PDA

View Full Version : Writerman callout

bmac
05-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Back in the day @Indystar,Writerman used to be the resident crank that I enjoyed reading. Hated Artest and swore he would be the downfall of the Pacers organization. Anybody know if he's around under a different name?

Drewtone
05-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Wow.. I'd forgotten about him. Didn't he check out about the same time as New Yawk (thanks be to god for that one!!!)???

bmac
05-11-2005, 11:20 PM
New Yawk wasn't as thought out as Writerman. Dude could write some posts even if they were cranky.

Harmonica
05-11-2005, 11:23 PM
I believe Writerman left here in a huff over some misunderstanding or another. He seems to be a wee bit oversensitive.

Jermaniac
05-11-2005, 11:24 PM
I see him post on Real GM all the time, probably the most hated Pacers fan on that board

DisplacedKnick
05-11-2005, 11:25 PM
He's a friggin' idiot. Entirely useless.

Bball
05-11-2005, 11:30 PM
He came here (PD) when it was relatively new and then went over to a Spurs board and stirred the pot about something and then wanted 'us' (The PD forum collective) to come over there and defend him. I think most of us went over there and took a look and thought "We're not defending a troll" (because IMHO he was in the wrong and getting what he deserved) and left it alone. He got mad because nobody would get his back and left here in a hissy fit. I don't remember seeing him here again.

Didn't he change his name at the Star forum to something like "Bryhennien"?

-Bball

Natston
05-11-2005, 11:31 PM
I believe that he's not only a member of the "Teen Digest Hater" brigade, but the president as well...

circlecitysportsfan
05-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Like jerm said he posts on realgm.....embarrassment to all pacer fans.

Shade
05-11-2005, 11:33 PM
He came here (PD) when it was relatively new and then went over to a Spurs board and stirred the pot about something and then wanted 'us' (The PD forum collective) to come over there and defend him. I think most of us went over there and took a look and thought "We're not defending a troll" (because IMHO he was in the wrong and getting what he deserved) and left it alone. He got mad because nobody would get his back and left here in a hissy fit. I don't remember seeing him here again.

Didn't he change his name at the Star forum to something like "Bryhennien"?

-Bball

Yup. That name change was after he was banned at RATS. I think (may be wrong) he got canned again. I VERY rarely lurk at RATS anymore, so I'm not completely sure. I hear him called out on RealGM from time to time.

abington
05-11-2005, 11:45 PM
i'm glad he is gone. just a little too bitter. and a little too much of the chauncey-im-right-about-everything attitude.

Anthem
05-12-2005, 12:15 AM
I liked him. He cracked me up.

You could always set him off with a well-timed slam at Wilt...

Pacerized
05-12-2005, 12:21 AM
I guess I'd be in the minority, but I enjoyed reading most of his post on the Star board.

SoupIsGood
05-12-2005, 12:25 AM
I read him a lot over at RealGM.

He is incredibly homeristic, and borders on trolldom, IMO. (Although many would argue he crossed the border some time ago, I think)

Harmonica
05-12-2005, 12:27 AM
He's a friggin' idiot. Entirely useless.

Yeah, because we're all changing the world by posting here, eh?

Natston
05-12-2005, 12:49 AM

Slowly but surely. Take Peck as an example, he kept asking for Dale to come back and sure enough... ;)

Bball
05-12-2005, 12:56 AM

1 post at a time....

;)

-Bball

Diamond Dave
05-12-2005, 12:59 AM
Slowly but surely. Take Peck as an example, he kept asking for Dale to come back and sure enough... ;)

Then I figure I got about one more season of asking Jon Bender to leave, and it should work.

Not bloody likely, old :whistle: is here forever.

Bball
05-12-2005, 01:30 AM
Then I figure I got about one more season of asking Jon Bender to leave, and it should work.

Not bloody likely, old :whistle: is here forever.

You've given me an idea....

Imagine THIS booming from the PA:
"All right Pacer People... give it up for Boomer-Bowser-Bender and the Pacer Power Pack!"

Let's just 'reassign' Bender to be one of our mascots!

-Bball

Harmonica
05-12-2005, 01:45 AM
Let's just 'reassign' Bender to be one of our mascots!

I love that idea. Get him to earn his pay one way or another. I can hear Bender now, "Popcorn, peanuts, Crackerjacks!"

Hoop
05-12-2005, 02:58 AM
I guess I'd be in the minority, but I enjoyed reading most of his post on the Star board.
Me too. He got alittle caried away at times, but he seems to realy love the Pacers.

Bball
05-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Now that I think about it, the thing about Writerman was he'd always argue with people about different Pacer game points when he'd not actually seen the game!

The discussion would go on for a couple of pages before one of the posters that knew that Writerman was rarely able to watch a game and was probably basing his argument on the game stats would ask point blank: "Did you even see the game?" Then he'd reply "No, but I will when I get the tapes in a couple of weeks" ....Too funny! :lol:

-Bball

Anthem
05-12-2005, 03:40 AM
I'd forgotten that. That's great.

cramerica
05-12-2005, 06:00 AM
I didn't care to much for his post. Seemed he was always on the rag.

DisplacedKnick
05-12-2005, 07:38 AM

I take it you've never read any of his posts on Muslims.

indygeezer
05-12-2005, 08:07 AM
Actually, I enjoyed debating with him about all kinds of topics. Politically he was very conservative, even moreso than myself, so we had some good discussions there too. But at one time Uncle Buck and I fought him tooth and nail over Artest. He hated Ron almost from the git-go. UB and I defended Ron thru everything, until I moved to the "dark side" this time last year.

Harmonica
05-12-2005, 09:40 AM
I take it you've never read any of his posts on Muslims.

Nope. What did he have to say about Muslims?

DisplacedKnick
05-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Nope. What did he have to say about Muslims?

He met one once when he was younger, now he hates them all.

Anthem
05-12-2005, 11:56 AM
He met one once when he was younger, now he hates them all.

Dated one, if I remember correctly.

Fool
05-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Wow, I just responded to this guy on RealGM. I didn't recall seeing him before. He's trolling the Piston board there as I type.

naptownmenace
05-12-2005, 01:18 PM
I don't miss "Bitterman" at all. He was the first ignoramus I ever put on ignore.

If you like listening to a bitter old man pine about the days of yore, while making insensitive racial and ethnic remarks - Writerman is your kind of guy. :rolleyes:

Spicoli
05-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Writerman was a self-absorbed douche.

NewType
05-12-2005, 01:22 PM
IIRC, he's from Ohio, or at least he lives in Ohio now.

Anthem
05-12-2005, 01:22 PM
Wow, I just responded to this guy on RealGM. I didn't recall seeing him before. He's trolling the Piston board there as I type.

I just went over to RealGM, and am now more stupider for having done so.

indytoad
05-12-2005, 01:25 PM
I dunno, I enjoyed reading writerman, he was pretty crazy but the arguments he ended up getting into with pretty much everybody were always entertaining, in a Jerry Springer kind of way. Same went for NewYawk and Chauncey. I preferred them over Sassan and JO7 mainly because their posts at least had a facade of rational thought most of the time.

IndyToad
It's mashed potato time

DisplacedKnick
05-12-2005, 01:28 PM
I don't miss "Bitterman" at all. He was the first ignoramus I ever put on ignore.

If you like listening to a bitter old man pine about the days of yore, while making insensitive racial and ethnic remarks - Writerman is your kind of guy. :rolleyes:

That sums it up rather nicely.

Harmonica
05-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Who was the racist clown that mixed it up with Marion County? Was that Writerman as well?

FireTheCoach
05-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Now that I think about it, the thing about Writerman was he'd always argue with people about different Pacer game points when he'd not actually seen the game!

The discussion would go on for a couple of pages before one of the posters that knew that Writerman was rarely able to watch a game and was probably basing his argument on the game stats would ask point blank: "Did you even see the game?" Then he'd reply "No, but I will when I get the tapes in a couple of weeks" ....Too funny! :lol:

-Bball

LOL.... yeah, thats Writerman for ya.,

He had a "friend" in Detroit that would tape the games and send him copies. LOL..... that dude was so full of *****. I rarely believed a word he wrote.

NewYawk was just about the same way. Saw about 5 Pacer games a year yet had all the answers.

I couldn't stand either one of them and I told them so many times.

ftc

jfisher
05-12-2005, 09:56 PM
I just liked the way he'd keep the board going during the summer.....he'd always have something to say to set everyone off......So as long as we're bringing up some of his old postings, how about when he said the only reason Isiah Thomas wasnt playing Croshere was because, "he was a white guy?" And he said it with such emotional CONVICTION!!! Those were some of my best Writerman memories.......

SoupIsGood
05-13-2005, 12:28 AM
I just went over to RealGM, and am now more stupider for having done so.

Yup.

I go there just for quick glances of what other teams think, but always come away realizing it isn't worth knowing what most of the posters there think....

Bball
05-13-2005, 12:38 AM
NewYawk was just about the same way. Saw about 5 Pacer games a year yet had all the answers.

I couldn't stand either one of them and I told them so many times.

ftc

I never had a problem with New Yawk. He seemed like a well-mannered, polite, and educated young man. [waiting for lightning to strike me]

-Bball