PDA

View Full Version : Something I've noticed in playoff coverage this year...

rabid
05-13-2005, 12:16 AM
...is that national announcers seem to be completely shying away from questioning or even acknowledging bad calls in playoff games this year.

I thought it was just me being a homer in the first round becasue I watched mostly just Pacer games. But I'm following most of the second-round series and whenever even really bad calls are made on either side in any game, the announcers usually ignore it completely.

And there are few if any "let's watch the replay to see if that was a foul" bits in games.

Is anyone else noticing this or am I just being paranoid?

grace
05-13-2005, 12:53 AM
I'm sure they've had their talking to by the network brass who got their talking to by Stern.

Anthem
05-13-2005, 01:08 AM
Yeah, I noticed. ESPN started it, but recently TNT's been picking up the trend.

Something to do with JVG? :shrug:

rabid
05-13-2005, 10:31 AM
bump

Ragnar
05-13-2005, 10:44 AM
I always assume it was a horrible call if they dont show the replay. :shrug:

They did show the travesty that was the traveling call on Jeff when BabyBen knocked the ball out of his hand and called it a bad call but they skipped a lot of them.

MagicRat
05-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Did they say anything on TNT about Fred's elbow that allegedly hit Prince? In the replay it looked like it missed him by a foot.....

Spicoli
05-13-2005, 10:51 AM
Did they say anything on TNT about Fred's elbow that allegedly hit Prince? In the replay it looked like it missed him by a foot.....

Nope they didn't mention a word. And I noticed the same thing you did. That was one of the best acting jobs by Prince I've ever seen.

Doug
05-13-2005, 10:55 AM

Agreed. I would have loved to see that one in slow mo. I'm pretty sure Fred didn't even touch him.

Stryder
05-13-2005, 11:13 AM
During the Suns game the other night, they did replay the Flagrant call against Stackhouse, with both announcers saying that it should NOT have been called a flagrant.

That was a ridiculous call. Stackhouse went for the ball and made minimal contact. The referees bit the big one there.

Anthem
05-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Agreed on the Fred elbow. But then I didn't think Hunter got AJ in the face either.

But yeah, it looked like Prince got knocked over by the air rushing past Fred's elbow.

heywoode
05-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Agreed on the Fred elbow. But then I didn't think Hunter got AJ in the face either.

But yeah, it looked like Prince got knocked over by the air rushing past Fred's elbow.

My first thought on the Fred elbow was that Fred didn't go over and make sure he was okay in good sportsmanship, so I assumed it was a great acting job....If Fred had elbowed him, he would've been cool about it.

Not sure about Hunter and AJ, but AJ's eye sure didn't look red or anything.....

Graywolf_59
05-13-2005, 04:00 PM
That's why we need the WB4 coverage :)Screw Stern and his(PC_NBA crap).....Call it like it is.....We need Slick and Clark calling the Tube game's!:)