PDA

View Full Version : Jackson is a champion.

Hicks
05-15-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm not talking a matter of technicality. I'm talking about the essence of his game. He brought it today, and played like a real champion does. I was beyond proud of his effort today, and I'm very happy we have him. I hope someday his ability to rise to the occasion rubs off on the others on this team. Great effort today from Stephen Jackson. :brilliant

Jermaniac
05-15-2005, 06:09 PM
Only guy that made me happy today, you could tell that he has been part of a championship team and that he loves to play when the pressure is on.

FiestyFosterFanatic
05-15-2005, 06:09 PM
Wish we could say the same for Jermaine.

DisplacedKnick
05-15-2005, 06:19 PM

That's bogus.

Jermaine brought it, Reggie Brought it - they all brought it. They played stupid sometimes but they didn't lose because of their effort - their execution just blew dead rats.

Tim
05-15-2005, 06:20 PM

Oh my gawd lets not turn JO into a whipping boy!!!

Every Pacers and the coaching staff lost this game, that includes Jack and Reggie. Heck I am even throw us fans in there too.

WE CAN'T HANDLE PROSPERITY! IF WE HAVE THE ADVANTAGE WE WILL FIND A WAY TO GET RID OF IT!

indygeezer
05-15-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm given props to Jax2 today. He played a damn good game, and your right...He looked like he understood what this game meant to the team.

Hoop
05-15-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm not talking a matter of technicality. I'm talking about the essence of his game. He brought it today, and played like a real champion does. I was beyond proud of his effort today, and I'm very happy we have him. I hope someday his ability to rise to the occasion rubs off on the others on this team. Great effort today from Stephen Jackson. :brilliant

I'll 2nd that! :cheers:

shags
05-15-2005, 06:33 PM
Problem is the Pacers aren't as good when Jackson is their main guy. They're much better when he's a second or third option behind O'Neal and Reggie.

Doug in CO
05-15-2005, 06:36 PM
He will be much more valuable when Ronnie is back - his play today was the only positive

FiestyFosterFanatic
Jermaine kept settling for his fade away...again, instead of taking it to the basket. Plus, he missed so many rebound opportunities.

able
Problem is the Pacers aren't as good when Jackson is their main guy. They're much better when he's a second or third option behind O'Neal and Reggie.
hear hear

Props to Jx for a good game, JO bad game on O but good D game anyway (13 board, 3 ast, 3 blocks) if anything then coaching failed today.

Rick said as much, so he will adept.

we've been here before, relax, 3 more games coming.

Skaut_Ech
05-15-2005, 06:44 PM
Jermaine kept settling for his fade away...again, instead of taking it to the basket. Plus, he missed so many rebound opportunities.

I don't mean to pick on Jermaine, but one thing he did that had me confused:

He didn't know how to "take" his man. Anyone else notice? JO would get the ball in the post. turn to face his man....then just freeze. Not many spin moves. Not many take-yer-man-of-the dribbles. He repetoire seemed really limited. I thought he played really odd today.

Unclebuck
05-15-2005, 08:14 PM
That's bogus.

Jermaine brought it, Reggie Brought it - they all brought it. They played stupid sometimes but they didn't lose because of their effort - their execution just blew dead rats.

Thank you.

Pet peeve of mine is when fans question the effort of a player just because they played bad. You can play extremely hard and still have a bad game

ABADays
05-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Jackson IS a champion. Can't even begin to relate what a steal we got giving up Harrington for him.

McKeyFan
05-15-2005, 08:20 PM
I don't mean to pick on Jermaine, but one thing he did that had me confused:

He didn't know how to "take" his man. Anyone else notice? JO would get the ball in the post. turn to face his man....then just freeze. Not many spin moves. Not many take-yer-man-of-the dribbles. He repetoire seemed really limited. I thought he played really odd today.

Completely agree. In fact, JO played that way rather often two years ago. Then, thank God, something clicked, and he found his rythm and stride. But, once in a while, he gets that Benderesque deer in the headlights thing going. It probably has something to do with playing against two of the league's best defenders.

But, he needs to "get it" and start clicking for us to win. He also needs to stop chilling out with Rasheed, which is why I started a thread on that issue.

Shade
05-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Thank you.

Pet peeve of mine is when fans question the effort of a player just because they played bad. You can play extremely hard and still have a bad game

I think that's why I'm not more upset. The effort was definitely there. Our shooting was just bad. JO needs to take it inside more, or pass more if he's unable/unwilling to do so.

Kegboy
05-15-2005, 10:01 PM
Back to the topic at hand, Jack brought it today. As I said to grace after the game, he was the only Pacer to play well at both ends. Hell, the hater next to me didn't know what to do, besides complain that he should have been called for travelling on one of his dunks. :rollout:

[edit] Speaking of which, where can I get a bottle of haterade? I want to give him one if he's there for game 6. :innocent:

grace
05-15-2005, 10:08 PM
[edit] Speaking of which, where can I get a bottle of haterade? I want to give him one if he's there for game 6. :innocent:

Give it to him nicely with a smile or smash him over the head with it?

brichard
05-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Back to the topic at hand, Jack brought it today. As I said to grace after the game, he was the only Pacer to play well at both ends. Hell, the hater next to me didn't know what to do, besides complain that he should have been called for travelling on one of his dunks. :rollout:

The only struggle I have with Jackson is the same reason I love him. He seems to rarely score within the framework of the offense. Sometimes he does (ie the Give and Go with JO,) but often he doesn't.

What I love about it, is that he can create his own shot. This is a rare gift for an Indiana Pacer. However, it seems like when he has a good game, everybody else is off. This may just be chance or it may be b/c he is the only guy who can score when we get clamped down.

But let us not get amnesia here either. Jax has played superb defense throughout the series, and that alone is something we should applaud him for. But, at times his offense has been terrible.

I'm glad he is on our team. You can never have enough money guys.

Kegboy
05-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Brichard reminds me of something I'm surprised no one has touched on, but then Peck hasn't posted yet.

We played way too much iso out there. Hell, Rick was even calling iso's, which shocked me. Part of that was Detroit's D, clamping down on Jamaal's penetration (hence all the TO's). But it pissed me off when we'd come out of timeouts and run an iso.

indytoad
05-15-2005, 11:06 PM
Of course, for every good offensive game Jackson has, he has two or three 2-11 games. He takes way too many ill-advised long range jumpers. Seems like a year since he's hit a threefer.

I don't dislike his defensive effort though.

JO can't seem to handle any kind of pressure though, especially against Wallace. Rasheed really gets into his head.

IndyToad
A prize-winning dog

sweabs
05-16-2005, 01:00 AM
Outstanding game today by Jackson. His dunk was downright nasty in the first half, and that is what I like most about him: he is another guy (to go along with Ronnie) that can just overpower his man and take him down low. Jackson's ability to create his own shot is amazing.

I also loved one of his And 1 plays, and he turned to the crowd and got them all fired up. I love guys that can fire up the crowd and bring that kind of emotion/intensity.

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-16-2005, 01:03 AM
Agreed. I love Jax and his passion, his fire. He rocks and I'm very happy he's a Pacer.

Isaac
05-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Jackson IS a champion. Can't even begin to relate what a steal we got giving up Harrington for him.

Yeah, I was mad when we made this trade, but I love it now.

Digitalairair
05-16-2005, 12:48 PM
stephen jackson is crazy

Hicks
05-16-2005, 01:00 PM
Thank you for taking (and wasting our) time to post that. :rollout:

marcd
05-16-2005, 01:01 PM
In response to Digitalairair's astounding post:

Thanks for bringing some intelligent insight to this thread, your knowledge is astounding and all encompassing. Keep up the great work! (Insert your favorite Smilies)

MarcD

Isaac
05-16-2005, 01:02 PM
stephen jackson is crazy

MMPOY award.

(Most Meaningful Post Of the Year)

Diesel
05-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Of course, for every good offensive game Jackson has, he has two or three 2-11 games. He takes way too many ill-advised long range jumpers.

IndyToad
A prize-winning dog

Thats a agreat point about Jackson and one of the reasons why Im not so high on him. Hes just way to inconsistant, you never know what your going to get with him on the offensive end. Hopefully next year we won't have tor rely on him to be our second go to guy.

beast23
05-16-2005, 01:23 PM
TIME OUT...

Like others, I will readily admit that our offensive plan was a bit flawed... too many threes, too many fade-away jumpers... not enough penetrating the lane, slashing and fighting for close-in shots.

But I really don't know where to draw the line between Rick's game plan and the effort shown by our players.

Many of you state that the effort was there. But what do you call it when your team "SETTLES FOR" the lower percentage easy shot, instead of fighting for position and better percentage shots?

I can't say that it is totally the game plan. I must also attack the offensive effort, persistence and will displayed by our players.

It was more than just a need to hit the open shots that were available to us. It also had to do with fighting to get better shots. In that regard, the players failed miserably.

ChicagoJ
05-16-2005, 02:26 PM
TIME OUT...

Like others, I will readily admit that our offensive plan was a bit flawed... too many threes, too many fade-away jumpers... not enough penetrating the lane, slashing and fighting for close-in shots.

But I really don't know where to draw the line between Rick's game plan and the effort shown by our players.

Many of you state that the effort was there. But what do you call it when your team "SETTLES FOR" the lower percentage easy shot, instead of fighting for position and better percentage shots?

I can't say that it is totally the game plan. I must also attack the offensive effort, persistence and will displayed by our players.

It was more than just a need to hit the open shots that were available to us. It also had to do with fighting to get better shots. In that regard, the players failed miserably.

Good points. And this is why I'm not giving the Pistons any credit for the win. Sure they played hard, smart, and efficient. But we didn't, and it isn't really because the Pistons caused us to settle for jumpers or commit unforced turnovers. We just didn't take it to them. If we take it to them, we're up 3-1. Whether that was gameplan, execution, or a combination of both doesn't really matter to me (well, yes it does but I'm trying to reduce my heartburn). Regardless, it was 100% our doing for losing this game. Not the refs. Not the Pistons.

Well, maybe its was Prime Number effect. :borg:

Kegboy
05-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Well, maybe its was Prime Number effect. :borg:

Damn numbers that have integral factors besides themselves and one. Damn them, damn them straight to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthem
05-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Of course, for every good offensive game Jackson has, he has two or three 2-11 games.

Hey, the playoffs are on. You should try watching them. 2-11 is 18%, and Jax has yet to shoot below 20%. In fact, he's only had one game where he shot less than 30%.

Game 1: 9-14, 64%
Game 2: 6-13, 46%
Game 3: 4-13, 31%
Game 4: 6-18, 33%
Game 5: 4-6, 67%
Game 6: 5-15, 33%
Game 7: 8-13, 62%

Game 1: 6-19, 32%
Game 2: 5-12, 42%
Game 3: 4-17, 24%
Game 4: 6-13, 46%

NotLosingButWinning
05-16-2005, 05:12 PM
TIME OUT...

i think they were trying to get all the momentum back on one play rather than chipping away at the lead like they did in game 2.

SoupIsGood
05-16-2005, 05:19 PM
stephen jackson is crazy

straight up

Bring Back Al
05-17-2005, 09:28 PM
Jax has played awsome in the playoffs :D and he is a champion

Isaac
05-17-2005, 11:04 PM
I hope Jax becomes our number 3 guy for many many years.

Finish the rest of your career Jax, your the only one who deserved to be on the court tonight.

pacerwaala
05-17-2005, 11:16 PM
I hope Jax becomes our number 3 guy for many many years.

Finish the rest of your career Jax, your the only one who deserved to be on the court tonight.

He did deserve to be on the court but what was the love fest after the game. SJax went and was shaking hands with 3 or 4 of the Pistons. Actually, from where I saw, the Pistons themselves wer amused.

He does this all the time and it just discusts me. It is not even the end of the series unless he thought it was over after the 5th game.

Diesel
05-17-2005, 11:37 PM
He did deserve to be on the court but what was the love fest after the game. SJax went and was shaking hands with 3 or 4 of the Pistons. Actually, from where I saw, the Pistons themselves wer amused.

He does this all the time and it just discusts me. It is not even the end of the series unless he thought it was over after the 5th game.

That doesn't bother me , what bothers me is we got Jackson because in theory he was a guy who would balance our offense and make outside jumpshots especially against a team like Detroit and I have yet to see that out of him in this series or in the playoffs in general. I'll tell you I do not want this man as a starting two guard. Hes fine off the bench as a 6th man, as he'll give you energy and can defend but he is just not consistant enough on the offensive end to be counted on.

Since86
05-18-2005, 01:51 PM

I'd give credit to a team that just, pardon my french, kicked the living **** out of my team.

You should be disgusted at the way the team played, not that he actually gave the pistons credit for their play.