PDA

View Full Version : I Still Believe

DisplacedKnick
05-17-2005, 11:39 PM
And I'm not even a Pacers fan.

Maybe not having watched the game helps with that - I don't know.

I still think your team has something left. Everytime I've thought, "That's it - they've done all they can," they come up with something else.

No rational reason for this. They sucked Sunday though I thought they gave effort. From what everyone says they sucked tonight and didn't give effort.

I just still think they have something left. Not saying they'll win the series. Not even saying they'll win Game 6 though I actually expect that to happen. I just think that they've dug deep all season and they'll do it again.

Maybe I'm delusional but that's how I feel.

Unclebuck
05-17-2005, 11:45 PM
DK, I think the mind is willing, the heart is willing, but physically this team is about 99% through.

I expect the pacers to come out Thursday night very strong, but slowly wear down as the game goes on.

indytoad
Stop your mocking, old man!

IndyToad
Giggity giggity giggity

shags
This series isn't over, that's for damn sure. Pistons need to play with the same kind of intensity they played with tonight, because the Pacers are definitely going to bring it in Game 6.

Suaveness
05-17-2005, 11:49 PM
We just don't have it in us

pacerwaala
05-17-2005, 11:53 PM
This series isn't over, that's for damn sure. Pistons need to play with the same kind of intensity they played with tonight, because the Pacers are definitely going to bring it in Game 6.

keep on jinxing shags. I guess it is working for you.

DisplacedKnick
05-17-2005, 11:57 PM
DK, I think the mind is willing, the heart is willing, but physically this team is about 99% through.

I expect the pacers to come out Thursday night very strong, but slowly wear down as the game goes on.

We'll see - I'm not gonna argue with anyone who feels differently. Like I said, I have no rational reason to feel this way.

I just think they've sucked it up every time they've had to this season and they'll suck it up again.

Every time they've been faced with what looks like a hopeless situation, they've responded. I think they will again. Might still not get them past Detroit - that's an awful good team. But I think they can get another game. Then they can worry about Sunday.

Tim
05-18-2005, 12:15 AM
The difference in this game, at least for me, is that not at any time did I see any hope in the eyes of any of the players. none.

The only way we can compete is if Detroit starts game 6 like they already won it.

The season is over. My guess is the players are actually trying to put on a good show for Reggie and the fans. I don't think the players are purposely doing it, just deep down they have no hope, and they are tired. It a little like sitting in a small comfortable room at a retirement home, waiting to die.

Los Angeles
05-18-2005, 12:29 AM
I'm right there with you DK.

I think the main reason I'm not giving up is I've been through a lot already, and don't feel like quitting. This team never did. After all they've been through, I owe them two games worth of hope and I intend to pay the **** up.

Why quit now? Doesn't make sense sense to me. :twocents:

Shade
05-18-2005, 12:31 AM
And I'm not even a Pacers fan.

Maybe not having watched the game helps with that - I don't know.

I still think your team has something left. Everytime I've thought, "That's it - they've done all they can," they come up with something else.

No rational reason for this. They sucked Sunday though I thought they gave effort. From what everyone says they sucked tonight and didn't give effort.

I just still think they have something left. Not saying they'll win the series. Not even saying they'll win Game 6 though I actually expect that to happen. I just think that they've dug deep all season and they'll do it again.

Maybe I'm delusional but that's how I feel.

Go suck a prime number, bandwagoner. :tongue: ;)

Doug
05-18-2005, 08:51 AM
Go suck a prime number, bandwagoner. :tongue: ;)

Thursday will be our 13th playoff game.

DisplacedKnick
05-18-2005, 09:30 AM
Thursday will be our 13th playoff game.

Yeah - before this series started I was wondering if the prime number theory held for individual series or for overall playoff games. The problem is, if it was overall games you'd have lost already, 4-1.

I think the Prime Numbers are dead - someone, somewhere jinxed it. And when I find out who ... :beat:

Doug
05-18-2005, 10:00 AM
I think the Prime Numbers are dead
This is where string theory (http://superstringtheory.com/) comes in. We just need an 10 dimensional offense. If only we hadn't left Stephen Hawking (http://www.hawking.org.uk/) off the playoff roster...

RWB
05-18-2005, 10:40 AM
It a little like sitting in a small comfortable room at a retirement home, waiting to die.

All I can say is wow. Tim, maybe someday Al will return home. :)

Fool
05-18-2005, 11:00 AM
After sooooo many "look at what we've overcome" stories, I find it hard not to beleive that this Pacer team is always dangerous.

DisplacedKnick
05-18-2005, 11:02 AM
This is where string theory (http://superstringtheory.com/) comes in. We just need an 10 dimensional offense. If only we hadn't left Stephen Hawking (http://www.hawking.org.uk/) off the playoff roster...

Between that and someone asking me for model zoning ordinance language for a villaminium, I think my head may twist off today ...

Lord Helmet
05-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Oh, its over. What exactly are we going to bring? Bricks? Turnovers?