PDA

View Full Version : Last night reminded me A LOT of Game in the 1998 ECF

Mushmouth
05-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Heavy underdogs in the series, frankly didn't look good in the games we lost, and got TORCHED on the road in game 5. TORCHED - I remember being unable to watch after a certain point.
Came back home for game 6, played an outstanding game after we'd been written off nationally and especially by Chicago media and fans. We can only hope we show some of the fortitude that has carried us at points this season tomorrow.

(I'm digging for reasons to have hope for game 6)

ChicagoJ
05-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Just to throw fuel on the fire, but wasn't Game #5 was the game Jalen was suspended from?

Mushmouth
05-18-2005, 12:38 PM
Just to throw fuel on the fire, but wasn't Game #5 was the game Jalen was suspended from?

For some reason I remember Mullin starting, so that could be the case. Was he still starting back then?

dannyboy
05-18-2005, 12:41 PM
When I watched Game 4 on NBATV, Doug Collins and Bob Costas made a point to identify Jalen Rose as the player to leave the bench during the scuffle in front of Chicago's bench just as Rick Carlisle grabbed him and brought him back.

Isaac
05-18-2005, 12:41 PM
I was at game 5 in that series. Decked out in Pacers gear. Boy did i eat crow.

Unclebuck
05-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Yes Jalen was suspended for that game (he left the bench area late in game 34 when Reggie got into a scrum near the Bulls bench)

I too thought about that game in 1998 last night

ChicagoJ
05-18-2005, 12:48 PM
For some reason I remember Mullin starting, so that could be the case. Was he still starting back then?

Mullin was the starter that season, but by the playoffs it was a 'token' start. Jalen and Derrick got almost all the SF minutes.

That was the only two weeks of his life that Jalen committed himself to playing defense. And he wasn't all that bad at it.

Bball
05-18-2005, 01:09 PM
Yes Jalen was suspended for that game (he left the bench area late in game 34 when Reggie got into a scrum near the Bulls bench)

Back in the 90's it's no wonder the playoffs seemed to last so long.... game 34... wow...

;)

-Bball

Kegboy
05-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Mullin was the starter that season, but by the playoffs it was a 'token' start.

So what was the entire '99 season?

God, just the thought of Mullin still starting against NY in '99 makes me want to go slap Larry. Yeah, I know he admitted he ****ed up, but still.