PDA

View Full Version : Assuming the Pistons win the series...

Isaac
05-17-2005, 10:46 PM
I know they still need to win another game, but... will you be rooting for the Pistons or the Heat in the ECF barring an unforseen Pacers comeback in the next two games?

I usually carry the theory that I'd rather get knocked out by the team that ends up winning the whole thing, because then at least you got beat by the best team. But my hatred for Detroit is going to make me root for the Heat.

Shade
05-17-2005, 11:02 PM
I will root for...

...the ground to open up and swallow both teams. :devil:

obnoxiousmodesty
05-17-2005, 11:08 PM
I will stop giving the playoffs serious attention when/if the Pacers are ousted. Instead, I'll turn my interest toward the upcoming draft.

Ugh, the summer sports hiatus is nearing arrival, which means sometime in early July I'll drop to my knees and beg the Gods to deliver me from another basketball/football-less summer.

pacerwaala
05-17-2005, 11:10 PM
I will root for Miami for two reasons :

1 - I never liek teams to win back to back and have too much confidence. If the Pistons loose they will be back to fround zero and next year is an even field. If the Pistons win this years championship also, they will be even harder to overcome next year.

2 - I live in Metro Detroit and would liek to shut the mouths of all the m...er f...ers around here

Unclebuck
05-17-2005, 11:13 PM
That is a very tough decision. Let me first say I'll watch every minute of that series, it should be a lot of fun to watch.

I'll probably root for the Pistons. I'll block out 11/19, and root for the Pistons. I do respect that team a lot

SoupIsGood
05-17-2005, 11:16 PM
I'll root for Detroit, because I want to see the Spurs pick them apart in the Finals.

The Sonics might put an end to that though...

skyfire
05-17-2005, 11:47 PM
I'll be supporting the Pistons against the Heat, so I can see them lose to the Spurs.

Hicks
05-18-2005, 12:15 AM
I refuse to root for that franchise in any way, but I'm damn curious to see what a 7 game series between San Antonio and Detroit would turn out.

Shade
05-18-2005, 12:38 AM
I probably won't watch until the Finals, actually.

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-18-2005, 03:12 AM
If, and I mean IF, the Pistons advance, I promise that Miami will kick their A$$e$.
I really don't want the Pistons to even have the good fortune of making the finals.

Regardless, if the Pacers are out, then I'll root for either the Spurs or the Suns.

pb777
05-18-2005, 03:56 AM
I dont even want to answer the question b/c the current series is still alive. But just know that I could never root for DET, ever. I dont care who they are playing.

Deadshot
05-18-2005, 08:48 AM
At this point, I would cheer for a Purdue team to beat the Pistons. Seriously, there is still something inside of me that can't stand anything about Detroit. From their PA announcer, to their crazy hair styles, I just want to puke. Never before have I despised a team this much, not even the dreaded Patriots.

With that being said, I respect their defense and team play, but the only thing I like about their organization is Mr. Davidson.

Ragnar
05-18-2005, 08:59 AM
I would rather lose to the team that wins the title than one who does not.

3Ball
05-18-2005, 09:50 AM
San Antonio.

ABADays
05-18-2005, 09:54 AM
Whenever the Pacers are ousted, the NBA season is officially over for me.

RWB
05-18-2005, 09:57 AM
I have to (ugh) root for Miami. Nothing against the Piston players at all it's my dislike for LBrown. When push comes to shove he never accepts blame when he makes mistakes. Just kind of grates me wrong.

Zesty
05-18-2005, 10:31 AM
I won't root for Miami, but I will be rooting hard against Detroit for the remainder of the playoffs, just as I do all season. God, I can't stand them.

grace
05-18-2005, 10:57 AM
It will probably be a cold day in he!! before I ever root for the Pistons. Miami on the other hand: I like Zo and Wade. No, I still don't like Shaq, but he's the lesser of 2 evils. At least he doesn't carry around a stupid belt wherever he goes.:rolleyes:

Kegboy
05-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Miami. I like all their players except Shaq. I love their coaching staff.

But, really, I'll be happy if Wade posterizes Darko just once in the series. :devil: