PDA

View Full Version : To get away from the negative Pacers talk for a whilte

WAFollman
05-18-2005, 03:09 PM
I'm from Washington and like many people here Huskies football is pretty much my life. I was wondering since many of you probably are fans of or at least follow Notre Dame how you think Willingham will do here. I'm up in the air on the question, as this is quite a different situation than ND. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

Also since I'm sure there's Purdue followers, ND followers and Indiana followers. One of my friends always says I'm lying when I say that most other fans around the country really don't like Washington State or Oregon fans. What do you Indiana people think. I've always got along with Boilermakers from the 2001 Rose Bowl and the 2002 Sun Bowl. Don't know about ND fans but I'm sure there a lot better than Cougar or Ducks fans. Would love to hear people's opinions, thanks.

ABADays
05-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Willingham will do great there. The Notre Dame situation was handled very badly.

WAFollman
05-18-2005, 03:37 PM
Great, I think Washington might be a great place for him. With a strong tradition, a good recruiting base, this state turns out way more talent than it gets credit for and California down the road to steal a few. The fan support is unbelievable.

Kegboy
05-18-2005, 07:52 PM
Ty is a great coach. GREAT coach. Rumor was he was contacted by the Colts before Dungy and turned them down. Being a Purdue grad, I was scared to death when ND hired him. Thank god the idiots there screwed it up.

Sorry I don't pay much attention to the PAC-10, but in my estimation this hiring alone makes Washington the 3rd best program behind USC and Cal. Provided Ty gets his recruits, you guys are set for a very long time.

As for PAC-10 fans, the only ones I've been exposed to were your fans in the Rose Bowl. As I recall you guys were fine, though those around us got a bit uppity in the second half. Grace has a better memory for such things.

grace
05-18-2005, 08:20 PM
As for PAC-10 fans, the only ones I've been exposed to were your fans in the Rose Bowl. As I recall you guys were fine, though those around us got a bit uppity in the second half. Grace has a better memory for such things.

You got that right.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Actually since the years have passed I don't remember exactly what the Washington fans did to :censored: me off so much. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that song they kept singing. I think it was their version of the "Tequila" song where they changed the words. I don't remember the words, but after listening to it for 3 hours I was ready to kill. I did enjoy it when their quarterback (I'm not about to try and spell his name) threw that interception in the 4th quarter. It sure shut their fans up for awhile.

I'd say I'm over it now, but then someone might bring it up and then I'll get all upset again.

:swear: :bawl: :suicide:

indygeezer
05-18-2005, 10:27 PM
You got that right.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Actually since the years have passed I don't remember exactly what the Washington fans did to :censored: me off so much. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that song they kept singing. I think it was their version of the "Tequila" song where they changed the words. I don't remember the words, but after listening to it for 3 hours I was ready to kill. I did enjoy it when their quarterback (I'm not about to try and spell his name) threw that interception in the 4th quarter. It sure shut their fans up for awhile.

I'd say I'm over it now, but then someone might bring it up and then I'll get all upset again.

:swear: :bawl: :suicide:

Say Grace, I'm having memory troubles (age ya'know) just what year wsa that? and uh, what was the score??? I seem to forget. :hmm: :devil:

WAFollman
05-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Washington won by 10. That int that your talking about was actually an attempted lateral. The game was over and Tuiasosopo busted for like a 40 yard run then he tried to lateral it for the TD to Todd Elstrom who wasn't ready and Purdue recovered.

grace
05-19-2005, 12:03 AM
I swear that has got to be the stupidest thing Tuiasosopo has ever done in his life! I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

As for the score and the year that's the kind of stuff Kegboy remembers. He remembers trivial stuff like what teams were playing, who the players were, who was coaching, who the refs were, scores and stats. Me, I remember the important things like what the opposing crowd was cheering.

WAFollman
05-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Yeah Tui might be the best Husky player of all time but he made some bonehead plays in his career, Holiday Bowl 99 they had #4 KSU beat and he threw an int in the endzone. And Miami 2000 we were up by like 21 then he threw 2 horrible picks when he had been flawless the entire game, even though we still won. But boy did he ever make up for it. 1999 and 2000 against Stanford would go down as absolute classic performances in college football history if anyone on the east coast or midwest did them.

Reggie4Three
05-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Most of the Purdue fans I know tend to favor Washington State fans over Washington fans. They played each team in the Sun Bowl in back-to-back years and then Washington in the Rose Bowl. I didn't go to any of those games, but the impression I got was that the Washington fans they encountered were pretty arrogant and abrasive, like IU or ND fans. Never heard any bad things about the State fans. I think Washington State probably has alot in common with Purdue in the way it's received in the state.