PDA

View Full Version : They are talking about us on Rats

Unclebuck
05-12-2005, 11:23 PM
For entertainment purposes only. I did not realize whoever defended Ron got banned. How did I slip through the cracks. Boy that Hicks guy sounds like a real jerk

Enjoy

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106145

JOneal7
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2005

Who's on Pacersdigest here?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was...but was banned because of some bs...The owner had some grudge against me...
who here is on there?

JOneal7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was on there for a week until i found this place, didnt really post, just wanted to see what people were saying.

itgoesbuzz

I was there when they first started but the power of the admins quickly went to their heads. It's not a good Pacer discussion site imho.

Golgac1

Yeah. I registered there, but never posted anything and rarely visit anymore. A few of the posters make decent observations, but, I'm not quite sure why, but too many people over there annoy me.

Plus, I like having the fans of other teams here. I just wish the trolls would leave.

Cudeigra

yes the admins over there let the power go to their head. Esp. Hicks...And sad thing is that's all he does. He didn't setup or pay for the site.
They have cliques...and if you arent in them...then your an outcast...

Yeah, it's funny how they started that board because they were tired of the over zealous admin that used to be here. Now the place is run by Hicks, who is wildly over zealous.

I've seen him toss many a person for no good reason and give them no chance to discuss the matter.

Over zealous? Yes.

Very strong clique? Yes.

Yeah, Don't defend ron over there. Or your tossed...if you don't agree with them...then it's over...they tossed a bunch of good posters due to the fact they "Challenged" their authority....
Hicks is just power hungry

JOneal7

For what it is worth I visit both sites and each has its positives and negatives.
If you want amusement due to troll involvement this is the place to be.
I laugh with some of the things posted. There are good posters here.
I do believe exellent discussion is present on digest and I really like some of
the insight posters have there. If you go postal on someone at digest you
probably will be banned and that is fine. Keep it civil as it should be here.

owl

I mainly go to PD to read Peck & UncleBuck's posts. Former posters here whose opinions I always found interesting. I like to get their take on things.

Don't post much there. Just hard to break into a new board. I'm used to this one.

GO BIG RED

I post there, and i'm not in any cliques...I see plenty of Artest posts from both "trade him" and "keep him" camps.

Bottom line...if you want troll free posting...go there. Many posters there also post here, and some of the same threads exist in both places. If you can work your way around the trolls, then post here.

I get tired of people coming here to complain about PD. If you read the one-sided posts of those that get banned from there...it's always the same complaint..."oh, Hicks is a jerk"..."They just don't like me over there so they banned me". If you got banned, it was for good reason. Don't go blaming someone else. You don't have to admit anything here...you only have to be honest with yourself.

I will also mention that the mods over there OWN the site! It's theirs! They can ban you for no reason at all, and they have to answer to no one! If that bothers you, then why even put any more thought to the site? Why not just leave and go somewhere that you enjoy?!?!
Let me offer an analogy...you came to my house, and I let you in. Then later on, I decided to throw you out...it doesn't matter what reason I give you...I could have not liked something you said...I could have taken a dislike to your shoes...or the car you drove up in...all pointless reasons...but it doesn't matter...IT'S MY HOUSE!!! Same thing there. There's no reason to go to the neighbors and complain about my kicking you out...just go somewhere else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat
I post there, and i'm not in any cliques...I see plenty of Artest posts from both "trade him" and "keep him" camps.

Bottom line...if you want troll free posting...go there. Many posters there also post here, and some of the same threads exist in both places. If you can work your way around the trolls, then post here.

I get tired of people coming here to complain about PD. If you read the one-sided posts of those that get banned from there...it's always the same complaint..."oh, Hicks is a jerk"..."They just don't like me over there so they banned me". If you got banned, it was for good reason. Don't go blaming someone else. You don't have to admit anything here...you only have to be honest with yourself.

I will also mention that the mods over there OWN the site! It's theirs! They can ban you for no reason at all, and they have to answer to no one! If that bothers you, then why even put any more thought to the site? Why not just leave and go somewhere that you enjoy?!?!

I wasn't banned and they pretty much (most of the admins not the posters) are jerks. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgac1
I wasn't banned and they pretty much (most of the admins not the posters) are jerks. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

it doesn't hurt my feelings in the least...I'm not bothered by any of it, other than people coming here to complain about being banned...don't put words in my mouth.

you have every right to think the mods there are jerks...you also have every right to leave when you want...or keep posting there. It's your choice.

Send--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
it doesn't hurt my feelings in the least...I'm not bothered by any of it, other than people coming here to complain about being banned...don't put words in my mouth.

you have every right to think the mods there are jerks...you also have every right to leave when you want...or keep posting there. It's your choice.

Uh Gee ya think. Let the original poster get some feelings off his chest. He just wanted to rant a little. It's no big deal.

Golgac1

I was the friggin former Most Fanatic Poster of the year...they banned me because I challenged hicks.
Don't defend your team either...or you will be banned. They HATE people who try showing them up or saying there opinion is wrong.

JOneal7

Quote:

He also has every right to complain about the moderators or posters there. So, feel free to be bothered, but the nice thing about this site is that we don't have to care.

Cudeigra

Tinsleyfan11
05-12-2005, 11:34 PM
LOL!

brichard
05-12-2005, 11:39 PM
why does everybody call it Rats?

Unclebuck
05-12-2005, 11:40 PM
why does everybody call it Rats?

Star backwards is Rats.

Will Galen
05-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Hey Buck! They now have a post over there talking about your post over here. So I thought I would make a post talking about them talking about you talking about them.

Bball
05-12-2005, 11:45 PM
It is a sad day when there is a rivalry between message boards for fans of the same team!

-Bball

indytoad
05-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Didn't JO7 get unbanned later on? Or was that someone else?

I'm not sure how Bball and Peck and UB have managed to post for so long, what with no allowance for differing opinions. Or maybe it's not allowing personal attacks.

Nah, that couldn't be it.

IndyToad
Why am I even commenting on this discussion?

Harmonica
05-12-2005, 11:46 PM
JOneal7 is an angry little fella.

indytoad
05-12-2005, 11:48 PM
JOneal7 is an angry little fella.

I guess JO didn't give him a headband at the last game or something.

IndyToad
Go to the top of the page

Bball
05-12-2005, 11:48 PM
Didn't JO7 skirt close to some insenstive comments (racism) leading to his fall from grace?

-Bball

Spicoli
05-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Is there some sort of mandate that says we have to go through this Rats vs. PD exercise every 2 months or so? :rolleyes:

grace
Didn't JO7 skirt close to some insenstive comments (racism) leading to his fall from grace?

-Bball

:wave: Could you please come up with another way to make your point? If you don't I'm going to have to change my screen name.

Yuk. I feel so dirty.:shudder::puke::shudder:puke::suicide:

MSA2CF
:laugh: It's sad in a way. They actually believe they did nothing inappropriate for their banishment(s)...Oh, well. Maybe someday...

Shade
05-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Meh. If they want to believe JONeal7's one-sided rants, that's their perogative. It's just odd that he posted this now, considering he's been banned for several weeks now. Seems to me that he and Sassan are basically complaining to the RATS forum that they're forced to post over there... :crazy:

Tinsleyfan11
05-12-2005, 11:57 PM
This is all funny.I don't understand why they got banned i have been viewing this board for like a year now and i think you guys were a little un fair to sassan and Jo 7.

Hicks
05-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Damn. I'm a real *******. I sure hate everyone that is a real Pacers fan, that much is clear. Unclebuck, since I'm tired, I'll ban you tomorrow morning instead of right now; so get your posts in now while you can. ;)

Some still seem confused over why certain members aren't around anymore. If they really don't know, give me a PM and I'll do my best to explain.

In the meantime, I have to get back to eating babies, worshiping satan, and re-arranging all my nazi paraphernalia in between sniping at real pacer fans who ride together.....

grace
05-12-2005, 11:58 PM
Is there some sort of mandate that says we have to go through this Rats vs. PD exercise every 2 months or so? :rolleyes:

Maybe so. Every time someone brings up the brawl or talks about Bender I think I'll try to stir up some trouble between us and the RATS.

Suaveness
05-12-2005, 11:59 PM
Gotta love the fact that people take things way too personally.

Tinsleyfan11
05-13-2005, 12:00 AM
Why do you guys got so much beef with that Forum just send a treaty to them or maybe you guys can ban all the trolls and merge and make a huge Pacer forum just a thought.

Hicks
05-13-2005, 12:04 AM
This is all funny.I don't understand why they got banned i have been viewing this board for like a year now and i think you guys were a little un fair to sassan and Jo 7.

And after some background checking, now I know why you've been saying this, and why you seemed familiar. Hello and goodbye, RM8325.

*edit* And, judging by the legibility of the post, I'm guessing another loaner to Sassan.

Hicks
05-13-2005, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't swear to it but didn't he start calling people like Jay (he's the one I remember - us non-Pacer fans got to stick together) of being racist because he wasn't a Ron supporter and said something positive about Foster.

At least I remember a thread where someone went off calling people racists 3-4 times.

They've called people racist, they've (mainly JO7) acted racist, acted homophobic, been extremely rude/vulgar to other posters over disagreements, and otherwise been damned obnoxious.

Each received at least 2 "2nd chances" to shape up, and each time they reverted to form within a week or two.

Funny how they always seem to "forget" that part when they cry on RATS about the other admins and myself.

Unclebuck
05-13-2005, 12:09 AM
He he he

Hicks
05-13-2005, 12:10 AM
He he he

You're loving this just a little too much. :D

SoupIsGood
05-13-2005, 12:23 AM
:(

RM8345, you had potential, man. I didn't mind reading your posts, as about half my friends type in the same way. Plus you were funny, and incredibly ethusiastic. What happened?

Please, just stop with this crap!

grace
05-13-2005, 12:25 AM
I'm just a big pacer fan...banned for nothing...cause I mentioned the favortism going on towards people on the site. Hicks can't stand people challenging him...

Hicks, I hereby challenge you to a :girlfight

Come on, give me your best shot. :boxer:

Hicks
05-13-2005, 12:30 AM
Hicks, I hereby challenge you to a :girlfight

Come on, give me your best shot. :boxer:

:sumo:

:maniac:

SoupIsGood
05-13-2005, 12:30 AM
I liked when JO7 said something about opinions being wrong.

Hicks
05-13-2005, 12:31 AM
And, just because I love this phrase:

AND 1 mother****ers!!!!!!!!!!!11111111one

grace
05-13-2005, 12:42 AM
:sumo:

:spitout: :lmao: :lol2:

:giveup:

:zip: to post on RATS board

Hicks is a big fat dodo head.:bawl:

Edit: All you people out there who didn't vote for me as Most Humorous Poster are probably regretting that now aren't you.:tongue:

Harmonica
05-13-2005, 02:42 AM
Ah, I see one of my posts got deleted again. Listen whomever, that was simply a test to see if grace possessed self-deprecating humor—the ability to laugh at one's self. No need to delete.

RWB
05-13-2005, 08:37 AM
All I know is Spicoli got me banned from the RATS. Not for turning me in but causing me to have a potty mouth there. Did I ever say thank you Mr. Spicoli? If not, I love you man (in a brother sort of way). ;)

Spicoli
05-13-2005, 10:02 AM
All I know is Spicoli got me banned from the RATS. Not for turning me in but causing me to have a potty mouth there. Did I ever say thank you Mr. Spicoli? If not, I love you man (in a brother sort of way). ;)

:blush:

Sorry 'bout that. Stupid Celtic fans tend to get me riled up a bit. I still can't get in over there, either. Every time I try, I'm canned within 10 minutes.

Someday I will get over it.

pollardfreek
05-13-2005, 10:21 AM
http://guide.supereva.com/rap_e_hip_hop/myimg/112596_1.jpg

Oh snaps, looks like we're having a good ol' fashioned board war. I'll go get my street sweeper. :D

Diamond Dave
05-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Ah, I see one of my posts got deleted again. Listen whomever, that was simply a test to see if grace possessed self-deprecating humor—the ability to laugh at one's self. No need to delete.

I actually saw it before it was deleted. I was gonna comment on it, but it was deleted and rightfully so. Perhaps you should stop administering tests, especially ones that are inconsiderate and rude.

RWB
05-13-2005, 11:59 AM
:blush:

Sorry 'bout that. Stupid Celtic fans tend to get me riled up a bit. I still can't get in over there, either. Every time I try, I'm canned within 10 minutes.

Someday I will get over it.

No problem my friend. We were a little hard on that troll I guess. I kind of felt sorry later for apparently causing so much pain to them we needed to be kicked off. :devil:

Spicoli
05-13-2005, 12:04 PM
No problem my friend. We were a little hard on that troll I guess. I kind of felt sorry later for apparently causing so much pain to them we needed to be kicked off. :devil:

That troll is probably still going around poking holes in his mom/sister's diaphragm. :arrgh:

:shakehead

Kegboy
05-13-2005, 01:36 PM
worshiping satan

I knew you were a McKey fan! :-p

Harmonica
05-13-2005, 01:57 PM
I actually saw it before it was deleted. I was gonna comment on it, but it was deleted and rightfully so. Perhaps you should stop administering tests, especially ones that are inconsiderate and rude.

It wasn't rude or inconsiderate at all. I know how it was intended and if someone possesses a keen sense of humor, then they certainly have the ability to laugh at themselves. Something you might want to work on. I'm sure grace can handle herself and can easily deflect a harmless remark. Or she could have simply ignored it. Perhaps you should stop administering advice, especially when your opinion isn't asked for.

And before a moderator deletes this or warns me, understand that I've never engaged DD on this forum, but he seems to like to take cheap shots at me from time to time without provocation.

Deadshot
05-13-2005, 02:18 PM
I wouldn't worry about it (as I know everyone here won't). Most of everything said there was ridiculous.

However, I will say that I have noticed some cliques here, but those are hard to prevent on any messageboard. The members with the longest tenures seem to form an inseparable bond, but that ultimately leads to a tighter knit community. I will admit though, there are times when I feel left out, but I don't know why.

Anyway, Hicks, able, etc - don't let the RATS ranting get you down. Everyone here appreciates the hard work you put into this site. I'm thankful I have a place to engage in intelligent coversation regarding the Pacers and basketball in general.

Harmonica
05-13-2005, 02:21 PM
I will admit though, there are times when I feel left out, but I don't know why.

Thought you might need this...

:hug:

Hicks
05-13-2005, 03:48 PM
It doesn't bother me; hasn't for a long time. It used to, back in the early days, but between RATS having gone down hill so much, no one I care about posting there anymore, and the fact that I've grown up about it, it rolls off my back pretty easily now.

Now I just think it's funny when posts like that crop up telling one-sided tales of my sinister methods.

Hicks
05-13-2005, 03:54 PM
And before a moderator deletes this or warns me, understand that I've never engaged DD on this forum, but he seems to like to take cheap shots at me from time to time without provocation.

It's the fact that a lot of your jokes/humor come across as the exact same thing that some of your posts disappear.

They come across as mean-spirited, not friendly. If that changes, so will the response, but in the meantime things probably won't change much.

Knucklehead Warrior
05-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Hicks and Able and all you guys........

Thanks for running this board. I really like it here. I go over to rats, but never post, and I always need to wash afterwards.

Those guys don't understand that yelling "fire" in a movie theater isn't free speech. Unfortunately the internet has provided a forum for all those who, if they acted like that in person, would get beat up a lot. "Disagree without being disagreeable" is the antithesis of their intellect.

I am not a jo7 or sassan fan and they're both free to spew their venom elsewhere. Those poor victims. :( Here's a smilie because I can't communicate without one. :-p

kerosene
05-13-2005, 05:55 PM
btown is the funny one, the rest of us are dicks

Deadshot
05-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Thought you might need this...

:hug:

Kegboy
05-14-2005, 11:24 PM
I will admit though, there are times when I feel left out, but I don't know why.

It's not personal, it's just, you know, we can't fit everybody into Rat's van.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/hatervan2.jpg

I think Btown might still have some room, though.

http://www.spilky.com/bo/van/P0005963.jpg

I'm sure you guys can ride together. :flirt:

SoupIsGood
05-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Btown has stolen my candy-man van! You :censored: !

:o

Kegboy
05-14-2005, 11:46 PM
Btown has stolen my candy-man van! You :censored: !

:o

Yep, he was jealous you won award when he can't even be nominated. He's really quite sad, you know.

Kegboy
05-15-2005, 12:03 AM
I've got all that free candy to console me..........want some?

:eyebrow:

I would, but I found out a few minutes I'm only 26% gay, so I'll pass.

Hicks
05-15-2005, 12:40 AM
Forget candy.

I've got some popcicles down in m' cellar. Mmm, mmm. I love popcicles. Call me!

grace
05-15-2005, 11:16 AM
I would, but I found out a few minutes I'm only 26% gay, so I'll pass.

Look at your avitar and convince us you're only 26% gay.

MagicRat
05-15-2005, 01:19 PM

Not to mention this:
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/kbvp.jpg

I demand a re-test!......

Anthem
05-15-2005, 01:27 PM

I'd think, since you sit next to him in the games, you'd know which way he swung. Wouldn't he pay more attention to the game and less to the cheerleaders? Or is it a front?

grace
05-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Not to mention this:

Note from a dead woman: I hope Kegboy has forgotten all about The Shout Box or I won't be around to see Reggie's last game.

Kegboy
05-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Not to mention this:

I demand a re-test!......

This reminds me of how much I miss Christopher. :love: