PDA

View Full Version : Are there many ballers in here?

3ptmiller
05-16-2005, 01:24 PM
I cant believe i have never asked this question! Can u guys tell about yourselves, about your basketball experiences (if you have or had any). How u got involved into basketball.. Just streetballers? Anything!

My name: Enes
Height: 6´4" (191 cm)
Weight: 180 lbs (81 kg)
Team & Experience: Been playing in 14 years, right now am playing in Norrköping Dolphins and its the top Proffesional League of Sweden. Im doing good here! My position is Shooting Guard and i dont want to brag but the best scorer/shooter in my team :).
Stats: 21 ppg, 3PT Accuracy about 50%, FT Accuracy 85%.. The rest im not sure about, but go in to www.basketligan.se for all information about my team and our/my statistics & standings :).

Miller_time04
05-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Name: Dustin
Height: 6'2"
Wieght: 195
Team & Experience: Played since I was five years old. Played mostly on traveling teams until I was in Middle School and then I play for my school. Played High School Ball as a Freshman and Sophomore in Florida. But I moved to Indiana Last May and didn't try out for the team this year, but instead played at Bloomington Sports Plex and also a Y-League. I am a Combo Guard, but I play better at the point because I like to pass first and score second.

Stats: Averaged 14.0 ppg, 8 assists, and 3 rebounds as a sophomore. This year in Y-League I was the leading scorer of the league with 18 ppg and my team won the championship.

bmac
05-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Center-NBA LIVE 2004 averaged 40 points a game last season.

Shade
05-16-2005, 02:29 PM
I'm not bad. It's just hard to move at times due to joint pain. And I'm only 26. :shrug:

DisplacedKnick
05-16-2005, 03:12 PM
I've graduated to playing OFMR basketball. Got good skills though, for that kind of game.

3ptmiller
05-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Center-NBA LIVE 2004 averaged 40 points a game last season.

:lmao:

3ptmiller
05-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Name: Dustin
Height: 6'2"
Wieght: 195
Team & Experience: Played since I was five years old. Played mostly on traveling teams until I was in Middle School and then I play for my school. Played High School Ball as a Freshman and Sophomore in Florida. But I moved to Indiana Last May and didn't try out for the team this year, but instead played at Bloomington Sports Plex and also a Y-League. I am a Combo Guard, but I play better at the point because I like to pass first and score second.

Stats: Averaged 14.0 ppg, 8 assists, and 3 rebounds as a sophomore. This year in Y-League I was the leading scorer of the league with 18 ppg and my team won the championship.

Nice! Congrats on the championship... so were do we sign for an NBA Contract? :D

Doug
05-16-2005, 03:40 PM
I've graduated to playing OFMR basketball. Got good skills though, for that kind of game.

OFMR?

I still play a couple times a week, assuming I can drag myself out of bed early enough in the morning.

I played PF in high school. No real offensive skills then, just defense and rebounding and garbage buckets.

I've managed to pick up a bit offense in the past 20 years, though. I'm a better shot, but my real strength is driving to the hoop. I've got a quick first step, good hops, and good hang time.

I'm working on picking up more guard skills, working on my passing, dribbling, and outside shooting. And adding a few variations of the things I already do - a baby hook, step back jumper, etc.

DisplacedKnick
05-16-2005, 03:51 PM
OFMR?

Old Fat Man Rules. You're allowed to use your shoulder and elbow to create space since you only have a 6" vertical leap, if anyone under 30 is about to blow by you're allowed to tackle him (one-arm only - two-arm tackles are only allowed when you're past 50), you can clear space with your butt any time some scrawny, wormy little SOB gets close enough to you, and you're allowed to hold a defender off with your free hand (as long as you keep it above the waist).

There's more but basically you can use bulk to make up for an absence of athleticism.

I have an awesome spin move to the basket - first you stick your butt out to knock him off you, then you give a shoulder block and grab him with your free hand (sort of a chicken-wing with your whole arm) as you turn toward the basket.

Unless some wormy, scrawny dude who can jump is in the way ...

3ptmiller
05-16-2005, 04:06 PM
Old Fat Man Rules. You're allowed to use your shoulder and elbow to create space since you only have a 6" vertical leap, if anyone under 30 is about to blow by you're allowed to tackle him (one-arm only - two-arm tackles are only allowed when you're past 50), you can clear space with your butt any time some scrawny, wormy little SOB gets close enough to you, and you're allowed to hold a defender off with your free hand (as long as you keep it above the waist).

There's more but basically you can use bulk to make up for an absence of athleticism.

I have an awesome spin move to the basket - first you stick your butt out to knock him off you, then you give a shoulder block and grab him with your free hand (sort of a chicken-wing with your whole arm) as you turn toward the basket.

Unless some wormy, scrawny dude who can jump is in the way ...

haha :D Anybody can play ball then!

DisplacedKnick
05-16-2005, 04:20 PM
haha :D Anybody can play ball then!

Yeah - but you're only allowed to play this way if you're:

A) Old
and
B) Fat

Over 50 all you need is A.

Otherwise you'd have to run and jump and who needs that? :-p :D :laugh:

Doug
05-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Old Fat Man Rules.LOL!

I know what you mean. There's a couple of people I play with that have the clearing space thing down to a science. People develop all kind of weird compensation skills for declining athleticism. There's one guy who shoots so far behind his head you've got almost no chance of blocking it. And it's not unusual to get body-checked out of bounds if you beat somebody baseline. All in good fun, of course, but you don't drive to the hoop without expecting to get fouled. But that's probably the way it should be. :-)

Roy Munson
05-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Name: Roy Munson
Height: 6'0"
Wieght: 240

I Used to be pretty good, but that was 65 pounds ago.

3ptmiller
05-16-2005, 06:13 PM

:D

Hoop
05-16-2005, 06:32 PM
I am almost unbeatable at HORSE on my home court, from 19'9" in. :-p

DisplacedKnick
05-16-2005, 06:34 PM

You can still be pretty good - just practice based on the above rules.

BigDawg44
05-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Name: Mac Wilson
Height: 6'3
Weight 200

I play PF and SF for my team. I hardly start but i have been told i have some of the best fundamentals on the team and am one of the smarter (basketball wise) players on the team. I am not really a stand out player. I am a solid role player coming off the bench averaging about 6 pts. 5 reb. 2 ast. and 1 blk per game. Though i feel like my coach did me in by not playing me more. As the year went on the less time i got and less confidence i had. At the beginning of the year i was avg. 12 pts. per game but i got less and less time as the season progressed for reasons i dont know. oh well. I am going to try out for Elon University's team next year and if i dont make that...Ultimate frisbee club

ThirtyOneAndOnlyFX
05-16-2005, 07:46 PM
height: 5' 6
weight: 125 lbs

i play pick-up ball. since academics take top priority, i don't play in any leagues.
i'm a defensive minded player with a midrange and outside shot. i pass a lot.

3ptmiller
05-16-2005, 10:37 PM
I am going to try out for Elon University's team next year and if i dont make that...Ultimate frisbee club

:laugh: The NFA! (national frisbee association)

cramerica
05-17-2005, 03:53 AM
I'm from Indiana. Of course I'm a baller.

skyfire
05-17-2005, 05:48 AM
There have been a couple of threads about this in the past, here (http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5941) is the link for the most recent one.

Here in Melbourne, Australia our basketball structure works abit different to the US.

Roughly divided up in increasing levels of seriousness.

Social, School, Domestic, District.

I've played, coached and reffed at all levels to varying degrees. I currently play 2 nights a week in social competitions, as a SF/PF, good rebounder, defender and passer, decent shooter when i get around to practicing enough

h : 6'3
w : 190

flying dutchman
05-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Namn Pos Längd Vikt Född Nat

Adnan Chuk G 194 89 1981 SVE
David Bergström G 184 85 1975 SVE
Anders Faleström G 187 76 1983 SVE
Joakim Åström G 180 82 1982 SVE
David Teske G 186 87 1980 SVE
George Gervin G 190 79 1976 USA
Wayne Bernard G 189 82 1981 USA
George Gerwin G 189 88 1976 USA

Joachim Stille F 189 100 1979 SVE
Anders Lindh F 195 96 1973 SVE
Tobias Persson F 196 95 1976 SVE
Per Lundahl F 198 97 1971 SVE
Mohamed Neffati F 198 106 1984 SVE
Nicholas Eppehimer F 200 86 1979 ITA
Janis Porzingis F 201 1982 LET

Damen Maddox C 202 105 1976 USA
Mathias Engman C 202 106 1978 SVE
Mattias Johansson C 211 110 1981 SVE

Så hvem er du ? Jeg kan ikke finde den person som scorer 21 point. Lyder ellers meget spændende

Los Angeles
05-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Anybody remember SKEE-LO?

---

I wish I was little bit taller,
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a girl who looked good
I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
and a '64 Impala

I wish I was like six-foot-nine
So I could get with Leoshi
Cause she don't know me but yo she's really fine
You know I see her all the time
Everywhere I go, and even in my dreams
I can scheme of ways to make her mine
Cause I know she's livin phat
Her boyfriend's tall and he plays ball
So how am I gonna compete with that
'Cause when it comes to playing basketball
I'm always last to be picked
And in some cases never picked at all
So I just lean upon the wall
Or sit up in the bleachers with the rest of the girls
Who came to watch their men ball
Dag y'all! I never understood
Why the jocks get the fly girls
And me I get the hood rats
I tell 'em scat, skittle, skibobble
Got hit with a bottle
And put in the hospital, for talkin' that mess
I confess it's a shame when you livin' in a city
That's the size of a box and nobody knows yo' name
Glad I came to my senses
Like quick-quick got sick-sick to my stomach
Overcome with my thoughts of me and her together
Right?
So when I asked her out she said I wasn't her type

I wish I was little bit taller,
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a girl who looked good
I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
and a '64 Impala

Since86
05-17-2005, 02:46 PM
If that's from memory LA, I pity you. Well not really, once in a while I catch myself humming Gangsta's Paradise........