PDA

View Full Version : Has any one else heard this (KG related)

pb777
05-16-2005, 08:16 PM
i havent heard that, but i think it's gonna be a very interesting summer of big trades

Harmonica
05-16-2005, 08:18 PM
JO for KG. I like it.

shags
05-16-2005, 08:21 PM
I was just reading a article on David Stern in my sporting news (a great read, if I can find it I will post it in another thraed) but I saw a little blurb that said league sources were saying that KG was on the trading block. TSN said these rumors were false.

I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about this? I cant even imagine the Wolves trading KG.............

Vince Carter, Nenad Krstic, Zoran Planinic, the Clippers 2006 1st round draft pick (which the Nets own), and a future Nets 1st round draft pick for Kevin Garnett.

I don't think Minnesota does that. And I don't know that any other team can offer them a better deal. That, and you'd think Minnesota would learn from the Lakers where trading a superstar gets you.

Hicks
05-16-2005, 08:21 PM
JO & Ron matches salary with KG & Hassell..... :devil:

pacerwaala
05-16-2005, 08:26 PM
I would definitely trade JO the basketball player for KG. JO, the person is a good guy, does community stuff,etc. That will be hard to do.

As far as basketball goes, KG does not back down from anybody, is a double double guy everyday, has a lot smoother stroke (without any kinks in the form) and can get his points without having to play "dump into the post and watch".

3Ball
05-16-2005, 08:49 PM
I wonder what would be the largest number of All-Stars involved in a single trade...

Jermaniac
05-16-2005, 08:52 PM
JO & Ron matches salary with KG & Hassell..... :devil: I wouldnt do that

Harmonica
05-16-2005, 08:56 PM
I imagine if KG were put on the trading block, there would be serious consideration on our part, if not an all-out attempt to trade for him, and that would have to involve JO.

PacerFan31
05-16-2005, 09:04 PM
I wouldnt do that

yea i'm with you jerm, I'd have to pass on a JO and Ron for KG deal. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to get KG :D

SoupIsGood
05-16-2005, 09:11 PM
I would trade JO and Ron for KG in a second. With Garnett passing out of those double teams, we could set up one one hell of a offense.

He wouldn't have to carry the scoring load at crunch time, either, with Jack and Tinsley on the roster.

The only thing, though, is Garnett has rubbed some of his teammates the wrong way before... I'd hate for him and Jack to combine to react violently...

Jaydawg2270
05-16-2005, 09:12 PM
i dont know why you people want trades but i like this team how it is :)

Harmonica
05-16-2005, 09:16 PM
I would trade JO and Ron for KG in a second. With Garnett passing out of those double teams, we could set up one one hell of a offense.

He wouldn't have to carry the scoring load at crunch time, either, with Jack and Tinsley on the roster.

The only thing, though, is Garnett has rubbed some of his teammates the wrong way before... I'd hate for him and Jack to combine to react violently...

What if we kept Ron? Who else might you include? And why has Garnett rubbed some of his teammates the wrong way?

Could you imagine this starting 5 though:

Davis
Garnett
Artest
Jackson
Tinsley

:drool:

The thought is just too much to bear. Who in the world could beat us?

Kegboy
05-16-2005, 09:18 PM
Vince Carter, Nenad Krstic, Zoran Planinic, the Clippers 2006 1st round draft pick (which the Nets own), and a future Nets 1st round draft pick for Kevin Garnett.

I don't think Minnesota does that. And I don't know that any other team can offer them a better deal. That, and you'd think Minnesota would learn from the Lakers where trading a superstar gets you.

Minny needs a Big in return if they do trade KG. Hell, they'd probably force Kandi as part of such a trade, too.

Kstat
05-16-2005, 09:22 PM
Minnesota would accept no less from the Pacers than JO and Artest. I don't see any other combination of players that would work.

SoupIsGood
05-16-2005, 09:23 PM
What if we kept Ron? Who else might you include? And why has Garnett rubbed some of his teammates the wrong way?

Could you imagine this starting 5:

Davis
Garnett
Artest
Jackson
Tinsley

:drool:

The thought is just too much to bear. Who in the world could beat us?

I'm not sure really. Perhaps his constant cussing has something to do with it. :laugh:

No, but really, he had that incident with the rookie kid last year, he and Wally have had several 'incidents' (one in which KG walloped him while laying on the trainer's table), and I believe Rasho Nesterovic got out of Minny mainly because of KG.

But, I could be wrong. I mean, everyone gets frustrated, and clashes with teamates...

Kegboy
05-16-2005, 09:31 PM
And there was that time KG punched that rookie for blocking his shot in practice. :rolleyes:

Yeah, we really need him. He'd really blend in well with our current bunch of level-headed players. :sarcasm:

Speaking of practice, maybe he and AI should be on a team together, they could even each other out. "It was only practice Kevin, I mean, it was practice, what are we talking about here, practice?..." :devil:

Harmonica
05-16-2005, 09:36 PM
Minnesota would accept no less from the Pacers than JO and Artest. I don't see any other combination of players that would work.

I disagree that it would take Ron as well. If Minnesota was indeed looking to trade Garnett, there aren't many teams that have what it takes (an all-star big man) to make that happen.

Kstat
05-16-2005, 10:01 PM
I disagree that it would take Ron as well. If Minnesota was indeed looking to trade Garnett, there aren't many teams that have what it takes (an all-star big man) to make that happen.

You confuse wanting to trade him, with trying to get rid of him.

Minnesota would get a lot of huge offers. New Jersey would probably offer any 2 of Carter, Jefferson and Kidd.

Bball
05-16-2005, 10:23 PM

Suddenly, somebody would want Artest? He's going to go from next to untradable to necessary to make a bigtime trade work for the other team?

I don't know, you and the rest of us can't have it both ways when it comes to Artest. Either he is poison or he's not. I have to think that if he is not then he wouldn't still be here. Only the Pacers might've changed their tune about him in these past few months after seeing him up close and personal (these past few months) and monitoring him. I can't imagine anyone else (but the Pacers) having a change of heart regarding Artest.

-Bball

Kstat
05-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Suddenly, somebody would want Artest? He's going to go from next to untradable to necessary to make a bigtime trade work for the other team?

I don't know, you and the rest of us can't have it both ways when it comes to Artest. Either he is poison or he's not. I have to think that if he is not then he wouldn't still be here. Only the Pacers might've changed their tune about him in these past few months after seeing him up close and personal (these past few months) and monitoring him. I can't imagine anyone else (but the Pacers) having a change of heart regarding Artest.

-Bball

Thing is, Artest still carries more value than anyone else on your team, besides JO.

To amend that, Tinsley and JO would probably work, too.

Harmonica
05-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Thing is, Artest still carries more value than anyone else on your team, besides JO.

To amend that, Tinsley and JO would probably work, too.

So would JO + Foster, or JO + Bender, or JO + Pollard.

Kstat
05-16-2005, 10:43 PM
So would JO + Foster, or JO + Bender, or JO + Pollard.

.........so your point is that Bender and Pollard carry as much value as Artest or Tinsley?

Arcadian
05-16-2005, 10:43 PM
And the battle for most arguementative poster rages on.

indygeezer
05-16-2005, 10:48 PM
Brings up a point Kstat. As an outsider..your honest opinion. Has this series made other teams notice Jeff and has his trade value improved any?

I'm of the opinion that if people are looking they may notice that his numbers are decent over a season and the two games shows what he can accomplish in abig game situation. Not saying it would make him trade-bait by himself but as a very desirable piece in a larger deal.
Your thoughts.

ChicagoJ
05-16-2005, 10:57 PM
:lurk:

DisplacedKnick
05-16-2005, 11:01 PM
I've heard a lot of talk that the Wolves will never get to the promised land with KG and with his huge contract, and with Cassell and Spree soon-to-be ex-Wolves, now's a good time to deal him.

But that's just fan-talk, which is a long way from calling him on the block.

canyoufeelit
05-16-2005, 11:09 PM
If Artest and JO didn't win a championship here, weren't the best duo in the league, and were involved in 11/19 in some capacity, why would Minnesota want them? A change of scenery is often good for one percieved malcontent, but two players? I guess what I'm saying is...

If it didn't work here, why would it work there...?

FiestyFosterFanatic
05-16-2005, 11:10 PM
JO/Croshere/Bender for Garnett/Sczerbiack

SoupIsGood
05-16-2005, 11:11 PM
If Artest and JO didn't win a championship here, weren't the best duo in the league, and were involved in 11/19 in some capacity, why would Minnesota want them? A change of scenery is often good for one percieved malcontent, but two players? If it didn't work here, why would it work there...?

They've gotten just as far as KG ever has...

Besides, if JO and Ron would have taken us to the promised land, we wouldn't ever trade them. The same goes for every other team. No one is going to fork over a champion.

Also, there aren't many offers they would recieve that would be better than JO and Ron, talent-wise.

Harmonica
05-16-2005, 11:15 PM
And the battle for most arguementative poster rages on.

And so does the battle for the worst speller. :-p

Harmonica
05-16-2005, 11:19 PM
.........so your point is that Bender and Pollard carry as much value as Artest or Tinsley?

You missed Foster. But no, that's not my point at all. If the Pacers aren't anxious to trade JO, then they wouldn't be in a hurry to give up two star-quality players for one.

TheHotShot31
05-16-2005, 11:19 PM
JO/Croshere/Bender for Garnett/Sczerbiack

I would make that trade in a heartbeat.

Arcadian
05-16-2005, 11:23 PM
And so does the battle for the worst speller. :-p

Come on now I'm the runn away winer.

Kstat
05-16-2005, 11:32 PM
Brings up a point Kstat. As an outsider..your honest opinion. Has this series made other teams notice Jeff and has his trade value improved any?

I'm of the opinion that if people are looking they may notice that his numbers are decent over a season and the two games shows what he can accomplish in abig game situation. Not saying it would make him trade-bait by himself but as a very desirable piece in a larger deal.
Your thoughts.

I'm not sure that a few good games followed by a 1-rebound performance is going to raise his rep any around the league.

It depends how he finishes this series. As it is, he was the starting center on a 61-win team last year. How does being the 7th or 8th man on a #6 seed help him any?

FiestyFosterFanatic
05-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Why does everyone want to trade Foster?

Anthem
05-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Why does everyone want to trade Foster?

Because he's probably our most tradable player.

SoupIsGood
05-16-2005, 11:50 PM
I don't want Foster to leave...

Jermaniac
05-16-2005, 11:57 PM
I dont want JO to leave....

SoupIsGood
05-17-2005, 12:08 AM
I dont want JO to leave....

Me either, really. But if we get back one of the top 3 players in basketball, I could certainly live with it.

Won't happen though.:(

ChicagoJ
05-17-2005, 12:09 AM
I don't care who stays, who goes, and who comes in, but somebody better bring a championship to the Pacers soon.

Jermaniac
05-17-2005, 12:10 AM
I agree it wont happen, I dont see much of our team changing. Maybe the only player we add is our 1st round pick.

Unclebuck
05-17-2005, 10:20 AM
If you believe Vescey, Jerry West wanted Foster pretty bad in the summer of 2003. And if you believe Vescey, every team in the league would love to have Foster.

If you don't believe Vescey, then believe me, every team in the league would want Foster. There is no downside to him. He would fit on almost every team in the league. His contract is very reasonable. He is a great team guy, never has and never will cause any problem, you can play him 10 minutes per game or 30.

But we don't want to trade him. For all those same reasons Jeff is valuable to us

ChicagoJ
05-17-2005, 10:36 AM
The only reason Jeff is traded is because he's our 'most tradeable' piece. Not because we're trying to get rid of him.

And for the first time in a long time, this team is set up so that he's playing his optimal role. He was okay as a starter splitting his minutes with Al, but not with this incarnation of the Pacers.

bmac
05-17-2005, 11:06 AM
yea i'm with you jerm, I'd have to pass on a JO and Ron for KG deal. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to get KG :D

As much as I love Ron Artest and JO........that would be the steal of the century for the Pacers.

Unclebuck
05-17-2005, 11:41 AM
I don't care who stays, who goes, and who comes in, but somebody better bring a championship to the Pacers soon.

So you've decided that Ron should stay. Finally

indygeezer
05-17-2005, 11:47 AM
My purpose was not to get a deal for Jeff, but to gauge the outsider view of him. I recognize that every team in the league would love to have Jeff, if for no other reason than to replace some lazy all-talent do nothing.

Harmonica
05-17-2005, 11:54 AM
As much as I love Ron Artest and JO........that would be the steal of the century for the Pacers.

What would we do about the SF position? Continue to start Jax there? If so, then what do we do about SG? Freddie? Again, if Minnesota shops KG, I imagine that we'll seriously consider making an attempt to acquire him and as much as I like Foster, I'd rather see an offer of JO + Jeff than JO + Ron.

Since86
05-17-2005, 11:54 AM
Besides, if JO and Ron would have taken us to the promised land, we wouldn't ever trade them. The same goes for every other team. No one is going to fork over a champion.

:cough: :lakers: :cough:

Since86
05-17-2005, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure that a few good games followed by a 1-rebound performance is going to raise his rep any around the league.

It depends how he finishes this series. As it is, he was the starting center on a 61-win team last year. How does being the 7th or 8th man on a #6 seed help him any?

One good rebounding game performance? Excuse me, but Foster lead the entire league in total number rebounds per 48mins. You don't get those stats with a few good rebounding games.

SoupIsGood
05-17-2005, 05:02 PM
:cough: :lakers: :cough:

Well it all changes when a player demands a trade, of course.

Since86
05-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Only after they tell him they aren't going to pay him anywhere near what he wants so they can pay the GM his salary.........

Anthem
05-17-2005, 06:41 PM
What would we do about the SF position? Continue to start Jax there? If so, then what do we do about SG? Freddie? Again, if Minnesota shops KG, I imagine that we'll seriously consider making an attempt to acquire him and as much as I like Foster, I'd rather see an offer of JO + Jeff than JO + Ron.

Agreed on this one. Everybody knows I love Ron, but even besides that it would scare me to move both of our starting all-star forwards for one guy, even if he is Kevin Garnett.

Wait, though.... we forgot. We could play BENDER at small forward! :flirt: