PDA

View Full Version : Prediction: Jermaine's Emotions are Going to get to him This Game

brich
05-15-2005, 03:52 PM
I hope I am wrong, but unless Jermaine can find his shot, I look for him to pick up a technical or for him to revert to sulking and not playing well on defense. He seems to be getting frustrated, and he is really lucky that he didn't get called for the foul that got called on Ben Wallace when they got tangled up.

Please keep your head Jermaine. Please prove me wrong. :)

Hoop
05-15-2005, 07:16 PM
I hope I am wrong, but unless Jermaine can find his shot, I look for him to pick up a technical or for him to revert to sulking and not playing well on defense. He seems to be getting frustrated, and he is really lucky that he didn't get called for the foul that got called on Ben Wallace when they got tangled up.

Please keep your head Jermaine. Please prove me wrong. :)
He did prove you wrong, unfortunately. I don't know what to think of JO's performance today, very confusing. He looked drained and played with hardly any emotion. I expect JO to come back with a big game 5 in Detroit.

DisplacedKnick
05-15-2005, 07:20 PM
Channel 6 (Indy station) showed most, if not all, of JO's post-game comments. He did very well - said he played horribly, said the shoulder was fine, said they'd adjust and he'd have to do better.

He pretty much stuck with a main theme of "You can't get too high when things are good or too low when things are bad." That and, "We aren't done yet."

brich
05-15-2005, 07:31 PM
He did prove you wrong, unfortunately. I don't know what to think of JO's performance today, very confusing. He looked drained and played with hardly any emotion. I expect JO to come back with a big game 5 in Detroit.

Well, I will eat my serving of crow, because he didn't do as I predicted he would. He started to get this look of his in this game that had me worried. He literally gets this pouty look that I see on the face of young kids throwing a tantrum, and usually he loses control of his emotions. If he had been called for that foul on Wallace, it may have sent him down this familiar path, but I will give him credit, because he didn't.

Jermaine just had another bad game. The supporting cast bailed us out in the last game, but they will rarely be able to do that versus this Piston team. He has shown that he can be effective on offense, in spite of his injury, and it doesn't seem to be bothering him as much.

I really don't know what to say. I think he is really trying, he just hasn't been able to get it done. Hopefully he can bring it in game five.

canyoufeelit
05-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Well his emotions didn't cost the game but his poor one-on-one defense on Rasheed and his downright crappy shot selection sure did

Roy Munson
05-15-2005, 07:54 PM
Unfortunately, Jermaine did nothing to prove Bill Walton wrong today.