PDA

View Full Version : Start Pollard

brichard
05-17-2005, 10:52 PM
I'm serious. I say we start Pollard and get an energy guy out there early. When he goes out, ship in Foster. If they get in trouble send in Austin. We need something to rock the boat, so if we are going to go down, let's go down swinging! :scream:

Jermaniac
05-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Start JO at center, JJ or Cro at PF.

Hicks
05-17-2005, 11:18 PM
I have to admit I'm surprised we haven't even used Scot at ALL except for garbage time. I thought he would have done well in this series.

brichard
05-17-2005, 11:25 PM
I have to admit I'm surprised we haven't even used Scot at ALL except for garbage time. I thought he would have done well in this series.

Well, he obviously isn't the kind of guy who will win a game by points, but he is a guy that plays with a contagious enthusiasm. If nothing else, we just need to give the Pistons a new look and a fresh body. He sure can't play any worse than our bigs have been playing, and in front of Conseco he may get the fans going.

grace
05-18-2005, 11:32 AM
Kegboy would probably say Pollard isn't playing much because of something about matchups and going small (or something like that). I say Pollard's hurt and he can't play.

Bball
05-18-2005, 12:03 PM
I thought we'd see Pollard some this round trying to counter some of Detroit's size and maybe hoping he'd have his sideline short jumper working to try and keep the Piston defense honest.

....But then I thought we'd see a lot of James Jones with a role of shooting this series and very little JO Iso Ball which was proven pointless and ineffective last year and would be even moreso this year with him injured... especially if we didn't establish some outside shots first (Not necessarily 3's but at least some midrange stuff). No way we could go straight to Iso Ball...or so I thought...

But then I thought Reggie would be taking more than single digit shots as well....

-Bball

Unclebuck
05-18-2005, 12:44 PM
I agree with the coaches decision to play Pollard very little if at all. I'll repeat myself, in order to compete against the Pistons big gys you need quickness

If Croshere was healthy at all, then I could see him playing some

3Ball
05-18-2005, 12:47 PM
We won this year by having EVERYONE scrapping and playing their hearts out. That's how we ought to be playing now. We CAN'T play the short rotation ball that usually is the thing in the playoffs because our top 7 guys can't get it done alone.

brichard
05-18-2005, 10:22 PM
I agree with the coaches decision to play Pollard very little if at all. I'll repeat myself, in order to compete against the Pistons big gys you need quickness

If Croshere was healthy at all, then I could see him playing some

I understand your phillosophy, but in observation, didn't he do a pretty fine job against Detroit before? Sometimes what is on paper and what is on the floor are two different things.

abington
05-18-2005, 10:26 PM
We won this year by having EVERYONE scrapping and playing their hearts out. That's how we ought to be playing now. We CAN'T play the short rotation ball that usually is the thing in the playoffs because our top 7 guys can't get it done alone.

agree.