PDA

View Full Version : We're going to win game 5 if...

Isaac
05-15-2005, 10:35 PM
I have such a huge amount of confidence right now about the next game. I think the Pistons are over confident, I think we are going to be hungry, I think JO, Reggie, JT and Jack are all going to come ready to play.

I see us getting out to a hot start and keeping up the pace all game long. Things that have to happen for us to win:

1.) JO needs to play like the player we all know he is. Leave it all on the floor for game 5 Jermaine. Play your heart out on every single play. I smell a 25-13 game from Jermaine.

2.) Reggie has to get hot. He needs to score at least 15 for us to win. This is the situation he lives for, he will show why in game 5.

3.) Jack needs to play well, but he can't be the #1 guy. I love SJax, but he isnt our top scorer, and when he is, we lose (with the exception of game 7 against Boston.) He needs 15-17 GOOD points. Don't shoot too many shots, only take good ones.

4.) Detroit has to play like they think they have the series wrapped up. I DEFINITLEY see this happening. A lot of people are saying since they won this one their going to win the series. Its a 3 game series now, and Det has HCA. I think they are too arrogant this year, and although they played hard tonight, I don't think they'll come with the same sense of urgency in game 5.

5.) Rick has to be creative. He has to go with different lineups, and not stick with one thing too long.

If at least 4 of these 5 things happen, we are going to win. I am confident for game 5, I think we can take it back to Conseco with a chance to wrap it up.

cramerica
05-15-2005, 10:43 PM
I don't like these kind of title's to threads. Nothing against you IP. Granted, I'm pretty confident about game 5, but not confident enough to make the guarantee statement.

I agree with all of your points BTW. Especially #3. But another point you could make is Jamaal HAS to cut down on his turn-overs. He made some passes that made me want to stick my fist through a wall.

Kegboy
05-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Really, if it weren't for the Prime Number Theory, I wouldn't have much confidence at all. And really, you can't put much faith in such things, cause sooner or later they'll bite you in the ***. Just look at the Even Number Star Trek Movie Theory. :shakehead

3ptmiller
05-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Agree on #3.... amen!

Isaac
05-15-2005, 10:47 PM
My title isnt really a guarentee. I'm not suggesting we're going to easily win. I guess the title is a little decieving, I'll change it.

Mr. Pink
05-15-2005, 10:52 PM
I don't think we should but put much confidence on this prime number thing. If we win, then it's wierd. We shouldn't just think we are gonna win because it's a prime number...

I know some of us don't.

cramerica
05-15-2005, 10:53 PM
My title isnt really a guarentee. I'm not suggesting we're going to easily win. I guess the title is a little decieving, I'll change it.

lol. Looks good now man. :)

Isaac
05-15-2005, 10:55 PM
I totally agree with you about JT. But he actually made some plays today that gave me some hope. When he penetrates, hes virtually unstoppable, even with Ben and Rasheed there.

If we do more JT penetration, and if JO gets hot, I don't think anybody can beat us.

PaceBalls
05-15-2005, 11:14 PM
Some of you think Jax was the main option today, but I think its more like he was the only one who could put the ball in the hoop consistantly except for when Jamaal just tried to take over himself.

SJ makes some bad passes, but I'd rather he have the ball with 8 secs left on the shotclock than anyone else on this brickshootin cant hit a jumper to save their lives team.

Lets rename Conseco to the Brickyard

brich
05-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Some of you think Jax was the main option today, but I think its more like he was the only one who could put the ball in the hoop consistantly except for when Jamaal just tried to take over himself.

SJ makes some bad passes, but I'd rather he have the ball with 8 secs left on the shotclock than anyone else on this brickshootin cant hit a jumper to save their lives team.

Lets rename Conseco to the Brickyard

LOL!...the Brickyard.

Graywolf_59
05-16-2005, 04:32 PM
We're going to win game 5 if...(We can play some Pacer Basketball!!!)

Harmonica
05-16-2005, 04:38 PM
We will win game 5 if we score more points then the Detroit Pistons

Are you willing to guarantee that?

Jermaniac
05-16-2005, 04:39 PM
I guarantee that we will win game 5, BOOK IT.

BigDawg44
05-16-2005, 05:13 PM
I am not as confident about game 5 as the rest of y'all seem to be. I went into Game 4 feeling this would be the deciding game in the series. Quite frankly I am scared.

Bball
05-16-2005, 05:42 PM
1.) JO needs to play like the player we all know he is. Leave it all on the floor for game 5 Jermaine. Play your heart out on every single play. I smell a 25-13 game from Jermaine.

If JO plays like the player we all know he is then this series is over. If JO plays like the player he can be if he'd ever 'get it' then we have a shot.

-Bball

Pig Nash
05-16-2005, 05:51 PM
If JO plays like the player we all know he is then this series is over. If JO plays like the player he can be if he'd ever 'get it' then we have a shot.

-Bball

I think thats a bit harsh on JO, man. If he plays like we know he can then i think we have a great shot at winning the series. He just needs to hit some shots. Don't pretend like when he's got it goin, that he's not one of the best players in the league.

Tim
05-16-2005, 06:12 PM

-Bball

If JO plays the way you like him to and the rest of the team continues flop in the face of prosperity then we still lose.

Bball
05-16-2005, 06:43 PM
If JO plays the way you like him to and the rest of the team continues flop in the face of prosperity then we still lose.

This team is supposed to be built around JO. If JO would 'play the right way' and rise to the occassion (let the game come to him, don't force the issue, keep his head in the game, play both sides of the court even if his shot isn't falling, etc) then we'd see the other players pulled to new heights as well.

As it is JO more times than not brings the other players down. That is something that he is going to have to get past.

-Bball

Bball
05-16-2005, 06:57 PM
I think thats a bit harsh on JO, man. If he plays like we know he can then i think we have a great shot at winning the series. He just needs to hit some shots. Don't pretend like when he's got it goin, that he's not one of the best players in the league.

I can agree with that statement. That is not the same as what I was referring to.

I was speaking to the phrase "If JO plays like the player we know he is". That player, in my mind, is soft- ego driven- can be mentally rattled into forcing things and making bad plays-.

He can be more than that, we've seen it before... now it is time to play the right way and show this team he is more than an offensive stat driven player prone to forcing the issue even against the odds.

-Bball