PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to thank our crowd tonight...

Hicks
05-13-2005, 09:40 PM
for being collective IDIOTS!!$ :scream:

How STUPID can you be to chant "Detroit Sucks"! With 8 minutes left in an 11 point game???!?!?!! HOW STUPID IS THAT!??!?!?!

That woke them RIGHT BACK UP and gave us this cardiac express. I'm completely disgusted with that stupidity.

Los Angeles
05-13-2005, 09:41 PM
Jinx, Baby.

Jermaniac
05-13-2005, 09:55 PM
As soon as I heard them saying that, I was like what idiots, all that is going to do is fire the Pistons up even more.

3ptmiller
05-13-2005, 09:56 PM
REG-GIE

Anthem
05-13-2005, 09:58 PM
And yet we still won. Gotta hate that if you're Detroit.

Everybody that went to the game got their money's worth tonight.

sixthman
05-13-2005, 11:02 PM
I got my money's worth tonight. Booed the hell out of Stern. But that "Detroit sucks" chant was classless and stupid. Hicks is right.

FiestyFosterFanatic
05-13-2005, 11:09 PM
I chanted the Detroit Sucks too...and loved every minute of it. Screw you guys, we were having fun.

Hicks
05-13-2005, 11:14 PM
I chanted the Detroit Sucks too...and loved every minute of it. Screw you guys, we were having fun.

:rollout: It was as intelligent as Knick fans and their "Reggie Sucks" chant.

FiestyFosterFanatic
05-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Who won the game? That's all that matters...shut up.

ahhteeth
05-13-2005, 11:22 PM
I attended the game and would like to say that it was only a small section of idiots probably around section 20. Once I heard them saying "Detroit Sucks", I thought it was soooo dumb since there was still 8 minutes left.

However I would like to add that the crowd was amazing all nite. The best moment was at half time when David Stern walked across the court twice and got booed more than the Pistons during the intros.

Hicks
05-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Who won the game? That's all that matters...shut up.

You guys made it harder.

Unclebuck
05-13-2005, 11:52 PM
I don't think the chant had anything to do what-so-ever when the Pistons comeback.

Hicks
05-13-2005, 11:58 PM
Yeah, and the Reggie Sucks chants never affected #31......

Mr. Pink
05-14-2005, 12:01 AM
I'm pretty sure what started the DETROIT SUCKS chant was in one of the lower sections, there was a Detroit fan pretty well dressed up walking back to his seat. Like the snowball effect, Pacer fans started chanting it to that guy, but it spread throughout the arena.

DisplacedKnick
05-14-2005, 12:03 AM
I couldn't quite figure out why it started - glad you cleared that up.

It didn't really get going - a few people in my section went with it but not many.

Unclebuck
05-14-2005, 12:05 AM
Yeah, and the Reggie Sucks chants never affected #31......

That's different, that is effecting one guy. How does a very short chant effect about 7 guys. I just don't see it. When I heard it I thought they were talking about the city.

Hicks
05-14-2005, 12:06 AM
I heard it loud and clear for almost a minute on WB4. If the Pistons push to go from 11 down to 1 up didn't start then, it was damn close.

Hicks
05-14-2005, 12:07 AM
They're a pretty firey group. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it fired them up. Especially the Wallaces.

NewType
05-14-2005, 12:12 AM
"[Insert team name] sucks!" should always be reserved during exit.

Side note: I remember in 2000 game 2 vs NY, we chanted "New York sucks!" when we left. That was fun.

Unclebuck
05-14-2005, 12:12 AM
I heard it loud and clear for almost a minute on WB4. If the Pistons push to go from 11 down to 1 up didn't start then, it was damn close.

So your saying if the crowd does not do the chant the Pistons don't come back?

I just don't see the cause and effect

Ragnar
05-14-2005, 12:14 AM
No the Pistons got back into this game because the Pacers went back to the dump it into someone and stand arround and watch offense.

Southside_Pacer
05-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Pistons got back into the game since we decided to go one on one and started isolating......

The "Detroit Sucks" chant, I do believe, started in Section 225. I sat in Section 226, and I could see the guys in the top row up there doing it. Then it started gathering some momentum.

It happend more than once during the course of the game.

I can understand the chant, and why it happend. A lot of people have had pent up emotions towards Detroit, and Stern, and tonight they were able to finally release what they've been feeling for quite some time.

But yeah, they got back into the game because we were getting away from what we were doing that caused us to get the lead in the first place.

Hicks
05-14-2005, 12:20 AM
So your saying if the crowd does not do the chant the Pistons don't come back?

I just don't see the cause and effect

Put it this way, I still liken it to Knick fans w/ Reggie. If they don't chant, does that mean Reggie doesn't torch them? No, but it sure as hell ain't smart, is it? It's tempting fate, and I bet it gave them, if even a little, some extra umph.

Hicks
05-14-2005, 12:22 AM
I fully agree with anyone that says the main reason was the Pacers horrid offense, and easing up a bit defensively; see my other thread about all of that. I just think this gave the Pistons even more fuel.

ChicagoJ
05-14-2005, 12:25 AM
I heard it over in '204', but not that loudly. Certainly classless, but if it started as a response to an equally (or moreso) classless Detroit fan I wouldn't be surprised at all.

flakcatcher
05-14-2005, 12:32 AM
We were in the fourth row from the top in section 208 and everyone around us started chanting it. My girlfriend was immediately like: oh, no....

And I'll be damned if that wasn't when the comeback started.

But we persevered. Still, a classless move.

bmac
05-14-2005, 12:36 AM
At least no one threw anything. From the TV perspective the crowd was pleasant and decidely un-Detroit like.

MSA2CF
05-14-2005, 12:40 AM
I just wish that people would chant "De-troit Bas-ket-ball" after one of their turnovers or something. That would be more effective than Detroit Sucks. I mean, that's what the Pistons claim is their style at home; the announcer says that after turnovers, unforced or not, which is pathetic IMO.

grace
05-14-2005, 12:52 AM
I just wish that people would chant "De-troit Bas-ket-ball" after one of their turnovers or something.

:slap: ;)

I think there must have been pockets of "Detroit Sucks" all over the arena. I was on the isle between 226 and 227 and with the exception of the one time the guy in front of me did his chant solo it always started at the top of 227. 3 big guys around a Pistons fan. He actually took it pretty well. Better than I would have considering I wanted to b-atch slap the woman at Smokey Bones who not once, but twice yelled out "Go Pistons" while I was trying to enjoy my dinner.

Not to disagree with you UB, but just about every GD time they did that stupid chant it led immediately to a basket for the Pistons.

DisplacedKnick
05-14-2005, 01:01 AM
I was too busy sexually harassing my waitress in Section 118 to even see what was going on in the athletic contest I was apparently attending.

Thought about trying that but the guy wasn't cute enough. :eek:

We were neighbors and I didn't know it - was in 116 myself.

SjA3837
05-14-2005, 01:01 AM
:slap: ;)

I think there must have been pockets of "Detroit Sucks" all over the arena. I was on the isle between 226 and 227 and with the exception of the one time the guy in front of me did his chant solo it always started at the top of 227. 3 big guys around a Pistons fan. He actually took it pretty well. Better than I would have considering I wanted to b-atch slap the woman at Smokey Bones who not once, but twice yelled out "Go Pistons" while I was trying to enjoy my dinner.

Not to disagree with you UB, but just about every GD time they did that stupid chant it led immediately to a basket for the Pistons.

I was in section 228, people there were chanting it also. I had some guy behind me keep calling Rip a rat, and other names... it was pretty funny lol.

WEST
05-14-2005, 01:38 AM
Yup, that's where I thought it started.

Still classier than the Detroit fans touching off a mini-skirmish after the game. You lost. You don't need to try to punch EVERYONE walking down the stairs.

LOL, I didn't see that. How bad was it?

grace
05-14-2005, 01:59 AM
Since the "Detroit Sucks" chants seemed to be all over the place did anywhere but Sections 226 and 227 try to do the wave? Just when I didn't think we could be any more lame. :nerd:

MagicRat
05-14-2005, 02:04 AM
Since the "Detroit Sucks" chants seemed to be all over the place did anywhere but Sections 226 and 227 try to do the wave? Just when I didn't think we could be any more lame. :nerd:

Lame meaning you couldn't get anybody to join you?.........:wave:

Bball
05-14-2005, 02:22 AM
for being collective IDIOTS!!$ :scream:

How STUPID can you be to chant "Detroit Sucks"! With 8 minutes left in an 11 point game???!?!?!! HOW STUPID IS THAT!??!?!?!

That woke them RIGHT BACK UP and gave us this cardiac express. I'm completely disgusted with that stupidity.

Hicks, when that chant started I turned to the person beside me and said:
"Way to go... **** them off even more and fire them up...."

So I'm right there with you...

-Bball

grace
05-14-2005, 02:26 AM
Lame meaning you couldn't get anybody to join you?.........:wave:

I wasn't doing it. :-p

pacerwaala
05-14-2005, 08:07 AM
with 8 minutes left with a 11 point lead, it is definitely dumb. nobody can prove that that is what jumpstarted Detroit but when a team is on the road, they look for all sorts of things to get that "us 12 against everybody in the building" atitude - and definitely chanting Detroit sucks might have contributed to motivate them.

ChicagoJ
05-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Now if we chant "Pistons FANS suck" next game (if the cause is really misbehaving Pistons fans) then that's another story altogether...

:devil:

FiestyFosterFanatic
05-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Everyone who wouldn't join in on the wave is a bunch of pansies.

Reggie4Three
05-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Please instruct us on which chant would've made the Pacers double their 11 point lead? I wasn't aware that chants determined the outcomes of games. This should be great now. We should never lose another home game as long as we know the right chants. Keep it on the DL though, we don't want other fans to figure this out and use it against us when we're on the road.

grace
05-14-2005, 11:47 AM
:welcome: you are now entering the DL Zone for Pacers fans only.

Today's lession: Cheering as not to jinx our beloved team.

1. Do not cheer "[name of opposing team or player] sucks" until the Pacers have more than or equal to a 21 point lead in the 4th quarter.

2. Do not stand up when a Pacer is shooting a 3. It's bad luck. You don't believe me? What's our average shooting percentage from behind the arch? I don't know, but I'll use 33% as an example. That means 67% of the time the shot doesn't go in.

3. Do not do the wave. It's not bad luck, but it's so 80's. :rolleyes: Beside's the wave should only be done at football games and only when [insert favorite team] is on defense.

Hicks
05-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Everyone who wouldn't join in on the wave is a bunch of pansies.

:blahblah:

Big Smooth
05-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Detroit's big run to take the lead did catch big-time momentum once that chant started. But like UncleBuck, I see no cause and effect. I think it's a fallacy to say that chant caused the Pistons to go on that run.

But on the other hand, it was very stupid on the part of the fans. It would be like the crowd at a college game starting the over-rated chant when their team was up 10 with 8 minutes left. Those kind of chants only fit in when the game is truly in hand. Some think it's classless and should not have happen but for those who don't mind it, it just makes YOU look like an idiot to start it at THAT point in the game.

Shoot, I had fans around me talking "oh the Pistons s*** they can't even score 50" and I'm thinking "just wait morons".

Anyone who knows anything about the NBA knows that other team is going to make a run at some point, especially the defending champions.

Myself, I've been calling my Detroit fan buddy and yelling "INDIANA BASKETBALL" after each win. But yeah, I kinda dig the idea of Pacers fans doing their own sarcastic version of DEEEETROIT BASKETBALL after a Pistons turnover or airball. Something to get under the skin of any Detroit fans in attendance. :p