PDA

View Full Version : Larry Brown... Blaming the refs

Drewtone
05-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Right now... crying about Reggie's shot and Rips last foul.... challenging a reporter to look at Reggie's shot and get back to him.

Ryan
05-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Saying it was a foul on Reggie on the last shot. Nice job blaming the refs. Make excuses for your team. We'll take it.

Drewtone
05-13-2005, 10:02 PM
My GOD, he's going on and on about it!!!!

NorCal_Pacerfan
Rip really fouled Reggie and Lindsey flopped.

Next question!

Anthem
They were obviously going to let them play. If not, they'd have called Hunter for the foul earlier.

Anthem
05-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Is there an echo in here? Admins wanna merge the threads?

3ptmiller
05-13-2005, 10:04 PM
Saying it was a foul on Reggie on the last shot. Nice job blaming the refs. Make excuses for your team. We'll take it.

Yea im sure if it was a foul on Reggie there they would seal the win... pffft! go home Brownie!

Ryan
05-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Thats right RICK!

Drewtone
05-13-2005, 10:06 PM
WOW!!! Rick's reply about Larry... "I don't want to hear it!!!"

shags
05-13-2005, 10:06 PM
I didn't think that was a foul on Reggie. Hunter flopped somewhat I thought.

However, the point is there's nothing Reggie could have done in that situation where a foul would have been called on him. He could have elbowed Hunter in the gut and no call would have been made.

But you accept that. That definitely wasn't a foul on Hunter.

shags
05-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Thats right RICK!

Carlisle's right for calling Brown out. You don't blame the refs there. Pistons lost that game in the first 3 quarters.

arkman40
05-13-2005, 10:07 PM
That amount of contact (there was some but Hunter flopped) will never be called a foul that late in a playoff game.

zag
05-13-2005, 10:09 PM
There's no way they're going to call that foul. You could almost see a gap between Reggie's elbow and Hunter on that play. An obvious flop.

Sontayjuan
05-13-2005, 10:10 PM
watd carlisle say?

TheHotShot31
05-13-2005, 10:10 PM
Its funny how he is blaming the refs, when the refs are the reason why the Pistons got back in the game.

Anthem
05-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Carlisle's right for calling Brown out. You don't blame the refs there. Pistons lost that game in the first 3 quarters.

No NBATV... I hope somebody's getting these comments.

TheHotShot31
05-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Wont they show it on ESPNEWs?

brichard
The thing is... I was losing my MIND on the officiating in the last 5 minutes. I don't remember the entire sequence, but...

Detroit drives and the foul is called on Reg.
AJ drives and no foul called. (it may have been clean, I didn't get a look)
JO is fouled out of the game.

The officiating is just bad b/c it is so inconsistent. If you are going to let 'em play... let 'em play. Some of the stuff they call on each team in the post makes me scratch my head. It is just like they randomly think it is time to blow the whistle on whatever guy they choose.

Larry should know by now that the refs swallow the whistle in the last seconds of the game. I'm okay with that as long as it is consistent. If it is okay for MJ to push off Stockton for a final shot... it is okay that Reg. pushes off Jordan for the last shot. Just keep calling it consistently, that is all I ask for.

Jermaniac
RICKS COMMENTS WILL BE ON AFTER THE COMMERCIAL ON ESPN NEWS

zag
05-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Carlisle is on next on ESPNews.

shags
I've honestly never seen Carlisle this fired up. He's really pissed, especially when they bring up the officiating, which they've done a couple times. He's been fiery this entire press conference.

ImCrazyB
Maybe Brown doesn't know handchecking is no longer allowed..Hunter was all over Reggie. Reggie just stepped away from him to his left and because Hunter was practically on his leg, so Hunter flopped on the ground to try and draw a foul. Even if a call was made, It would be made on Hunter.

beast23
05-13-2005, 10:16 PM
That amount of contact (there was some but Hunter flopped) will never be called a foul that late in a playoff game.Agreed.

And, it would be hard to call Reggie if indeed it was a foul, when the ref did not call Hunter for the contact foul a 1/2 second to a second earlier.

And, wow. What's the world coming to.

An Arkman sighting. Welcome.

Mushmouth
05-13-2005, 10:17 PM
fHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

obnoxiousmodesty
05-13-2005, 10:17 PM
It just aired on WB4. Carlisle's pissed off. You tell him Rick.

PaceBalls
05-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Damn Rick just called Larry Brown out... that was great. I've never seen Rick get pissed like that in an interview.

TheHotShot31
05-13-2005, 10:23 PM
This series is getting better by the minute. :)

efx
05-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Don't we cry alot about the refs though whenever we lose a game?

Jermaniac
05-13-2005, 10:26 PM
HELL YEAH RICK, Let it all out man.

shags
05-13-2005, 10:27 PM

Plenty of posters did in Game 1.

Hicks
05-13-2005, 10:27 PM

Our head coach doesn't.

Mushmouth
05-13-2005, 10:29 PM

We have a classy coach and classy players, they don't.

Stryder
05-13-2005, 10:29 PM

Difference:

We as Pacers fans cry and whine when we think the refereeing is bad.

Larry Brown is a coach. He was at the game. He had a courtside seat. He KNOWS the refs weren't what cost the Pistons the game, but he continues to posture just as Pat Riley and Phil Jackson have done in the past.

Brown used to be a class act, but something sure has turned him into an old fart who like to whine...

Mushmouth
05-13-2005, 10:30 PM
Plenty of posters did in Game 1.

Posters that coached or played w/ the Pacers?

God forbid fans say something innapropriate. Your fans have NEVER done anything innapropriate.

PaceBalls
05-13-2005, 10:31 PM

For real. Never ever have I seen Rick blame anyone for anything in an interview, not only that, this is the first time I've ever heard him call out any coach on some serious BS.

cause we all know that was a total flop even with that chicken wing.

efx
05-13-2005, 10:32 PM

I was going to disagree with you by saying I think you're overgeneralizing but then I looked at your avatar since it made my point for me :)

Mushmouth
05-13-2005, 10:34 PM
I was going to disagree with you by saying I think you're overgeneralizing but then I looked at your avatar since it made my point for me :)

Oh, Dale was just helping to hold Michael Smith up from what would have been a hard fall! :laugh:

PaceBalls
05-13-2005, 10:38 PM
Oh, Dale was just helping to hold Michael Smith up from what would have been a hard fall! :laugh:

I actually was at that game vs the Kings. And I thought that was someone else. But ya it got wild that night. I was 12th row screamin "kick his *** Dale!"

It kinda makes Ron look tame dont it? :p

Mushmouth
05-13-2005, 10:41 PM
I actually was at that game vs the Kings. And I thought that was someone else. But ya it got wild that night. I was 12th row screamin "kick his *** Dale!"

It kinda makes Ron look tame dont it? :p

definitely M. Smith - Micheal Smith I thought for sure. He was in our training camp like 2 years ago, and Conrad ran a story about the fight. What year was that? '96?

DON'T tell people about it tho, the Pacers were angelic before Ron came along and ruined our "image" ;)

PaceBalls
05-13-2005, 10:42 PM
nah that was later, like 98 or 99 i'm pretty sure

Hicks
05-13-2005, 10:43 PM
efx, why do you do that? Why can't you give any credit to our team?

PaceBalls
05-13-2005, 10:44 PM
No, that's Antonio "holding" Michael Smith up, Dale was dancing with Brian Grant I think.

That was definately Dale Davis man. He of course got tossed and served a 2 game suspension I think. Kinda hazy about the details of the fallout. But I definately recall it was Dale who seemed ready to kill that guy.

FiestyFosterFanatic
05-13-2005, 10:53 PM
Larry's just upset his team didn't get to the line on every play until the 4th quarter. Whoever the light skinned black ref is was horrible tonight. Seemed like he didn't call one foul against the Pistons, but would always **** us with some bs call when the momentum really got going.

Deadshot
05-13-2005, 11:02 PM
Just to answer the questions about the fight in the avatar:

http://dailybeacon.utk.edu/issues/v70/n56/com.56s.html

PaceBalls
05-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Just to answer the questions about the fight in the avatar:

http://dailybeacon.utk.edu/issues/v70/n56/com.56s.html

That was 1995?? time flies when yer smokin weed... (i mean tobacco of course ;) ... )

FiestyFosterFanatic
05-13-2005, 11:07 PM
Can someone upload Rick's response.

efx
05-13-2005, 11:09 PM
efx, why do you do that? Why can't you give any credit to our team?

Oh, I'm giving them plenty of credit. I don't know why you keep bringing this issue up with me. There're some issues that I don't agree with people on but that's why we have discussions right?

But I've never said that I haven't proud of the team and the way they've played and handled themselves during this season.

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-13-2005, 11:09 PM
If anyone recorded Rick, I'd love to watch or hear this...

Hicks
05-13-2005, 11:12 PM
That's not what I mean. What I'm seeing is, the other team's coach is whining, all we're trying to say is "Carlisle's better than that", but just because someone gave the wiggle room by referring to the team instead of just the coach, you decided to point out the flaws. It just feels like you were looking to point that out, rather than just agree that yes, Carlisle's above what Brown is doing.

In other words, finding the cloud in the silver lining.

sweabs
05-13-2005, 11:41 PM
It's all gamesmanship. Larry's just trying to fire up his team for Game 4. He needs something...

Either way, the play was a no-call. Good officiating by the refs - you're not going to call that in the dying seconds of a game when Reggie has the ball. Let the players decide the outcome of the game. Plain and simple, the Pacers deserved to win tonights game. They outworked/outhustled/outplayed the Pistons, and I think outside of the press-conference, Larry will let his team know the real reasons behind their loss.

Unclebuck
05-13-2005, 11:56 PM
It's all gamesmanship. Larry's just trying to fire up his team for Game 4. He needs something...

Either way, the play was a no-call. Good officiating by the refs - you're not going to call that in the dying seconds of a game when Reggie has the ball. Let the players decide the outcome of the game. Plain and simple, the Pacers deserved to win tonights game. They outworked/outhustled/outplayed the Pistons, and I think outside of the press-conference, Larry will let his team know the real reasons behind their loss.

I don't think so. One thing about Larry is almost without exception he says what he truly believes at the time

sweabs
05-14-2005, 12:00 AM
I don't think so. One thing about Larry is almost without exception he says what he truly believes at the time

Perhaps he believes that in front of the cameras, where refs and opposing players can hear him. But do you honestly think he will preach the same story to his players behind the locker room doors?

I'm glad he said it though; it could give some extra incentive for our players. I'll take anything I can get at this point. The winner of Game 4 wins the series.

shags
05-14-2005, 12:04 AM
Perhaps he believes that in front of the cameras, where refs and opposing players can hear him. But do you honestly think he will preach the same story to his players behind the locker room doors?

I'm glad he said it though; it could give some extra incentive for our players. I'll take anything I can get at this point. The winner of Game 4 wins the series.

That's what everyone here said in the first round series. The first team to 4 wins wins the series.

Besides, I'm not convinced the Pistons will come out with any more energy than they had tonight. It may take a 3-1 deficit for them to feel like it's worth it to give a full effort with proper execution offensively and defensively.

waterjater
05-14-2005, 12:23 AM
Unbelievable Larry! I used to love Larry Brown, but after tonight....lost a lot of respect.

I've also gained even more respect for Carlisle. Stephen Jackson drove to the basket all night long getting hammered and never, NEVER went to the line. Shut up LB!!

Lindsay shouldn't have flopped and stayed WITH Reggie to force an even tougher shot. Falling down like a puss was what allowed Reggie to knock the shot down!

After all those air balls and LB boils it down to one foul call???? Pffft

Water

Southside_Pacer
05-14-2005, 12:25 AM
I finally saw what Brown said, and what Rick said in return.

Great to see that from Rick!!!

Interesting how the foul shot totals were nearly EVEN. Indiana went 23-27 from the line, Detroit went 23-28 from the line.

Indiana had 25 personal fouls called, Detroit had 23.

waterjater
05-14-2005, 12:26 AM
Hell, does anyone remember Jordans Championship shot against the Jazz. He drove in and then shoved Byron Russell in the *** out of the way so he could hit the game winner!!

No foul on Jordan, and noone complained that he got away with a shove to win the NBA championship. Heck, they show it in almost every advertisement for the nba, that shove and game winner.

ChicagoJ
05-14-2005, 01:01 AM
If I hear one more time on ESPN tonight, "Reggie Miller in the center of controversy - did he push off?" I may go postal on my parents' television.

Are Kyle@Section204 and I the only two people on the planet that noticed Hunter was hanging onto Reggie's jersey all the way across the court. Maybe if they would've called that foul, the flop/ push would never have happened. Now how would Brownie like that??

There's a perfect smiley for Larry Brown: :finger:

That was a great no-call. There's no controversy. And Rick's response was perfect.

Oh, and I loved the way Larry *****ed about Rip's sixth foul. "He hadn't even come off the screen yet!!" Well, duh. Its hard to come off the screen when Rip has Reggie in a bearhug. And last I checked, that's a foul. Idiot.

PaceBalls
05-14-2005, 01:14 AM
Oh, and I loved the way Larry *****ed about Rip's sixth foul. "He hadn't even come off the screen yet!!" Well, duh. Its hard to come off the screen when Rip has Reggie in a bearhug. And last I checked, that's a foul. Idiot.

They showed that replay during the game where Rip got his 6th. And he clearly had a hand full of Reggie's jersey, Reggie didnt even have to fling the arms or anything, because it was so obvious.

They were just talking about it on sportscenter and they didn't even show the camera angle they showed during the game that shows Rip with a handful of his jersey. =/

grace
05-14-2005, 01:14 AM
Note to Larry Brown: I'll let you have the foul on Reggie at the end of the game if you'll take away one of the bogus fouls against Jermaine.

ChicagoJ
05-14-2005, 01:17 AM
They showed that replay during the game where Rip got his 6th. And he clearly had a hand full of Reggie's jersey, Reggie didnt even have to fling the arms or anything, because it was so obvious.

They were just talking about it on sportscenter and they didn't even show the camera angle they showed during the game that shows Rip with a handful of his jersey. =/

Yeah, I spent most of the second half just watching Reggie vs. Rip in the binoculars. As soon as the whistle blew, I stood up and started waving 'goodbye' to Rip. It was *that* obvious.

Unclebuck
05-14-2005, 01:23 AM

No he won't to his players. But I am 100% convinced that what Larry said in the press conference is what he believes when he said it.

He is not pulling a Phil Jackson.

brichard
05-14-2005, 01:27 AM
A couple of points in this game.

There was a play where Jamaal was back pedaling out of bounce and Rip barely touches Jamall on his way down... foul on Jamaal.

Also, although I am sure he was also held, Rip clearly held Reggie for his 6th. It was right in front of an official and he had a fist full of 31 in his hands. Reggie just knows how to get attention at the right time.

I hope somebody in the National media will expose Larry for exhibiting no class with his comments. Good for Rick standing up for the Pacers.

The more I think about this... the madder I get.

Win, lose, or draw... the Pacers better bring it Sunday!

Jon Theodore
05-14-2005, 01:32 AM
what did rick say....JESUS how many times has that been asked, someone just summarize it

waterjater
05-14-2005, 01:33 AM
Jees I'm watching the highlights. And Jermaines drive to the hoop wasn't an offensive foul, S. Jackson got hammered driving the lane numerous times, I saw B.Wallace mug our players in the 4th on rebounds (Dragging them out of the way).

I'm sure we were doing some of the same crap earlier in the game.

So, LB- YOU ARE WRONG ON THIS ONE!

I used to wonder why Carlisle never complained publically about the officiating.....and now I'm really glad he hasn't!

Will LB get FINED!?!?

brichard
05-14-2005, 01:34 AM
what did rick say....JESUS how many times has that been asked, someone just summarize it

This is from Pacers.com Under Postgame quotes:

PACERS COACH RICK CARLISLE

ďI agree with what Larry said. The players should decide it. The referee didnít make a call whether it was a charge or a flop and Reggie made the shot. They had more free throws, we had more fouls, and Jermaine OíNeal fouled out with 2:30 left I donít want to hear it. Not with the season weíve had. They made a great comeback. Weíre hanging on for dear life and Iíve got to hear about the officials, come on. Not with the heart both of these teams displayed tonight. Itís important to respond by saying the officials are doing the best they can."
"This is tough. Theyíve got the best starting five in basketball, one of the most underrated sixth men in basketball and a great coach. Weíve got to play our butt off. We didnít play our best game and Detroit didnít play their best game either. We have to raise our level of play if we want to win Game 4."

(On Jermaine, Reggie and Stephen struggling offensively) " All year long itís been hard to look at our team and figure out how anything goes anyway. But tonight I thought our bench gave us a big lift. For us this is a collective effort. It will take all 12 players for us to beat this team. When you play a good team game, guys like Jeff Foster and Dale Davis can get involved. That Ďs what it takes.Ē

waterjater
05-14-2005, 01:59 AM
This is from Pacers.com Under Postgame quotes:

PACERS COACH RICK CARLISLE

ďI agree with what Larry said. The players should decide it. The referee didnít make a call whether it was a charge or a flop and Reggie made the shot. They had more free throws, we had more fouls, and Jermaine OíNeal fouled out with 2:30 left I donít want to hear it. Not with the season weíve had. They made a great comeback. Weíre hanging on for dear life and Iíve got to hear about the officials, come on. Not with the heart both of these teams displayed tonight. Itís important to respond by saying the officials are doing the best they can."
"This is tough. Theyíve got the best starting five in basketball, one of the most underrated sixth men in basketball and a great coach. Weíve got to play our butt off. We didnít play our best game and Detroit didnít play their best game either. We have to raise our level of play if we want to win Game 4."

(On Jermaine, Reggie and Stephen struggling offensively) " All year long itís been hard to look at our team and figure out how anything goes anyway. But tonight I thought our bench gave us a big lift. For us this is a collective effort. It will take all 12 players for us to beat this team. When you play a good team game, guys like Jeff Foster and Dale Davis can get involved. That Ďs what it takes.Ē

Way to go RICK!!! Take the high ROAD!!!

pacerwaala
05-14-2005, 08:29 AM
Note to Larry Brown: I'll let you have the foul on Reggie at the end of the game if you'll take away one of the bogus fouls against Jermaine.

I know that Jermaine is very important to this team but he did not have it last night. So his fouling out was probably a blessing in disguise so that we did not go the "dump it into JO and have hime take a turnaround fadeaway jumper"

Lindsey's fall was a flop. I am saying this after watching it 20 times. If Larry has a gripe it should have been about the earlier foul that was called on Lindsey and put Reggie on the line . That, in my opinion was a bad call. Even Jermaine's 6th foul was not a bad call. Rasheed was deep in the post and JO reached over and tried to steal the post feed.

pacerwaala
05-14-2005, 08:33 AM
Hell, does anyone remember Jordans Championship shot against the Jazz. He drove in and then shoved Byron Russell in the *** out of the way so he could hit the game winner!!

No foul on Jordan, and noone complained that he got away with a shove to win the NBA championship. Heck, they show it in almost every advertisement for the nba, that shove and game winner.

Comparing the two plays is not right because Jordan's shot was definitely an offensive foul because Byron Russel gave him room and Jordan pushed off. Here, Lindsey did not give Reggie any room - "Lindsey was inside the offensive player's territory". And after Reggie created room with his body, Lindsey flopped. You can clearly see in the replay that there is a 0.5 second gap between Reggie creating room and Lindsey starting to fall down.

FiestyFosterFanatic
05-14-2005, 11:22 AM
I was in Section 225 and I could tell it was a flop. Seeing the replays, it still looks like a flop. If Reggie really pushed off, enough to send him to the ground, Hunter probably wouldn't have had time to get his hands down to catch himself on the way down.

Indyfan
05-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Larry Brown is a whiner and a jerk. I know he is a "great" coach but and has been doing this forever, but he has really turned into an excuse machine the past few years and I am so glad Rick came out like he did and put that talk firmly in its place! Larry could not have survived our troubles this year, and I am so proud of how our coaches and team have handles this crazy year.

GO PACERS!

MagicRat
05-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I spent most of the second half just watching Reggie vs. Rip in the binoculars.

You were using the binoculars so much, for a while I thought Kegboy was in your seat........

FiestyFosterFanatic
05-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Larry Brown is a whiner and a jerk. I know he is a "great" coach but and has been doing this forever, but he has really turned into an excuse machine the past few years and I am so glad Rick came out like he did and put that talk firmly in its place! Larry could not have survived our troubles this year, and I am so proud of how our coaches and team have handles this crazy year.

GO PACERS!

Larry had a hard enough time handling the troubles with his team. Remember, he thought about retiring after that night, seeing all those kids in the crowd crying. Broke his poor little heart. It devistated the Piston franchise...

Give me a break Brown.

Anthem
05-14-2005, 01:05 PM
You were using the binoculars so much, for a while I thought Kegboy was in your seat........

:laugh:

Except Jay uses them during the action of the game, whereas Kegboy uses them during the action of...

Nevermind.

Mourning
05-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Way to go Rick! Tell them how it really was not some gibberish by Brown. The nerve to keep bringing up Reggie farewell tour whistles and accusing the ref's of handing us the game, like the Pacers in general and Reggie in particular are beying protected is just to ignorant for words after this year OUR team has gone through and the penalties OUR team has had.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Anthem
05-14-2005, 01:31 PM

I agree with this... Larry truly believes he's blameless for his team playing poorly. It can't be HIS fault, it must be somebody else's.

Hoop
05-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Lindsey Hunter likes to foul and get away with it. :mad:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Hooping/AJFouled.jpg

That's Rip grapping Reg's jersey. Looks like a foul to me :rolleyes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Hooping/RipFoulReg.jpg

sweabs
05-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Hunter's block on AJ looked pretty clean to me.

It also gave me frightening flashbacks (especially the overhead camera-shot).

Hoop
05-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Hunter's block on AJ looked pretty clean to me.
Hunter hit AJ across the forearm and wrist and his follow through hit AJ on the head. The way I saw it anyway.

waterjater
05-14-2005, 08:11 PM
I can live with the block on AJ, but the Rip on Reggie foul was too obvious not to call.

What Larry Brown wants is to get away with all the physical contact so his team has an advantage. That is why there are officials! To do their best to ensure one team doesn't gain an advantage.

And if he believes in the players making the plays to win, then HOW IN THE HELL CAN HE BE UPSET ABOUT REGGIES LAST SHOT. The Players made the plays

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-15-2005, 12:55 AM
This may have been said already, but I have to say it.

1. It's not like we were down by 1 when Reggie hit his big basket.

2. Maybe LB should be more worried about the big turnover his team made with only 47 seconds left.

Anthem
05-15-2005, 02:17 AM
Wow, what a jerk. Larry Brown: "I thought I did a brilliant job tonight."

Arcadian
05-15-2005, 03:42 AM
I hope he believes that and comes in with the same game plan.

pacerwaala
05-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Wow, what a jerk. Larry Brown: "I thought I did a brilliant job tonight."

Are you sure he said "I" and not "We". It does not sound like the LB that we came to know when he was here. LB is just trying to manipulate the refs for his team. He always has been good for basketball and I have a lot of respect for him.

Anthem
05-15-2005, 01:23 PM
Are you sure he said "I" and not "We". It does not sound like the LB that we came to know when he was here. LB is just trying to manipulate the refs for his team. He always has been good for basketball and I have a lot of respect for him.

Yup. I watched the whole feed from NBA.com. They asked if he was considering going deeper into his bench or changing anything from a coaching perspective, and he said "Why? I thought I did a brilliant job tonight" or something like that.

Hicks
05-15-2005, 01:34 PM
Yup. I watched the whole feed from NBA.com. They asked if he was considering going deeper into his bench or changing anything from a coaching perspective, and he said "Why? I thought I did a brilliant job tonight" or something like that.

I just watched it, and I expected to find some hint of sarcasm, or some subtle joke. I saw none. He was serious. I'm surprised.

waterjater
05-15-2005, 06:49 PM
I guess his *****ing and moaning worked! I hate the NBA! With Reggie's retirement comes my retirement.

Water

grace
05-15-2005, 08:20 PM
I hate the NBA! With Reggie's retirement comes my retirement.

Water

On the way home from the game I actually found myself saying "Please let the NHL come back next year." How freaking sad is that?

Grey
05-15-2005, 11:36 PM
I guess his *****ing and moaning worked! I hate the NBA! With Reggie's retirement comes my retirement.

If you agree that the officiating is bad, why are you criticizing Larry Brown for saying so?

grace
05-16-2005, 11:16 AM
If you agree that the officiating is bad, why are you criticizing Larry Brown for saying so?

We can't criticize Rick for complaining about bad officiating because he doesn't complain about it.

Everybody knows the officiating is not only bad it's :censored: incompitant. The problem is nothing is ever done about it. At least in the NFL when they know they made a mistake in a game they'll admit it. A letter saying "we screwed up" doesn't change anything, but at least it lets everyone know the league is at least looking at it.

I know the NBA claims they review the tapes and are constantly grading their officials. Problem is I don't see any results from it. If Stern wants to improve the league's perception he has got to be more open about stuff like this.

ChicagoJ
05-16-2005, 11:24 AM

Except Jay uses them during the action of the game, whereas Kegboy uses them during the action of...

Nevermind.

They are Kyle's, and he usually takes them back from me during timeouts for the very same reason.