PDA

View Full Version : Well, what can you say....the Pacers beat us.

Kstat
05-13-2005, 09:58 PM
I said before tonight that we'd show why we're the world champs. I've ALWAYS been right about this team, until tonight.

Tonight, I was wrong.

I'm going to save my comments about larry brown for another time and place. Besides, most of them would get beeped out. Lindsey Hunter has become the new Michael Curry, in every sense of the word. Chuck Daly was scratching his head tonight, and I'm sure Joe D was too.

The Pacers really took it to us, tonight. I really wish we would have made them beat us from the FIELD, rather than with free throws, but thats the way the ball bounces.

I can take away from the 4th quarter that most of our wounds tonight were self-inflicted, but that doesn't make me feel any better.

Defensively, we were the better team tonight. On the boards, we were the better team. Phyically, we were the better team. We just fell apart offensively. Rasheed went without a technical AGAIN, which bothers me to no end. He has yet to find an enemy.

Rip was beyond awful in the first half, and it obviously wasn't his injury, because he played better in the 2nd half. Maybe his hip needed time to lossen up, i dunno. The Pacers still can't guard Rip, he just missed a LOT of shots he normally puts down.

Believe it or not, I think we're going to take the next 3 games. But if that doesnt happen, I'll officially put my foot in my mouth, and admit that I've been wrong about this team all along. A team of champions would win game 4.

Well, good game to your guys again, they controlled most of the game, they obviously deserved to win. I suppose we'll see on Sunday how much of a series we have.

I see Larry is complaining about the late fouls late in the game, but I guess thats his job. I'm going to take the high road. Its very easy to whine about bad fouls when you lose. Crying about foul calls is what LOSERS do, and I won't take part in it.

Nevermind the fact that if Larry doesnt start doing even an AVERAGE coaching job, the refs are going to be the LEAST of his worries. The best passer on our team has played like 30 minutes total this month, and you wonder why Dice cant get any good shots?

Ryan
05-13-2005, 10:00 PM
I'll still take the underdog roll. Thanks. Hopefully the media/Pistons say the same.

Jermaniac
05-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Yeah and if we win game 4, you will say that you will win the next 3 games. Blah Blah Blah

Los Angeles
05-13-2005, 10:02 PM
You know, I honestly think it's great that you come in the lions den and post your thoughts after a loss.

Seriously, it's very big of you to open up like this when so many would just stay away.

Keep it up, m'man.

We'll see you on Sunday.

Anthem
05-13-2005, 10:04 PM
Yeah and if we win game 4, you will say that you will win the next 3 games. Blah Blah Blah

Nope, if we win game 4, he'll be calling for Larry's head (more than he already is).

Nice job giving props, Kstat. That's why we like you.

That being said, I'm still hoping to see the kstat-o-meter pop up in this thread.

3ptmiller
05-13-2005, 10:08 PM
:evillaugh

Stryder
05-13-2005, 10:15 PM
Crying about foul calls is what LOSERS do, and I won't take part in it.

Very true.

I'm glad to see you're not like Larry Brown and his ilk.

Props to you for posting your thoughts.

efx
05-13-2005, 10:44 PM
Good thoughts on basketball are good thoughts, regardless of who the person writing it cheers for.

Good writings Kstat and good games, so far.

Bball
05-14-2005, 12:35 AM
Let's take a look at the Kstat meter....

IF the Pacers can win game 4 I think it might really light up ;)

-Bball

Kstat
05-14-2005, 12:43 AM
I take offense to the fact you would EVER accuse me of even THINKING about switching alligances.

abington
05-14-2005, 12:46 AM
i think its awsome that we have both Kstat and Shags. They give the forum a special feeling that we are at the center of excellent NBA discusion. The KSTAT o-meter is strangely and brilliantly prophetic.

SoupIsGood
05-14-2005, 12:49 AM
Nice post Kstat. However, I don't think our decline in the 4th can be entirely credited to the Pistons. Sure, you guys played better, but we started playing 'safe.'

I'm assuming that's what you meant here...

"I can take away from the 4th quarter that most of our wounds tonight were self-inflicted, but that doesn't make me feel any better."

Hicks
05-14-2005, 12:51 AM
Who said that? I just read bball's meter twice, and I don't think it does either...

grace
05-14-2005, 01:01 AM
Rasheed didn't get called for a T when the whole arena thought he should because up in the rafters Kegboy and I were waving our hands and saying very loudly "Do NOT give him a T." I'm sure the people around us thought we were nuts but we know Kstat claims Ts motivate Rasheed.

MagicRat
05-14-2005, 01:02 AM
Believe it or not, I think we're going to take the next 3 games.

Based on the above comment, the original Kstat-o- meter is still holding at the cocky-optimistic combo.......

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/kstatometer2.gif

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/kstatmeter2.gif

DisplacedKnick
05-14-2005, 01:06 AM
Rasheed didn't get called for a T when the whole arena thought he should because up in the rafters Kegboy and I were waving our hands and saying very loudly "Do NOT give him a T." I'm sure the people around us thought we were nuts but we know Kstat claims Ts motivate Rasheed.

He calmed down very quickly.

I looked up at the board with about a minute left and was shocked he only had 13. I just KNEW he'd hurt us as bad as Billups (I about screamed once when he was wide open late - but he missed that one).

grace
05-14-2005, 01:23 AM
He calmed down very quickly.

Maybe he doesn't know that getting technicals motivate him. :shrug:

Spicoli
05-14-2005, 01:30 AM
.........I just KNEW he'd hurt us as bad as Billups .....

There is some good in you yet. :D :D :D

DisplacedKnick
05-14-2005, 01:37 AM
There is some good in you yet. :D :D :D

I can see I'm gonna need a 12-step program after the season.

Might have to watch a few '90's playoff series ...

Spicoli
05-14-2005, 01:41 AM
I can see I'm gonna need a 12-step program after the season.

Might have to watch a few '90's playoff series ...

Touche'. May I suggest the '95 series?

abington
05-14-2005, 01:49 AM
us?!!!??????

wow.
breaking on through to the other side.

ChicagoJ
05-14-2005, 01:55 AM
I think he's there. :welcome:

Who's next?? :devil:

BTW, I agree with the kudo's to kstat for coming in here. I wouldn't.

And for some reason, I've never seen the Kstat-o-meters before... Very nice.

Anthem
05-14-2005, 03:34 AM
Yeah, I saw that, Rim. You let it slip in another thread too.

Give in to your feelings. Come to the dark side. Or, in this case, :sunshine:

Eindar
05-14-2005, 06:50 AM
I really felt like the Pistons lost this game. We played pretty good, but not great. The Pistons, with the exception of Billups, seemed to be lost out there till the start of the 4th quarter. Maybe it was shock that they were being beaten by a team they probably felt they should have swept?

aceace
05-14-2005, 07:20 AM
I really felt like the Pistons lost this game. We played pretty good, but not great. The Pistons, with the exception of Billups, seemed to be lost out there till the start of the 4th quarter. Maybe it was shock that they were being beaten by a team they probably felt they should have swept?

I think Pacers D was fantastic in the first half. Detroit made a nice 4th qt run but it was because Pacers blew a few easy ones.

DisplacedKnick
05-14-2005, 08:08 AM
Yeah, I saw that, Rim. You let it slip in another thread too.

Give in to your feelings. Come to the dark side. Or, in this case, :sunshine:

Dang - having orientation issues - and after all these years. Now I'm gonna have to ask my mother if she breast-fed me - or dressed me up in little pink dresses and made me play with dolls ... :blush: :(

(Not that there's anything WRONG with that)

Wonder if Ron has any room in his counseling sessions?

pacerwaala
05-14-2005, 08:16 AM
Dang - having orientation issues - and after all these years. Now I'm gonna have to ask my mother if she breast-fed me - or dressed me up in little pink dresses and made me play with dolls ... :blush: :(

(Not that there's anything WRONG with that)

Wonder if Ron has any room in his counseling sessions?

what does dressing in little pink dresses and playing with dolls have to do with coming out "as a Pacers fan/sympathiser"

lurks-a-lot
05-14-2005, 08:33 AM
What scares me as a pistons fan is the fact that you guys beat us while not even playing close to a good typical game for you guys. Jermaine was completely out of it tonite and even fouled out with 3 minutes left to go. I think we lost a great opportunity to steal one on the road. Anyways, good game pacers nice win, hope its a different story sunday.

DisplacedKnick
05-14-2005, 08:39 AM
what does dressing in little pink dresses and playing with dolls have to do with coming out "as a Pacers fan/sympathiser"

Humor-challenged?

There are some self-help books out there that you might find useful in your situation.

indygeezer
05-14-2005, 08:42 AM
I wasn't going to say anything, I wanted to let Rim slowly accept and embrace his coming out of the closet. But now that he is obviously "outed" :D WELCOME ABOARD!!! Hey, isn't that Reggie Miller just the greatest player EVER???? :buddies:

KSTAT...I'll give you props too, you've got the cajones others lack. I've always espected your coach, too bad he has to stoop to this to try to motivate his players. Yeah, I think it's all part and parcial with LB. He is GREAT at motivating his players by getting them to buy into the "The World is Against Us" idea. He's done it here...in Philly....and he's strying it in Detroit. But props to you Kstat.