Williams 2nd - he's the only lock for a superstar I see coming out of this draft. But if we get the top pick we'd almost have to take Bogut.

Then we'd have to host kstat's shoe-eating ceremony and who wants that?

Isaac
05-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Thomas hasnt been bad in drafts, but considering how bad he was with the Knicks since he became the GM, it wouldn't surprise me if he made an awful pick.

I saw Green play in the Roundball classic. Hes a little rough around the edges, but hes an outstanding talent. The only problem I see with him is that he kind of has Darius Miles written all over him.

indygeezer
05-18-2005, 10:43 PM
If last draft day is an indication, Larry Joe has a guy already picked out and if need bem he will move up (or try) to get him. So actually, don't pay any attention to the boards 'cause there ain't no tellin' who Larry has spotted.