PDA

View Full Version : Well, I guess I'm moving in for the duration....

Kstat
05-14-2005, 05:20 PM
I don't have a Pistons board to call home anymore (I made a decision to leave), so you'll just have to put up with me posting in the game threads. Sorry.

Besides, if we pick up some wins, it might be a good thing, karma-wise. ;)

At least now when the trolls ask me why I'm here, I can tell them where to shove it....

RWB
05-14-2005, 05:35 PM
Welcome home our red-headed step child. ;)

You know the Mods do an excellent job here. There's only so much stupidity you can take even from people who support the same team (see RATS).

dobermanpharaoh
05-14-2005, 05:48 PM
It's cool with me...I enjoy reading your threads. Adds a different flavor to the mix.

Bball
05-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Welcome home our red-headed step child. ;)

You know the Mods do an excellent job here. There's only so much stupidity you can take even from people who support the same team (see RATS).

Not all of the STAR is bad but the really bad ones are REALLY bad :(

-BBall

sweabs
05-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Aw, come on Kstat. You know you love the Pistons.com message board...

:rolleyes:

Isaac
05-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Oh god, I was just reading some of the Pistons message boards. YOU GUYS ARE NASTY!! some of the people on those message boards are flatout ********! Like calling Jeff Foster a pale redneck retard. Go get them Pacers, I wanna see those ******* Pistons fans cry!

Sorry, back on topic...

Suaveness
05-14-2005, 06:13 PM
I don't have a Pistons board to call home anymore (I made a decision to leave), so you'll just have to put up with me posting in the game threads. Sorry.

Besides, if we pick up some wins, it might be a good thing, karma-wise. ;)

At least now when the trolls ask me why I'm here, I can tell them where to shove it....

Where did you post before?

Kstat
05-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Where did you post before?

Thats not important. Besides, if you really wanted to, you'd be able to find out.

I'm just going to take everything into account during the offseason, and decide where I'm going to start anew.

I wish I had any technical knowledge, I'd start a new board myself.

SoupIsGood
05-14-2005, 06:25 PM
Thats not important. Besides, if you really wanted to, you'd be able to find out.

I'm just going to take everything into account during the offseason, and decide where I'm going to start anew.

I've seen the board where you had been posting, but I never really got a feel for it. The structure confused me, and I couldn't really get a grip on the board's overall personality.

So, I'm wondering... why did you leave?

Kstat
05-14-2005, 06:26 PM
I've seen the board where you had been posting, but I never really got a feel for it. The structure confused me, and I couldn't really get a grip on the board's overall personality.

So, I'm wondering... why did you leave?

Same reason I left Indystar. No management. The Sassans and JOneal7's of the board were taking over, and there wasn't any management whatsoever.

Jose Slaughter
05-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Nice to have you here fulltime.

Old as Dirt
05-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Welcome Kstat have enjoyed reading your post, so welcome,

Mourning
05-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Well ... welcome, Kstat! One thing, Pacers REALLY BETTER win this series now!!! :uhoh: ;)

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Kstat
05-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Well, throughout the year, we had a 39-13 record when I started the game threads, and 19-18 when I didn't. I started the thread for game 1, and I haven't started one since.

I guess its a silly superstition, but considering the difference, you'd think we would just stick with what was working....oh well. I'm a very superstitious person.

Since that forum has pretty much turned into a Lord of the Flies remake anyway, I thought I'd see if I couldn't apply the good karma here for the rest of the postseason. Not that I want to start any game threads mind you, but maybe it'd be better luck if I found something else. I had some pretty damn good mojo working this year. I just have to figure out how to apply it here. Hmm....

Hmm, maybe a reverse-jinx thread would do some good.....

Pig Nash
05-14-2005, 09:02 PM
Don't you try no hocus pocus **** on us now. ;)

ABADays
05-14-2005, 09:22 PM
I've been to your board Kstat but never posted. But I actually like having you over here.

Kegboy
05-14-2005, 10:22 PM

TPTB could always add another board. Is www.pistonsdigest.com available? I'm sure somebody's still got the graphics from April Fools.

:innocent:

WEST
05-14-2005, 10:35 PM
I enjoy reading all of you posts. You are a very loyal Pistons fan, but you are not a classless ******* like other fans of other teams I see in other message boards. I think it's great to read a good b-ball fans perspective of our rival. I glad your here because it's been a good series and I think it's only going to get better.

RWB
05-15-2005, 06:07 AM
Not all of the STAR is bad but the really bad ones are REALLY bad :(

-BBall

Agreed BBall, and I didn't mean to imply all folks were bad at RATS. As a matter of fact there are still members there who I really respect and wish they would have made the transition over here (ROJO you deserve better). The where are they now thread is a good example of some very good missing in action posters.

cramerica
05-15-2005, 07:36 AM
Seems they stopped posting at PistonsPalace (the first link for the Pistons on the fundamentals page) and the Pistons Rival board says it's no longer there. I did find this board for Detroit and the format is alot better than half of their boards. Admins might want to add this onto the list.

http://www.wtfdetroit.com/phpbb2/index.php

indygeezer
05-15-2005, 07:55 AM
Kstat, sometime you really REALLY pi$$ me off, but I enjoy reading your posts. WElcome to yer new home (dja bring any drinks???)

Now that yer here, we can start working on you. Seems we've turned DisplacedKnick (Rimfire) can YOU be far behind????

:devil: :devil: :devil:

lurks-a-lot
05-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Sorry to hear you leave the Piston's forum Kstat. It's wierd that place use to be a really neat place to visit everyone seemed to really get along but over the last couple years has really changed in terms of nature/ lack of quality posters. I guess all good things come to end. Nice of you classy pacer fans to welcome Kstat with open arms. Salute.

Kstat
05-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Sorry to hear you leave the Piston's forum Kstat. It's wierd that place use to be a really neat place to visit everyone seemed to really get along but over the last couple years has really changed in terms of nature/ lack of quality posters. I guess all good things come to end. Nice of you classy pacer fans to welcome Kstat with open arms. Salute.

Agreed. I didn't want to put up with it anymore. The class of the forum went down the drain this year. Basketball discussion turned to flame wars.

ChicagoJ
05-16-2005, 07:15 PM
TPTB could always add another board. Is www.pistonsdigest.com (http://www.pistonsdigest.com/) available? I'm sure somebody's still got the graphics from April Fools.

:innocent:

I categorically deny everything.

lurks-a-lot
05-16-2005, 07:18 PM
Yeah, it really did. Every thread seemed to eventually come to an off topic debate about two peoples opinion and eventually the whole thread would slowly becoming just a pissing contest.

It's kind of sad, I remember when I first found the forum when it was still on the free press website and the people and threads were really great to read, very similar to this forum. Lately I haven't even reading post over there and instead just decieded to lurk over here now. If you ever find a good alternative Pistons message board please let me know and if you need help starting one I will be more then willing to help, I might be able to assist with the computer/techincal issues...

Kstat
05-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Yeah, it really did. Every thread seemed to eventually come to an off topic debate about two peoples opinion and eventually the whole thread would slowly becoming just a pissing contest.

It's kind of sad, I remember when I first found the forum when it was still on the free press website and the people and threads were really great to read, very similar to this forum. Lately I haven't even reading post over there and instead just decieded to lurk over here now. If you ever find a good alternative Pistons message board please let me know and if you need help starting one I will be more then willing to help, I might be able to assist with the computer/techincal issues...

right now I'm trying out www.wtfdetroit.com

I'm only scoping the place right now, but if things go smoothly I might move in over the summer.

Sollozzo
05-16-2005, 07:55 PM
I've certainly always enjoyed your insight.

Obviously there are going to be arguments here and there given the tension between the Pacers and the Pistons, but I know we respect you, and you respect us.

unstandable
05-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Hey K stat, this is Jimmy P from the Pistons forum. Sorry to hear that you left, I enjoyed your posts. I was away from the board for the weekend, so I missed all of the controversy, and I don't really have much desire to go back and read through all the fighting. As far as the board getting worse from a lack of moderation, I agree that's somewhat of a problem, but I think these things ebb and flow (and people definitely get more heated when their team loses a few playoff games in a row). I'm hoping that the Pistons board should be back in its old state soon. I hope even if you stop posting for now, that you'll check back every once in a while to see if things have improved to the point that you want to come back and post again.

Fool
05-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Just a note on wtfdetroit, it was started (and is run) by posters who formerly congregated on the RealGM Piston forums.

canyoufeelit
05-16-2005, 09:34 PM
So, in other words, it's horrible... right?

Kstat
05-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Hey K stat, this is Jimmy P from the Pistons forum. Sorry to hear that you left, I enjoyed your posts. I was away from the board for the weekend, so I missed all of the controversy, and I don't really have much desire to go back and read through all the fighting. As far as the board getting worse from a lack of moderation, I agree that's somewhat of a problem, but I think these things ebb and flow (and people definitely get more heated when their team loses a few playoff games in a row). I'm hoping that the Pistons board should be back in its old state soon. I hope even if you stop posting for now, that you'll check back every once in a while to see if things have improved to the point that you want to come back and post again.

Yeah, I do check back occasionally, but I'm not going to post there again. I just want to talk absketball. Some other people there don't talk basketball at all. They just enjoy getting into fights. And aside from that, there were some VERY offensive threads on there. After a while, i noticed I was beginning fire with fire, and I was too busy defending myself to talk basketball. It was a waste of my time.

Their answer is, "don't get offended over a message board, and we should be able to say whatever we want." Well, if thats the way they want it, so be it. I'll just find another troll-free place, where I can simply talk Pistons. If I have to, i'll create my own board, and just ban anyone that just wants to be annoying. No flaming, no spamming, no offensive slurs, no people making up 15 different usernames simply to troll.

I do notice my leaving has finally caused people to seriously talk about policing the board. Maybe that will prevent them from losing more people than they already have.