Roaming Gnome
Sactolover05
waterjater
Will Galen
zxc

Kstat
05-18-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm not sure thats enough candiates, Hicks. :tongue:

Also note, Rcarey is a rookie. He's inelegible. He can't improve from a 2004 season he didn't have.

ChicagoJ
05-18-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure thats enough candiates, Hicks. :tongue:

So what, we vote by posting our vote now?

Patience... Mr. Argumentative. :-p

Mr. Pink
05-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Where's the voting pole, yo?

ChicagoJ
05-18-2005, 03:30 PM
-snip-
ALso note, RCarey is a rookie. He's inelegible.

He was also nominated for RoY with my class, so I think he actually is eligible for this one, but not the one he won. :laugh:

Hicks
05-18-2005, 03:31 PM
The poll is up, while I'm creating it, the thread (for whatever reason) posts already without waiting on me.

I don't appreciate flak for the number of nominees; there was just a huge-*** tie from everyone that submitted nominees to me; not my doing.

MagicRat
05-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Where's the voting pole, yo?

http://www.brainlock.org/holiday/pix/festivuspole.jpg

Mr. Pink
05-18-2005, 03:34 PM
You're soooo funny..ha ha...

:)

Kstat
05-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Oh come on Hicks, I was joking.......

I vote for Bulletproof. I think he's epitomized what a "most improved" candidate should be. He handled his suspension like a man, and he's a totally different poster this time around. I think that deserves recognition, because most guys in his situation wouldn't respond with as much class.

Bball, Geezer and ABA kinda confuse me, because I thought they were good to begin with....

Diamond Dave is improved, but msotly because he posts more often now. In that respect, Paul B should be considered as well.

Spicoli
05-18-2005, 03:37 PM
http://www.brainlock.org/holiday/pix/festivuspole.jpg

It's a Festivus MIRACLE!!!

DisplacedKnick
05-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Geez - can we use New Zealand Voting Rules? Might have a winner by Labor Day ...

Mr. Pink
05-18-2005, 03:39 PM
I'm afraid that if I lose...

Everyone of you will get a beer thrown at your head.

sweabs
05-18-2005, 03:42 PM
He was also nominated for RoY with my class, so I think he actually is eligible for this one, but not the one he won. :laugh:

:laugh: The controversy continues!

I think i joined PD at the absolute worst time possible as far as the voting process goes.

As far as this vote goes, I think I'll have to vote for ABAdays. The guy is awesome, and really makes some great points. Over the last year he has become one of my favourites. Respect your elders!

:devil:

Hicks
05-18-2005, 03:43 PM

Okay

Kstat
05-18-2005, 03:44 PM
.....so whats the over/under going to be for the leading vote-getter? I think 7.

ChicagoJ
05-18-2005, 03:47 PM

I vote for Bulletproof. I think he's epitomized what a "most improved" candidate should be. He handled his suspension like a man, and he's a totally different poster this time around. I think that deserves recognition, because most guys in his situation wouldn't respond with as much class.

I agree.

And I'm not going to comment on everyone in the list, but there are several other deserving candidates. But some of these guys have been among my favorites since Day #1 (bball, ABADays, rcarey, Anthem, Roaming Gnome, Geezer, etc.) I think this is as much a reflection that the general public really began paying attention to these guys because I've always thought they were good.

The one other guy on the list I wanted to comment on was Diamond Dave. He's got big shoes to try to fill, and he's gone from virtual unknown to where he's good enough to be known as one of the leading "Haters". Kudos to DD for that outstanding performance. ;)

Unclebuck
05-18-2005, 03:48 PM
This is a difficult category. What criteria do you use. I have no idea

Since ADA days is the only one I nominated that made the list, I'll vote for him. Well I only nominated 2 people for this.

DisplacedKnick
05-18-2005, 04:01 PM
The one other guy on the list I wanted to comment on was Diamond Dave. He's got big shoes to try to fill, and he's gone from virtual unknown to where he's good enough to be known as one of the leading "Haters". Kudos to DD for that outstanding performance. ;)

He got my vote - I think his posts are much more insightful than I remember them being - may just be a frequency thing but IIRC he used to throw one post in a thread and stand back where now he really gets involved.

Kstat
05-18-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm interested to hear who Kegboy voted for....

ABADays
05-18-2005, 05:06 PM

Since ADA days is the only one I nominated that made the list, I'll vote for him. Well I only nominated 2 people for this.

Thanks for the nomination UB. But . . . did I go from American Basketball Association to Attention Deficit A$$hole? ;)

ABADays
05-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Bball, Geezer and ABA kinda confuse me, because I thought they were good to begin with....

Gee thanks! But I guess being confronted by superior intellect and experience has that affect on some young 'ums ;) .

Kstat
05-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the nomination UB. But . . . did I go from American Basketball Association to Attention Deficit A$$hole?

I'm trying to figure out what ABA's angle is......

Is he trying to politik for most hated poster?

ABADays
05-18-2005, 05:32 PM
I'm trying to figure out what ABA's angle is......

Is he trying to politik for most hated poster?

:laugh:

SoupIsGood
05-18-2005, 05:51 PM
I voted for Grace, mainly because I'm still upset she didn't win most funniest...

Besides, I have no idea who has improved around here.

BigMac
05-18-2005, 06:49 PM

I concur on the vote but because I love his ABA Defunct Team Logos he puts in there and he remembers a lot of what I remember about the ABA teams (and a crapload more). His sarcasm is funny and not personal, unlike mine. So for those reasons, I voted for ABA Days!

Plus I sat by him at one of the Forum get-togethers.

Los Angeles
05-18-2005, 07:37 PM
I voted for Grace, mainly because I'm still upset she didn't win most funniest...

Besides, I have no idea who has improved around here.
ME TOO! I'm a rookie and even though that makes me completely uninformed as to this topic, I can still cast a ballot!

Chant with me now, GRACE GRACE GRACE GRACE GRACE ....

grace
05-18-2005, 07:42 PM

:lollypop: Your reward for the vote.

:thankyou:

ME TOO! I'm a rookie and even though that makes me completely uninformed as to this topic, I can still cast a ballot!

Chant with me now, GRACE GRACE GRACE GRACE GRACE ....

:lollypop: :lollypop: :lollypop: :lollypop: :lollypop:

ABADays
05-18-2005, 08:11 PM
I concur on the vote but because I love his ABA Defunct Team Logos he puts in there and he remembers a lot of what I remember about the ABA teams (and a crapload more). His sarcasm is funny and not personal, unlike mine. So for those reasons, I voted for ABA Days!

Plus I sat by him at one of the Forum get-togethers.

Fine - just keep reminding me how much older I am than you ;) . Thanks for the vote.

grace
05-18-2005, 08:26 PM
I concur on the vote but because I love his ABA Defunct Team Logos he puts in there.

[shameless plea for votes]I'd like to point out that I actually have an avitar this year as opposed to previous years when I posted nak...I mean avitarless.[/shameless plea for votes]

grace
05-18-2005, 08:42 PM
You mean a avatar, right ;)................................

If your going to make a shameless plea for votes, at least spell the words correctly :-p

[totally giving up on winning-crossing over to on the edge of getting banned]First of all it doesn't say "best speller." You can just kiss my...[;)]

SoupIsGood
05-18-2005, 08:58 PM
:lollypop: Your reward for the vote.

FREE CANDY!

This is much better than that stuff Btown gives out...

ABADays
05-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Wow - we really have diminished the spirit of most improved haven't we?

ABADays
05-18-2005, 09:25 PM
It seems some people have a hard time with me humour lately. The smilie indicates I was joking.

Regardless, getting this thread back on topic...

No VA :laugh: I meant all of us!

Natston
05-19-2005, 01:10 AM
I voted for grace because I didn't even she existed before this year. :shrug:

Will Galen
05-19-2005, 02:03 AM
I voted for IndyGeezer.

I've known him a long time and he's really stepped it up in the last year. If my memory is right he used to write mainly funny, short, posts. Now he's writing longer posts and talking more basketball. I remember reading one post and it surprised me that he was the author. I thought it more along the lines of something UncleBuck would write. It was such a change that I made a comment about it.

Of course it might not be an improvement but more a change of subject, but I noted it and like it.

Now as for my nomination, I'm puzzled by it. I started out on the IndyStar board back in the early ninety's(?) and made the jump over here when this forum was created, and I haven't changed a bit.

Pig Nash
05-19-2005, 08:22 AM
I voted Grace, this one looks like its a three horse race between Harm, Grace, and ABA. It'll be interesting to see the winner.

grace
05-19-2005, 11:37 AM
:lollypop: :lollypop:

Diamond Dave
05-19-2005, 12:33 PM
I'd like to thank everyone for all my compliments. Also my job now allows me to post more often as I get to read everyday (I spend all my time infront of a computer). Before then it seemed like I was always reading about a day and half behind and this prevented me from posting. Once again, thanks.

Snickers
05-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Whee! I broke a three-way tie!

Suaveness
05-20-2005, 12:53 AM
Snicks! You need to post more!

Kegboy
05-20-2005, 01:28 AM
I'm interested to hear who Kegboy voted for....

Shouldn't be a shocker, but I still argue nepotism isn't involved. Remember, I blasted the idea of either one of us being nominated for Most Humorous.

There's guys on here I really like, like ABA. Problem is he's always been good, I can't see that he's "improved" all that much.

And there's somebody who should post a lot more than he does, Gnome. He was a dominant voice at last summer's forum party. Problem is, he seems like he posts even less than he used to, so I can't vote for him.

Am I the only person that liked Harmonica better when he was BP?

IMO, this comes down to Grace and Bball. Bball has really improved this year, becoming a legitimate MVP candidate in my eyes. But, he was still a founding pillar of this board to begin with.

Grace was a glorified lurker last year. She'd pop up occasionally to correct or defend me, or throw out one of her infamous PMS posts. But she'd never get involved in discussions. If you all could see how many emails she'd send me of a thread and say, "I want to post this", but she was always too nervous to do so. Don't get me wrong, she still sends me stuff, but now she just does it with things she's afraid she'd get banned for. :devil:

indygeezer
05-20-2005, 08:49 AM
I voted for IndyGeezer.

I've known him a long time and he's really stepped it up in the last year. If my memory is right he used to write mainly funny, short, posts. Now he's writing longer posts and talking more basketball. I remember reading one post and it surprised me that he was the author. I thought it more along the lines of something UncleBuck would write. It was such a change that I made a comment about it.

Of course it might not be an improvement but more a change of subject, but I noted it and like it.

Now as for my nomination, I'm puzzled by it. I started out on the IndyStar board back in the early ninety's(?) and made the jump over here when this forum was created, and I haven't changed a bit.

Nice words will not diminish the fact that I consider you a prick.

Hicks
05-20-2005, 10:22 AM
This one's coming down to the wire. If there is a tie when it closes, I'll have a 24-hour "lightening round" :evillaugh to determine the winner.

Bball
05-20-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm going to have to throw my vote to Diamond Dave. He's really picked it up as far as posting count and length this season. And it is almost always a good and interesting read with well thought out points. And easy to read (no deciphering of mucho bad grammar required).

Some of the names have always been good posters so that made it hard to consider them. Someone did note how Harmonica came back from 'hiatus' and didn't miss a beat or bring any extra bitterness back with him. That is a good point and I considered it... but he was good before as well. Grace has become the master of the hit and run post. She was also getting heavy consideration from me.

But in the end I went with Diamond Dave.

-Bball

Hicks
05-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Congratulations, Harmonica.

Hicks
05-20-2005, 04:55 PM
I'm curious to know who broke the tie.

Harmonica
05-20-2005, 05:06 PM

Good lord, you got to be kidding. BP was an irascible jerk. Personally, I couldn't stand him and I hope he never shows himself here ever again. Good riddance, I say!

MagicRat
05-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Good lord, you got to be kidding. BP was an irascible jerk. Personally, I couldn't stand him and I hope he never shows himself here ever again. Good riddance, I say!

Yeah, but he was funny. You're not funny......

indygeezer
05-20-2005, 05:08 PM

Nope, but I am.

ABADays
05-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Congrats Harmonica!

indygeezer
05-20-2005, 05:12 PM
Ya know, I much prefer the constructive crticism throughout the year rather than waiting until our performance review to hit me with it. Ya got a problem with how I do things man up....don't hide behind an annual review to tell me pick up my efforts. We could both be enjoying better performance if y'all were straight with me from the git go.

ChicagoJ
05-20-2005, 05:12 PM
I'm curious to know who broke the tie.

:whistle:

I never said at the top who I was actually going to vote for, and frankly - since I was in meetings and offline all day yesterday - I'd forgotten about that until I read that the poll was tied.

Unclebuck
05-20-2005, 05:14 PM

No you're not. I liked BP better also.

indygeezer
Oh yeah.....better man won and all that.

Good job Harmony...uh Harmonica

Harmonica

Oh, so now that you've been named "Most Humorous Poster" you're the authority on funny?

Harmonica
05-20-2005, 05:36 PM
No you're not. I liked BP better also.

Yeah, but you're a Ron apologist. If it makes you feel any better, I got two posts deleted in the past couple of weeks.

MagicRat
05-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Oh, so now that you've been named "Most Humorous Poster" you're the authority on funny?

Uh, I think what you meant to type was: "Now that you've been named "Most Humorous Poster" 2 years in a row, you're the authority on funny!"

Harmonica
05-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Uh, I think what you meant to type was: "Now that you've been named "Most Humorous Poster" 2 years in a row, you're the authority on funny!"

That wasn't funny. Was it?

indygeezer
05-20-2005, 05:43 PM

yeah, but you'll notice that I went from being runner-up for funniest to not even nominated for that. Soif ya stop trying to be funny suddenly they consider you one of the most improved......oh wait, that ain't working out right.

rats

Evan_The_Dude
05-20-2005, 05:46 PM
And why wasn't ReggieMiller668376+89=4155%of5534 on the list? He did start using punctuation after all :laugh:

MagicRat
05-20-2005, 05:59 PM
That wasn't funny. Was it?

Eh, it was kind of funny. Not nearly as funny as this commercial I saw one time where these two little girls played jump rope with some guy's tongue, though......now that was funny....... :laugh:

Harmonica
05-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Eh, it was kind of funny. Not nearly as funny as this commercial I saw one time where these two little girls played jump rope with some guy's tongue, though......now that was funny....... :laugh:

:wtf: That just sounds sick and perverted.

MagicRat
05-20-2005, 06:37 PM
:wtf: That just sounds sick and perverted.

The funny thing is I don't even remember the product it was hawking.....:whoknows: