PDA

View Full Version : 3 for 19 from 3pt. land...

brichard
05-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Perhaps there is a place in the NBA for me after all!

Good night Irene that was just awful.

I had to listen to it on the radio which made it even worse.

ABADays
05-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - let's just keep pumping them up.

aceace
05-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - let's just keep pumping them up.
With 3 minutes to go we were 1-17, that was without any doubt why we lost. If we make 35% of our 3's, many of which were wide open we win the game. While I think the Officiating could have been better it was not the real problem. The best part of this is we have bounced back well. I did not think Detroits defense was better, fairly even. We just shot the ball horrible.

Mr. Pink
05-15-2005, 10:56 PM
How could anyone really blame the refs when we took stupid shots like that? Granted, most of the three's were open, but there were times when I felt we should have attacked the basket more.

A lot of the times when we drove, we got a foul on SOMEBODY! I don't know our FT%, but we hit most of them. COME ON FELLAS!

DisplacedKnick
05-15-2005, 10:57 PM
IMO the Detroit defense was better - but one reason it was better is they started sagging back and really clogging the lane - players couldn't cut, screens inside became irrelevant - you couldn't space the defense.

To change that you need to hit a few. But really, TO's killed you as badly as missing the 3's - almost anyway.

Isaac
05-15-2005, 11:00 PM
We absoloutly missed to many shots. I don't see that happening again in game 5, which is why I'm very confident.

3ptmiller
05-15-2005, 11:04 PM
Perhaps there is a place in the NBA for me after all!

Good night Irene that was just awful.

I had to listen to it on the radio which made it even worse.

Yea! And reggie is 3 of 20 from 3PT Land last 6 games! :(

indytoad
05-15-2005, 11:08 PM
I've never seen a team miss so many wide open jumpshots. It's insane.

IndyToad
What's a quarter?

3ptmiller
05-15-2005, 11:10 PM
I've never seen a team miss so many wide open jumpshots. It's insane.

IndyToad
What's a quarter?

I finally agree with u on something! :buddies:

grace
05-16-2005, 11:29 AM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=189771#post189771

:welcome: you are now entering the DL Zone for Pacers fans only.

Today's lession: Cheering as not to jinx our beloved team.

1. Do not cheer "[name of opposing team or player] sucks" until the Pacers have more than or equal to a 21 point lead in the 4th quarter.

2. Do not stand up when a Pacer is shooting a 3. It's bad luck. You don't believe me? What's our average shooting percentage from behind the arch? I don't know, but I'll use 33% as an example. That means 67% of the time the shot doesn't go in.

Only one time on a miss there wasn't a lot of people standing up. Of the 3 shots that actually went in there was once where people didn't stand up as the shot was taken.

I stand by my theory. :usa:

ChicagoJ
05-16-2005, 11:30 AM
The medium-length drive was available. We couldn't get all the way to the rim but we didn't need to in order to find better/ higher percentage shots. Our guys have to step in and shoot the 16-footer.

We took the shots Detroit wanted us to take.

By my count we were 1-23 heading into the last couple of minutes when we finally hit a couple more, so there must've been a few more long jumpers we missed with our toes on the line.

brich
05-16-2005, 12:46 PM
The medium-length drive was available. We couldn't get all the way to the rim but we didn't need to in order to find better/ higher percentage shots. Our guys have to step in and shoot the 16-footer.

We took the shots Detroit wanted us to take.

By my count we were 1-23 heading into the last couple of minutes when we finally hit a couple more, so there must've been a few more long jumpers we missed with our toes on the line.

This is a good point. There are shots inside the three point line, and outside of the post. I would actually rather see Dale, Foster, or even Pollard hoisting up some mid-rangers versus our "bomb's away" offense.

DisplacedKnick
05-16-2005, 12:59 PM

This is a good point and brings back one of my in-game questions: Does Freddie Jones have a pull-up jumper? It was there a few times.

ChicagoJ
05-16-2005, 01:04 PM
This is a good point and brings back one of my in-game questions: Does Freddie Jones have a pull-up jumper? It was there a few times.

No.

Roy, our resident FJ expert, and I had this conversation a couple of weeks ago.

Fred either shoots a three or takes it all the way to the rim.

SJax can do the stop-and-pop as well as anybody in the league, and my only complaint with his game yesterday is that he fell into the same trap of either driving all the way to the rim or jacking up long jumpers (at least he hit a couple, unlike everyone else.)

Reggie didn't go to the floater. He only took two 2pt FGAs and IIRC one was a layup and the other one was a foot-on-the-line two-pointer.

Croshere used to be able to do this, earned himself a big fat contract and then began hiding out at the three-point line all the time.

On days like this, Al's fadeaway begins to look like a high percentage shot.

There, let the firestorm begin... ;)