PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree with Sir Charles?

BillS
05-17-2005, 09:17 PM
At halftime, Barkley said he thought that, sooner or later, after overcoming so much adversity, you just run out of gas.

Do you think we've finally reached that point?

In this game we actually looked good until 5 minutes or so left in the first half, then we just completely fell apart offensively.

While Detroit defense is good, it isn't <i><b>that</b></i> good.

Not just hustle on Detroit's side, but bounces seemed to be just out of our reach, or bounce off hard hands, or slip between legs.

Did we just run as hard as we could and finally collapse, like those "hydration" commercials?

Ragnar
05-17-2005, 09:27 PM
No way Detroit should score as much on us as they have been thats just horrid D on our part. Maybe we have run out of gas but part of it is bad pairings in this series. Jeff should be starting and since NO ONE can hit a shot James Jones should be getting some plays run for him. Remember how Peck was bemoaning how JJ played himself out of our price range in the last series?

Why isnt he playing untill garbage time after getting more rebounds per minute than Jermain in the last game? The kid can shoot the rock and we are not running any plays for him.

able
05-17-2005, 09:32 PM
worse, he only gets garbage time minutes again

as in thanks for your effort of gettingus here, and getting us over the hump in the Boston series, but from here on in it is bye bye.

"ask the coach"

Brian
05-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Yes I do think we are outta gas,Even in the post game conference I didnt sense any bit of confidence like I did after any of the boston losses.

pacerwaala
05-17-2005, 10:52 PM
No way Detroit should score as much on us as they have been thats just horrid D on our part. Maybe we have run out of gas but part of it is bad pairings in this series. Jeff should be starting and since NO ONE can hit a shot James Jones should be getting some plays run for him. Remember how Peck was bemoaning how JJ played himself out of our price range in the last series?

Why isnt he playing untill garbage time after getting more rebounds per minute than Jermain in the last game? The kid can shoot the rock and we are not running any plays for him.

After a blowout loss, everybody who did not play and was on the bench looks like Michael Jordan. James Jones is good but not that good. The Pistons would go at him on their offense and the speed of the Pistons is too much for JJ to get easily open. For instance, when Ronald Dupree was in for the Pistons, the Pacers had Sjax go at him twice in a row. The level of play and the speed of Detroit is a lot higher than the Celts. If Reggie cannot get easy open shots, JJ , who cannot create shots will have a tough time.

One thing I would do though is play FJones more and give him the green signal a little bit because his quickness will trouble the Pistons - I think.

brichard
05-17-2005, 10:57 PM
No, I don't. I don't think it is possible to run out of gas in the playoffs. You check your body at the door and play on adrenaline if you have to.

There are lots of good reasons for us to lose to them, but energy and effort shouldn't be one of them.

DisplacedKnick
05-17-2005, 11:17 PM
I didn't see this game but I remember one of the blowouts vs Boston thinking they'd run out of gas.

So I'm not 100% convinced of that. We'll find out Thurs. Remember what Yogi said.

Big Smooth
05-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Not really. I think that is an obvious, lazy piece of analysis. And I like Chuck for the most part.

I just think Detroit is the defending champion, a truly formidable opponent. And they made some adjustments. Playing Arroyo being one of the big adjustments.

We ain't dead yet. How many times have people starting shoveling dirt on us this season? Too many times to count.

Doug
05-17-2005, 11:24 PM
Remember what Yogi said.It was something about a picnic basket, but I don't see what that has to do with anything. :-)

RWB
05-18-2005, 08:08 AM
It was something about a picnic basket, but I don't see what that has to do with anything. :-)

Stealing picnic baskets Doug. Yogi and that half-pint partner of his stole baskets. You're right I still don't get it. :confused:

DisplacedKnick
05-18-2005, 08:15 AM
It was something about a picnic basket, but I don't see what that has to do with anything. :-)

I was thinking of this one:

You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough in the second half you give what's left.

Or maybe it was, You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there.

Or maybe, We made too many wrong mistakes.

I dunno - maybe I'll go answer an anonymous letter ...