PDA

View Full Version : I expect a horrible officiated game Sunday.

Hicks
05-14-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm getting that out of the way now. I expect a lot of touch fouls early, and more sprinkled throughout the game at times of inopportunity. I think the refs know to expect a physical bloodbath, and they're going to try to control the game to keep that from happening. Any time the refs try to control a game, for any reason, it usually results in a lot of horrible calls, so I'm trying to prepare myself for that now so I don't split a sofa in half or something tomorrow.

We're going to need to hit shots, and avoid reaching in on D if we want a chance to win.

canyoufeelit
05-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Definitely. A thing I noticed about last night's game was the Pacers' complete inability to hit a FG in the 4th quarter, so getting them into the penalty early in each quarter is an absolute must

Shade
05-14-2005, 01:52 PM
I ALWAYS expect a horribly officiated game. I mean, this IS the NBA, is it not?

Look for "fan favs" like Dick Bavetta tomorrow... :puke:

DisplacedKnick
05-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Last night was a horribly officiated game so what you're saying is, this should be normal.

Kegboy
05-14-2005, 03:11 PM
I'll be shocked if Bavetta isn't there Sunday. There will be so many fouls the game will probably take 4 hours.

MSA2CF
05-14-2005, 03:12 PM
I ALWAYS expect a horribly officiated game. I mean, this IS the NBA, is it not?

Yeah, there's always 2-3 sickening calls per game that hurt us...Just another thing for us to overcome...

ABADays
05-14-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm getting that out of the way now. I expect a lot of touch fouls early, and more sprinkled throughout the game at times of inopportunity. I think the refs know to expect a physical bloodbath, and they're going to try to control the game to keep that from happening. Any time the refs try to control a game, for any reason, it usually results in a lot of horrible calls, so I'm trying to prepare myself for that now so I don't split a sofa in half or something tomorrow.

We're going to need to hit shots, and avoid reaching in on D if we want a chance to win.

Bloodbath! Bloodbath! Hmm - I'm sure I saw that somewhere else.

SoupIsGood
05-14-2005, 03:33 PM
I expect a win Sunday.

canyoufeelit
05-14-2005, 03:38 PM
Oh and I doubt Bavetta does game 4. If anything it'll be Steve Javie or Joey Crawford, two others who definitely don't "just let em play"

pacerwaala
05-14-2005, 04:05 PM
I expect a win Sunday.

I am wishing for a win Sunday

Unclebuck
05-14-2005, 04:24 PM
The refs are the least of my concern

Kstat
05-14-2005, 04:47 PM
I expect the team that plays the best to win, which is what I always expect. No more, no less. WHo the refs are doesnt matter to me.`

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-14-2005, 05:21 PM
I expect alot of bad calls on Sunday. But what else is new?

You could cut off Jax's hand and he wouldn't get a whistle. And DD? He's always sidelined in the first few minutes of play.

I'm sure bad calls go both ways, but sometimes it's pretty blatant.

..oh, and I am sure hoping we win this game and go back to Detroit 3-1.
Winning IS the best revenge!

Jose Slaughter
05-14-2005, 06:48 PM
The more fouls the better. We have a much deeper bench.

I agree, the refs will make themselves known early. Which ever team handles it better will have the advantage.

Kegboy
05-14-2005, 10:16 PM
The more fouls the better. We have a much deeper bench.

I agree, the refs will make themselves known early. Which ever team handles it better will have the advantage.

I'm fine with that, as long as it's called both ways. If we get Bavetta, who even UB would admit is a road team's best friend, I don't know.

Hicks
05-14-2005, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I put 0 stock in having an advantage if there are a lot of whistles because of depth. The refs know the Piston starters play over 40 minutes a game, they'll let them get away with more to not foul them out.

Eindar
05-15-2005, 12:24 AM
I expect the team that plays the best to win, which is what I always expect. No more, no less. WHo the refs are doesnt matter to me.`

This is because you're not a Pacers fan

Kstat
05-15-2005, 12:27 AM
This is because you're not a Pacers fan

No, its because I'm not paraonid.

Hicks
05-15-2005, 12:32 AM
A healthy mixture of both is the actual answer.

pacerwaala
05-15-2005, 10:42 AM

While I agree with you on both points, the only exception is if Dick Bavetta is in there. Think of it, you might have the same thing with Benett Salvatorre.

FiestyFosterFanatic
05-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Just though I would bump this thread. The 3 point hose job. This game has been horribly officiated all day. I guess the key to winning a game, is to go out and complain, then they call it your way.

blanket
05-15-2005, 05:33 PM
:whistle:

Shade
05-15-2005, 07:40 PM
:whistle:

Is anyone REALLY surprised? :censored:

MagicRat
05-15-2005, 09:41 PM
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. You must've forgotten that the flying clothesline is legal these days.......:rolleyes:

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/pistons41.jpg

pacerwaala
05-15-2005, 09:49 PM
I do not know what you guys are talking about when you ar eblaming the refs for our game 4 loss. This game was not badly officiated. Obviously , there will always be some calls but we stunk up the whole field house. Pistons were the better team. We played carelessly.

We f...ing came within 6 and then could not make a freaking post feed without getting the ball turned over. This team's "concentrations level" is very low at curcial junctures. Tinsley plays very well and he is the reason we are in this situation but he does play carelessly at crucial junctures. On that post feed to JO, when the lead was 6, he just casually threw it in there. damn, turnover and Detroit made basket. They started their run.

Nobody brought it today except SJax. So stop blaming the refs, because they did not do a bad job at all.

Kegboy
05-15-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm not blaming the refs for the loss. We played like crap. But to say the game was not badly officiated is a joke. All NBA games are badly officiated, some moreso than others. Today was one of those.

pacerwaala
05-15-2005, 11:40 PM
I'm not blaming the refs for the loss. We played like crap. But to say the game was not badly officiated is a joke. All NBA games are badly officiated, some moreso than others. Today was one of those.

what are you referring to in particular? just curious!

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-16-2005, 01:09 AM
Todays game was full of BS calls. The refs practically handed the game away.

SjA3837
05-16-2005, 07:45 AM
Every time we were making a run theere would be a mysterious no call on our end, and flop by the Pistons on the other.

I took several pictures during the game, and almost everytime we took it in we got hacked... I would upload the pictures, but I don't know what site to do it on.