PDA

View Full Version : Well, what can I say..we just wanted it more tonight.

Kstat
05-15-2005, 06:17 PM
Total role reversal from games 2 and 3. The Pistons were the aggressors. All five Pistons were crashing the glass.

I also didn't see the same hustle from Indiana tonight. They were a step slow to pretty much everything. Maybe thats because foster's minutes seemed limited. We didn't shoot much better from the field, but the difference was, we kept giving ourselves 2nd and 3rd chances to score. With Indiana, it was often one shot and out.

Rasheed. Say what you will about the guy, but he's a villian that delivers. 17, 12 and 5, and played awesome defense.

I'm well aware that the Pacers won game 5 at boston, so thats why I'm not really any more confident after this game than I was after game 3. Game 5 is WAY more crucial now.

Carlos Arroyo. I've been crazy about the guy ever since we traded for him. He ran the offense smoothly, and played solid D on Tinsley. Speaking of Tinsley, he had a very bad night tonight. He threw too many risky passes, and he got flat-out beaten up by Chauncey Billups at the other end.

Lastly, I was really surprised at the three-chucking of Indiana. Thats not how they took games 2 and 3. They don't have a great 3-point shooting team, aside from reggie Miller. On most nights, I'll take my chances with forcing Fred Jones and Stephen Jackson beating me from the perimeter, rather than the paint. Same goes for JO and his 15-footer. That shot was falling earlier, but not over the last 2 games. He has to attack more.

Well, I'm glad I didn't have to supress vomiting making a postgame thread, for once. I hope things carry over to game 5.

Again, with all the throwing of arms over good calls and bad calls, can anyone here really say that the team that deserved to win each game in this series didn't wind up winning?

Ragnar
05-15-2005, 06:19 PM
It would have been nice if any of the big 3 on our end could have shot the ball well.

indygeezer
05-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Word.

I knew when I saw us settling for jumpers in Q1 we were going to play lazy the whole game...and did.

On to game 5.

TheHotShot31
05-15-2005, 06:20 PM
this is exactly what i'm talking about...who cares about what the pistons did???this is the pacers forum!!!

Jermaniac
05-15-2005, 06:21 PM
this is exactly what i'm talking about...who cares about what the pistons did???this is the pacers forum!!!For real if I wanted to know what the Pistons did good I would go to the damn Pistons forum.

indygeezer
I'll read Kstats posts any day of the week thank you.

Kstat
this is exactly what i'm talking about...who cares about what the pistons did???this is the pacers forum!!!

I consider this my home as much as anyone else here.

PacerNation
05-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Total role reversal from games 2 and 3. The Pistons were the aggressors. All five Pistons were crashing the glass...

Rasheed. Say what you will about the guy, but he's a villian that delivers. 17, 12 and 5, and played awesome defense...

Again, with all the throwing of arms over good calls and bad calls, can anyoen here really say that the team that deserved to win each game in this series didn't wind up winning?

I agree, Rasheed made up for his promises last year; he did actually deliver tonight. The team with the most intensity has one each game.

indygeezer
05-15-2005, 06:23 PM
I gotcher back there Kstat.

Kstat
05-15-2005, 06:25 PM
I gotcher back there Kstat.

Thanks, it really doesn't bother me as much as you'd think, though.

I'm not naive enough to think I'm going to be universally accepted.

TheHotShot31
05-15-2005, 06:25 PM
guys this is the playoffs damn it,

efx
05-15-2005, 06:27 PM
guys this is the playoffs damn it,

So? Good thoughts on basketball are always worth hearing, no matter who it comes from.

DisplacedKnick
05-15-2005, 06:30 PM
kstat can post anything he wants.

But I'll disagree a little with ya - I thought the Pacers wanted it enough - but they executed horribly. Part of that was Detroit - you guys upped the ante and looked like the team you were last year. I was real interested to see how you'd respond when the Pacers got it close - and you answered.

And the Pacers didn't - they really played stupid. The TO's at that point must've driven Carlisle crazy. When it got to 62-50 the game was essentially over. But I didn't think it was an effort thing - I thought you were more disciplined in your offense than Indy and rotated better on D but it was mostly an execution win, not an effort win.

Indy not hitting shots didn't help but your D had a lot to do with that (and their love with the 3-ball).

Good W - and if you keep your effort at that level I definitely give you the edge - though I still wouldn't predict a washout.

shags
05-15-2005, 06:31 PM
KStat touched on it, but the simple fact is the team that's gotten the loose balls in this series has won every game.

TheHotShot31
05-15-2005, 06:32 PM
I didnt mean to offend anyone, im just fustrated over this loss :(

Kstat
05-15-2005, 06:34 PM
listening to Carlisle, he realizes he made a mistake by letting all thsoe threes go up, too.

indygeezer
05-15-2005, 06:36 PM
I didnt mean to offend anyone, im just fustrated over this loss :(

Oh I am too, believe me. Kstat is a good poster. But I can understand frustration. I got real frustrated with all the lazy jumpers in the first Q rather than taking it to the rim.

Skaut_Ech
05-15-2005, 06:38 PM
Total role reversal from games 2 and 3. The Pistons were the aggressors. All five Pistons were crashing the glass.

I also didn't see the same hustle from Indiana tonight. They were a step slow to pretty much everything. Maybe thats because foster's minutes seemed limited. We didn't shoot much better from the field, but the difference was, we kept giving ourselves 2nd and 3rd chances to score. With Indiana, it was often one shot and out.

Rasheed. Say what you will about the guy, but he's a villian that delivers. 17, 12 and 5, and played awesome defense.

I'm well aware that the Pacers won game 5 at boston, so thats why I'm not really any more confident after this game than I was after game 3. Game 5 is WAY more crucial now.

Carlos Arroyo. I've been crazy about the guy ever since we traded for him. He ran the offense smoothly, and played solid D on Tinsley. Speaking of Tinsley, he had a very bad night tonight. He threw too many risky passes, and he got flat-out beaten up by Chauncey Billups at the other end.

Lastly, I was really surprised at the three-chucking of Indiana. Thats not how they took games 2 and 3. They don't have a great 3-point shooting team, aside from reggie Miller. On most nights, I'll take my chances with forcing Fred Jones and Stephen Jackson beating me from the perimeter, rather than the paint. Same goes for JO and his 15-footer. That shot was falling earlier, but not over the last 2 games. He has to attack more.

Well, I'm glad I didn't have to supress vomiting making a postgame thread, for once. I hope things carry over to game 5.

Again, with all the throwing of arms over good calls and bad calls, can anyone here really say that the team that deserved to win each game in this series didn't wind up winning?

Kstat, as usual, we appreciate the view from the other side, despite some sour puss griping from some.

Yeah, I think you summed it up. The Pistons wanted it more. Way more. I knew it when we kept jacking up threes and jumpers and your guards, of all people, kept taking it to the paint.

I gotta say, I truly and deeply hate Rasheed. Really. I loathe him. To have his statement come true crushed me more than anything. I think we looked like punkass beyothches by allowing you guys to let him bolster the Piston's confidence like that.

I don't see a huge advantage in game 5 for you guys, though. It seemed you guys were hitting as many shots wild shots unchracteristically as we we missing easy ones. I figure the cosmic balance of things will start to kick in next game.

BUt you guy's defintely have the edge. Mental toughness and forcing momentum is everything.

DisplacedKnick
05-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Well, look at it this way - Pacers are still undefeated in Prime Number Games! And you have 2 more of those this series.

Doug in CO
05-15-2005, 06:42 PM
The problem that I have with Kstat is this - playing Detroit reminds me every second of the game of what happened with Artest.

What he said to me - directly - still stiks with me. And I will quote, verbatim (that means word for word for you Pistons fans)

"Nothing that happens in November is going to hurt a team's chances for a championship."

Oh really?!? We were the better team with Artest - we just were. And the irony of the whole mishap is that we were probably the only team that could take Detroit - but we had to have a full team.

But I forgot - you guys were punished to - Ben missed six whole games! How did you ever recover?

ebroemel
05-15-2005, 06:45 PM
Why would Carlisle be not happy with wide open threes, one after another? - Especially from Reggie!!
Had they hit 6 or 7 more of them, we would be talking about another result.

The threes that we missed in the first quarter hurt the most as moral killers though. If I remember right, reggie missed 3 consecutive shots in a row. All wide open with enough time for the crowd to rise to their feet and then go back to their seats.

The Pistons played a very disciplined game, but the pacers missed many, many great opportunities.

Kstat
05-15-2005, 06:45 PM
question, doug. If you hate me so much, why do you insist on responding to everything I say?

This is my postgame thread for game 4. There are plenty of 11/19 threads elsewhere. If I ever want to comment on it, again, I'll go post in one of them. But don't hold your breath.

Skaut_Ech
05-15-2005, 06:48 PM
question, doug. If you hate me so much, why do you insist on responding to everything I say?

there are plenty of 11/19 threads elsewhere. If I want to comment on it, I'll go post in one of them.

Whoa!!!

WHOA!!

I'm going to call you out right now, Kstat.

Nowhere did he says he hated you. He said he had a problem with something you said. Huge diff. Don't turn this into something it's not. What he said is right up there in black and white. No possibility of misinterpretation.

Don't drop the level in here based upon some weird perception or re-interpretation of what's right in front of you.

Come on. You're better than that.

indygeezer
05-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Kstat, as usual, we appreciate the view from the other side, despite some sour puss griping from some.

Yeah, I think you summed it up. The Pistons wanted it more. Way more. I knew it when we kept jacking up threes and jumpers and your guards, of all people, kept taking it to the paint.

I gotta say, I truly and deeply hate Rasheed. Really. I loathe him. To have his statement come true crushed me more than anything. I think we looked like punkass beyothches by allowing you guys to let him bolster the Piston's confidence like that.

I don't see a huge advantage in game 5 for you guys, though. It seemed you guys were hitting as many shots wild shots unchracteristically as we we missing easy ones. I figure the cosmic balance of things will start to kick in next game.

BUt you guy's defintely have the edge. Mental toughness and forcing momentum is everything.

No truer words have ever been spoken. I even hated him as a Blazer playing against the Lakers...and it takes a lot to make me hate an opponent of the Lakers.

DisplacedKnick
05-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Whoa!!!

WHOA!!

I'm going to call you out right now, Kstat.

Nowhere did he says he hated you. He said he had a problem with something you said. Huge diff. Don't turn this into something it's not. What he said is right up there in black and white. No possibility of misinterpretation.

Don't drop the level in here based upon some weird perception or re-interpretation of what's right in front of you.

Come on. You're better than that.

Well, Doug's not - if every time kstat makes a post he decides he's gonna pull up something he said months ago then I don't see much room for interpretation.

That's infantile on his part. I'd bet there isn't a poster on this forum I couldn't pull a quote up from and throw at them six months down the road. It has no value in a post-game discussion.

If something kstat said bothered him that much Doug should have sent him a PM. Instead he behaved like a 12-year-old by throwing a comment totally unrelated to the topic into this thread.

Doug in CO
05-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Wow - glass houses there

kerosene
05-15-2005, 07:01 PM
I think everyone's just frustrated by the way the Pacers played today. The loss I can take, but the way they played, ugh. Makes it much worse. It's true the Pistons wanted it more, they played like they did, we were lazy. I hate how Rasheed was right... again. I'd imagine that a "Which Wallace Do You Hate More?" poll would be a close contest right now.

Doug in CO
05-15-2005, 07:01 PM
This is what bothers me - no more interpretation.

If I were Kstat, a victory over the Pacers as they are currently constituted would feel hollow - you want to play the best that your opponents have to offer.

So boasting about wins against our team - well that is tough to take.

Do I dislike Kstat? Of course not - no clue who he is. Do I get annoyed by having him here this year given everything that has happened. Yes.

Let's be clear here - he is a good fan with lots to offer - but this year, I am just sick of the Pistons fans acting like beating this team is an accomplishment, considering the role they had in the mess.

And I know I am not alone in this - Hicks posts make it clear that he has had about enough of it as well.

I am just so sick of this season.

Ironic that the most personal attack in thi spost came from a Kinck fan, not from Kstat or myself.

3Ball
05-15-2005, 07:02 PM
It's those damn composite numbers.

Hoop
05-15-2005, 07:04 PM

If I were Kstat, a victory over the Pacers as they are currently constituted would feel hollow - you want to play the best that your opponents have to offer.

Do I dislike Kstat? Of course not - no clue who he is. Do I get annoyed by having him here this year given everything that has happened. Yes.

Let's be clear here - he is a good fan with lots to offer - but this year, I am just sick of the Pistons fans acting like beating this team is an accomplishment, considering the role they had in the mess.

And I know I am not alone in this - Hicks posts make it clear that he has had about enough of it as well.

I am just so sick of this season.

Ironic that the most personal attack in thi spost came from a Kinck fan, not from Kstat or myself.
Good Post :cheers:

DisplacedKnick
05-15-2005, 07:13 PM

Ironic? I called you childish.

You were.

I can sabotage any thread by pulling up some quote somebody made 6 months ago and using it to blast them. It's easy, unproductive and useless.

That's the behavior of a child. If you want to call that a personal attack, have at it - I call it a statement of fact.

edit: If you disagree with this then explain how your original post was a productive discussion of today's game. I'll read it.

Doug in CO
05-15-2005, 07:19 PM
I did not pull up a quote - it was a statement in a chat from Kstat that I remember vividly

Thanks for reminding me of Indy Star - I had almost forgotten it

You calling someone childish crosses that Indy Star line, period.

Kstat
05-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Ironic? I called you childish.

You were.

I can sabotage any thread by pulling up some quote somebody made 6 months ago and using it to blast them. It's easy, unproductive and useless.

That's the behavior of a child. If you want to call that a personal attack, have at it - I call it a statement of fact.

edit: If you disagree with this then explain how your original post was a productive discussion of today's game. I'll read it.

I have to agree with Rim here.

I just didn't see the point in 11/19 comments ina agme 4 thread. I thought we were past that by now.

And I'm not going to apologize for being happy about a playoff win. That doesn't mean I hate the Pacers.

Doug in CO
05-15-2005, 07:22 PM
You may be over it - you did not lose your best player for the season.

Not to diminish the strength you have exhibited to get past the 6 game suspension.

DisplacedKnick
05-15-2005, 07:23 PM
I did not pull up a quote - it was a statement in a chat from Kstat that I remember vividly

Thanks for reminding me of Indy Star - I had almost forgotten it

You calling someone childish crosses that Indy Star line, period.

I didn't call SOMEONE childish. I called YOU childish.

I am perfectly willing to apologize if you convince me of the relevance your comments had to a discussion of today's game.

Hicks
05-15-2005, 07:27 PM
It's due time this thread got back to basketball. Right or not, surely you all have better things to talk about than accusing each other of being jerks and children. Basketball por favor.

McKeyFan
05-15-2005, 07:38 PM
I like every single one of the posters involved in this little tiff. My objective assessment is that I don't care for calling someone childish. And even if Doug IS being childish, give him some slack after a tough loss.

Likewise, Doug and the rest of us need to give Kstat some slack. He's earned the right to post here. Personally, I've gotten to to the point where I believe this team can legitimately beat Detroit without Artest--my favorite player in the NBA.

If we don't give Kstate the right to legitimately rejoice when they beat us, then we don't truly believe in our hearts that we can legitimately win this series. I think we can.

dobermanpharaoh
05-15-2005, 07:44 PM
I consider this my home as much as anyone else here.
That's right! I like getting your perspective,and you do it without flaming!So rock on! But I do hate them pistons.

grace
05-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Gee, just this morning you guys were welcoming Kstat with open arms when he said he was leaving the Pistons board to come hang out with us. Where's Paul B. with that stupid "Why Can't We Be Friends?" song when we need him.

Unclebuck
05-15-2005, 08:22 PM
This thread has lost me

grace
05-15-2005, 08:25 PM
This thread has lost me

You should have skipped to the end like I did. Ignorance can sometimes be bliss.

WEST
05-15-2005, 10:19 PM
The point of this game was that the Pistons wanted it more. The Pacers didn't shoot well. Thats nothing new for this years playoffs expect for game 7 aginst Boston. They have won several games in which they didn't shoot well. I saw a lack of energy and execution from the Pacers all the way across the bench. The Pistons earned this win and the Pacers need to go back to Detroit with the same energy that they played with in games 2 and 3.

Some of you guys think that the Pistons shouldn't feel good about beating Indy since were not full strength. I think any win in the second round of the playoffs on the opponents home court is a great one. kstat is a good poster here and I enjoy reading all of his posts. His team came here and won on our home court, and he has every right to be happy about it.

BabbleOn
05-16-2005, 12:12 AM

This is a load of crap.

First, Kstat didn't boast about anything.

More importantly, beating the Pacers doesn't feel hollow. Even without Artest, your team is still quite good, obviously. Indy is still Detroit's #1 rival. It's very gratifying to beat one of the most resilient teams in the league. It's Very gratifying to push Reggie one game closer to retirement, especially after he declares the game to be the "most important in franchise history." And it's always gratifying to see Carlisle wiggle during his presser after a loss.

The Pacers are still hated by Piston fans, big and small, young and old - even without #91.

So don't try to steal our joy. We will always enjoy a Pacer loss.

McKeyFan
05-16-2005, 01:19 PM
I can live with most of your post. But I don't like the comment about enjoying pushing Reggie closer to retirement.

Not much class there, IMO.

heywoode
05-16-2005, 01:44 PM
The Pacers are still hated by Piston fans, big and small, young and old - even without #91.

So don't try to steal our joy. We will always enjoy a Pacer loss.

The feeling is mutual, I assure you.

Detroit outplayed us for game 4. No question about it.

I'm waiting to see who wants it more in two out of the next three.