PDA

View Full Version : Classless move by Brown.

Hicks
05-17-2005, 09:11 PM
They're up 25 with 6-7 minutes to go. McDyess gets his 5th foul. Time for Darko, right? OK, maybe he doesn't deserve it. So it's Elden Campbell then!

No.

He puts in Ben ****ing Wallace.

What a b@stard.

Wait, back out of the timeout now.

Campbell is in!

But so is Ben, Rasheed, Prince, Billups, and Hamilton.

What a pr!ck.

Lord Helmet
05-17-2005, 09:25 PM
We shouldn't have been getting smoked that bad to begin with. And, he was probably just being cautious.

ImCrazyB
05-17-2005, 09:36 PM
No, There is no excuse for what he did. He was doing this to make the score on Sports Center look disgusting.

Anthem
05-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Yup. That's Brown being pissy.

I hate the Pistons.

Bball
05-17-2005, 09:41 PM
Actually.... he might've been looking to thoroughly demoralize the Pacers and setup a win in game 6 and end this thing. Why let the Pacers make any kind of run and take home some kind of moral victory for any kind of momentum or spark at all? They put their foot on our throats and kept it there. That's not always the wrong thing to do.

Yes, it is a gamble that you don't get an injury or somehow inspire the other team for the next game BUT since this was blowout #2 in a row then I'm not sure he had to worry about inspiring the Pacers.

-Bball

pacerwaala
05-17-2005, 10:46 PM
They're up 25 with 6-7 minutes to go. McDyess gets his 5th foul. Time for Darko, right? OK, maybe he doesn't deserve it. So it's Elden Campbell then!

No.

He puts in Ben ****ing Wallace.

What a b@stard.

Wait, back out of the timeout now.

Campbell is in!

But so is Ben, Rasheed, Prince, Billups, and Hamilton.

What a pr!ck.

We had our starters still in though at the 6-7 min mark.

Isaac
05-17-2005, 10:50 PM
And to think i used to like this guy when he coached for us.

What an *******.

I really hate LB and I hate the Pistons.

Who cares if we had our starters in? We werent blowing them out!

Hicks
05-17-2005, 10:52 PM
We had our starters still in though at the 6-7 min mark.

That's because we're the team trying to come back. When you're the team that's up 25, you're supposed to play subs unless it's like a Dallas/PHO team that could easily come back. But everyone and their mother knew we were toast by the 4th, especially after a handful of minutes in.

pacerwaala
05-17-2005, 10:54 PM
That's because we're the team trying to come back. When you're the team that's up 25, you're supposed to play subs unless it's like a Dallas/PHO team that could easily come back. But everyone and their mother knew we were toast by the 4th, especially after a handful of minutes in.

I find it hard to agree that Larry Brown is classless after what he has done throughout his career and for this franchise. I will give him the benefit of doubt that he was on the cusp of bringing the starters out.

If he indeed do that with a bad intention, I hope the Pacers noticed and use that as motivation.

Doug
05-17-2005, 11:18 PM
I thought the protocol was the losing team clears its bench first, conceding defeat. Then the winning one begins pulling theirs.

Brian
05-17-2005, 11:56 PM
I was thinking the same exact thing...I mean we see our bench guys out there against their starters.With less than 5 mins left.I thought that was a little over kill by brown.

Stryder
05-18-2005, 12:13 AM
There is no such thing as letting up in professional sports.

NO SUCH THING.

You play to win the game. If you can't, you better get off the court.

It was stupid for him to play his starters that far into a blowout, but not classless.

How about turning it around and saying the Pacers were a classless team because they didn't show up tonight, thereby showing the Pistons no respect.

???

Fool
05-18-2005, 10:57 AM
I was just at another Pacer board that considered putting Darko in an insult. Its pretty much a lose/lose situation with fan perceptions.

Hicks
05-18-2005, 12:03 PM
After sleeping on it, I overreacted. However I still believe when you're up that big, especially at home in a game where the entire free world knows it's over, you should put your 3rd string in.

grace
05-18-2005, 12:24 PM
I was just at another Pacer board that considered putting Darko in an insult. Its pretty much a lose/lose situation with fan perceptions.

I think if Larry didn't dislike Darko so much he would have put him in earlier. Heck, I thought for sure he was going to put him in during game 4, but I don't think he ever did.

Roy Munson
05-18-2005, 12:27 PM
I was thinking the same exact thing...I mean we see our bench guys out there against their starters.With less than 5 mins left.I thought that was a little over kill by brown.

I think that Brown looked out on the court and saw the Pacers bench players out on the court and he said to himself "gee, they got their best lineup in the game finally...better put Ben back in".

RWB
05-18-2005, 12:30 PM
I think that Brown looked out on the court and saw the Pacers bench players out on the court and he said to himself "gee, they got their best lineup in the game finally...better put Ben back in".

:laugh: