PDA

View Full Version : Pacers to reveal new logo on draft day

Dr Huxtable
05-13-2005, 05:58 PM
http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=20513

I'm not registered on NBA.com so I can't go to the link posted.

Someone care to post what all it says?

I'm assuming that they will also unveil the unis at the same time. It would be nice to see Sean May holding up a new Pacers uni. ;)

Deadshot
05-13-2005, 06:00 PM
I wish we would at least keep our current logo...

Isaac
05-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Aw, I don't want a change :(

PacerFan31
05-13-2005, 06:29 PM
This sux, now most of my stuff is worthless.....scatch that, ALL OF MY STUFF

BigDawg44
05-13-2005, 07:50 PM
I hope it is nothing like the Mavericks, trying to be flashy and new age. I love how indiana teams are always reverting to retro style and keeping it classic. Colts, went back to classic Colt blue and have very classy uniforms, nothing flashy like the Falcons, the Pacers also have a very classy uniform and logo. Also, Indiana has kept the same logo for years! Although there was that period when they tried to use the IU in that black circle for football, IU basketball has reverted to creame and crimson and have kept the same style jersey FOREVER! I LOVE THAT! I LOVE the classic look and I would hate to lose that with the pacers.......this post probably could have been said in 3 lines.

Isaac
05-13-2005, 07:52 PM
I agree BigDawg. I definitley think the Pacers should not change their logo.

Los Angeles
05-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Everything I have to say on the logo, I said here:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11478

I can only hope it's not

1) a cheesy drawing on a wacky shape with the words "Indiana Pacers" stamped around the cheesy drawing

2) a heavy, bold, underlined AND italicized font in "wowsy" 3D. :PUKE:

3) Anything in a circa 1991 oval. :puke: :puke: :puke:

4) Made by ANY relative or friend of the administration.

Shade
05-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Cool. I only think it's approriate that the current logo and unis be retired with Reggie.

indytoad
05-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Cool. I only think it's approriate that the current logo and unis be retired with Reggie.

Hm, that's one way to look at it, I never thought of it like that. I just hope they aren't lame.

IndyToad
A great example of activism

Mushmouth
05-13-2005, 10:26 PM
I have full faith it'll remain true to the hand/stylized P... simplicity in logo. However, we'll definitely lose the pinstripes.

FiestyFosterFanatic
05-13-2005, 11:10 PM
I hope they go back to the old logo, with the hand on the ball.

3Ball
05-13-2005, 11:27 PM
I hope it is nothing like the Mavericks, trying to be flashy and new age. I love how indiana teams are always reverting to retro style and keeping it classic. Colts, went back to classic Colt blue and have very classy uniforms, nothing flashy like the Falcons, the Pacers also have a very classy uniform and logo. Also, Indiana has kept the same logo for years! Although there was that period when they tried to use the IU in that black circle for football, IU basketball has reverted to creame and crimson and have kept the same style jersey FOREVER! I LOVE THAT! I LOVE the classic look and I would hate to lose that with the pacers.......this post probably could have been said in 3 lines.

You got it. I hope the uni is just a blue shirt with nothing on it at all. Not even names. And the logo should just be the word Pacers in a plain font. Like they're a high school team. THAT would be bold.

ABADays
05-13-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm just shaking my head at the idea of a new logo.

3ptmiller
05-13-2005, 11:31 PM
Damn, im really curious how that Logo will look like... i hope its not something like a fast car in 3D or something like that.

rel
05-13-2005, 11:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/ucla31/pacersconcept.bmp

heres a concpet someone made from that site

i dont like it at all
thats my opinion

it doesnt go with that retro look i thought we were going for

ahhteeth
05-13-2005, 11:52 PM
I actually kind of like that look. I think their could be a better way to fill the jersey rather than those pinstripes, it kind of clashes with the diagonal in my opinion.

Hicks
05-13-2005, 11:56 PM
Take away the pinstripes, and those would be a cross between the flo-jos and the current Sacramento jerseys. I could live with that. However, I expect we're going to go back to using a lighter-blue in our color scheme. Maybe not in PLACE of the current navy blue, but as a third color somehow. And I had the impression it would have a bit of the ABA jersey to it.

Lord Helmet
05-14-2005, 12:02 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/ucla31/pacersconcept.bmp

heres a concpet someone made from that site

i dont like it at all
thats my opinion

it doesnt go with that retro look i thought we were going for
I like those jerseys. I could deal with them. Please, don't change the logo though.....:(

gilpdawg
05-14-2005, 12:41 AM
I love those jerseys, but it's just a fan mockup, I would like to see something like that. Modern looking without being gaudy (I'm talking to you, Houston Rockets). Those are an abomination. The above poster is right though, I see them going "retro." Probably something based on the ABA throwbacks they wore last year. I wish they'd just bring back the damn Flo-Jos. Those are my favorite unis ever, in any sport.

grace
05-14-2005, 01:42 AM
IMO the uniforms are fine (especially since there isn't a yellow one). The primary logo isn't all that bad, but what is up with the one with the checkered flags? I love the 500 as much as the next person, but I think that log is stupid.

MagicRat
05-14-2005, 02:11 AM
IMO the uniforms are fine (especially since there isn't a yellow one). The primary logo isn't all that bad, but what is up with the one with the checkered flags? I love the 500 as much as the next person, but I think that log is stupid.

The flag logo is for the Indianapolis Pacers, not your favorite NBA franchise. I don't think you have to worry about it..........

FiestyFosterFanatic
05-14-2005, 11:07 AM
I like the new logo, not the second one, the primary one. I think those jerseys look cool, I don't really like the lettering though. I would like to see maybe the Reggie Rookie Year lettering on that...and maybe make the pinstripes like a silver on the white jerseys, and a lighter blue/darker blue on the blue jerseys.

Jaydawg2270
05-14-2005, 12:06 PM
IT WOULD BE COOL IF WE WENT WITH THE OLD LOGO BUT PUT REGGIE'S HAND INSTEAD :devil:

indygeezer
05-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Black and Red???

What are we the New Bulls or the New Blazers?

Blech!

Back to the ABA Pacer Logo and colors.

PHC Fan
05-14-2005, 02:59 PM
I wasn't a big fan of the hand and tennis ball logo.

I love the current one. But, I suppose they need to shake the merchandise money tree.

kybjones
05-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Has anyone considered a "new logo" may just be the current logo under the royal blue and gold color scheme if they revert back to royal from navy?

Hicks
05-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Has anyone considered a "new logo" may just be the current logo under the royal blue and gold color scheme if they revert back to royal from navy?

That's kind of what I'm expecting.

Isaac
05-14-2005, 08:04 PM
I would not mind that, in fact I would kind of like that...

But i do like the navy...

Roaming Gnome
05-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Those jerseys are not too bad, actually; I kind of like them. I kind of figure the changes can't be that radical because there is not an outcry to change our current logo, just the jerseys. Why go from something that everyone accepts to something everyone dreads?

Just ask Cavaliers' fans when they changed their logo in the early 90's to jump on the black and teal band wagon. They went from something that was a little boring, but accepted to something most hated!!

PacerFan31
05-14-2005, 09:54 PM
^ I heard from a cavs fan today that they might be getting some kind of blue jerseys for next season