PDA

View Full Version : Did you see Reggies comments re: Tiger Woods? I also have Pollard Questions.

brichard
05-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Did anybody see Reggie saying he is "approacing the game like Tiger Woods?" He said Tiger just knows that the first day is one day. It is a good time to get a lay of the land etc. He all but said he couldn't care less that they had lost game 1 and almost implied that it was by design. Part of this could be true and part could be getting in to the heads of the Pistons a bit.

I was in my car today listening to Dan Patrick and he mentioned Reggie might be on. Did anybody hear what he had to say... that is of course if he actually called in.

Why do you guys think Pollard has seen no minutes. Clearly last night he didn't play b/c Foster was incredible. However, I think Rick is holding him back a bit as a trump card. Pollard isn't likely to win a game by himself, but he is a nice player on the bench to give to the Wallaces. He certainly isn't shy and as we have seen... he won't back down.

Bball
05-12-2005, 09:04 PM
Why do you guys think Pollard has seen no minutes. Clearly last night he didn't play b/c Foster was incredible. However, I think Rick is holding him back a bit as a trump card. Pollard isn't likely to win a game by himself, but he is a nice player on the bench to give to the Wallaces. He certainly isn't shy and as we have seen... he won't back down.

Pollard didn't play because Carlisle knows the Pacers will take Detroit and he wants him fresh for Miami ;)

I think your explanation is probably closer to the truth.

-Bball
:gopacers:

Isaac
05-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Im glad Pollard isnt getting minutes. I'm sure he provides comic relief for the players in the locker room, but every time he gets on the court i get really nervous...

grace
05-12-2005, 10:59 PM
After yesterday's debacle of waiting an hour and a half for Rick to be on I wouldn't wait around to hear Reggie again. As much as I love Reggie I can't stand the way he sucks up to Dan. Makes me :shudder::puke:

Unclebuck
05-12-2005, 11:09 PM
I've said this before, but I don't think players like Pollard will be successful against the quickness of the Pistons.

brichard
05-12-2005, 11:34 PM
I've said this before, but I don't think players like Pollard will be successful against the quickness of the Pistons.

Wasn't he semi-successful in our previous meeting with the Pistons? I'm not sure I'd see putting him on Sheed, who can take you out to the 3 pt. line, but why couldn't he guard Ben? Ben rarely shoots (w/ the exception of Game 1) and he certainly isn't a threat away from the basket.

Somebody defending Ben needs to lay a body on him. Pollard also will set screens on the offensive end and chase down his share of loose balls. Against Boston I think Pollard wasn't as necessary, but I think he was made to play with a team like a Pistons. As a matter of fact, I'm struggling to think of a team he isn't better suited to play against IMHO.

Hicks
05-12-2005, 11:40 PM

I thought he played well in March.....

DisplacedKnick
05-12-2005, 11:52 PM

I tend to agree with you though he did manage to get under Ben's skin.

grace
05-13-2005, 12:10 AM
Any time Pollard doesn't play I always assume it's because his back is bad.

rabid
05-13-2005, 12:27 AM
An injury makes sense. He played well during the bomb threat game, and he could get a few quality minutes in against Ben depending on the defensive scheme.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him later in the series.

Anthem
05-13-2005, 01:03 AM
He's got to be quicker than Dale...

grace
05-13-2005, 01:09 AM
He's got to be quicker than Dale...

Not when he's hurt. When Scot's back is really bad he can hardly make it from the bench to the scorers' table.

Drewtone
05-13-2005, 08:11 AM
If the series wears on, I'd think we'd throw him in to platoon fresh bodies to try to wear out their bigs.

The only thing I'd love to see would be for Pollard to get in the last couple of minutes during our 4th win just so he could get in Wallace's mug and say , "What!? What!?"

kerosene
05-13-2005, 06:01 PM
Tiger missed the cut today :|