PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* ah well, another game, another night...

Kstat
05-11-2005, 10:28 PM
The Pacers kicked our asses tonight. Rasheed should take personal blame for not boxing out foster. That was disgraceful. Our entire team got out-worked, outhustled, and out-rebounded.

Oh well, thats life.

And if I see lindsey Hunter out ever again there instead of arroyo, i'm personally breaking BOTH of his legs. Larry, I love you man, but you were the worst piston tonight. You made some of the worst coaching decisions I've EVER seen you make.

I suppose we needed the wakeup call. I'm glad we learned a lesson tonight. We took our foot of the gas, and we got burned. Just give credit where credit is due, don't cry like a little girl about the referees, and move on.

Looking forward to game 3. That will be fun. We're the world champs for a reason, and we'll show why on Friday. I'm very confident of that. I'm also confident Rasheed will get so embarrassed by this that he'll give a more inspired performance.

Hoop
05-11-2005, 10:35 PM
:bored:

Los Angeles
05-11-2005, 10:36 PM
I can only say - without overzealous glee - "Bring it on."

I look forward to game 3 too.

MSA2CF
05-11-2005, 10:37 PM
We're in the 2nd round for a reason, and we'll show why on Friday.

:-p

Jermaniac
05-11-2005, 10:37 PM
:bored:

brichard
05-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Sheed is one of the most interesting players. I think like so many, he has not even come close to reaching his potential. He has all of the talent and athletic gifts in the world, but he needs to get ticked off to get it going.

Ah well, I'm glad he didn't get it going tonight.

I can't imagine the Pistons playing any worse than they did tonight. That is a concern for me, b/ unfortunately I'm sure you will bounce back.

shags
05-11-2005, 10:43 PM
I can't imagine the Pistons playing any worse than they did tonight. That is a concern for me, b/ unfortunately I'm sure you will bounce back.

As a Piston fan, that's the thing I'm holding on to.

I don't even think the Pacers played great. They were good, real solid, but nothing spectacular. They only shot 39%.

But my god, after the first quarter, the Pistons were just terrible. They completely got outworked and outcompeted. Part of that (and maybe more than I'm willing to admit) was due to Indiana, but, like you, I can't imagine the Pistons playing worse than they did in the final 3 quarters.

I hope anyway, because if they can't, it'll be 3 more games and done for Detroit.

Kstat
05-11-2005, 10:43 PM
the most distressing thing to me so far is that rasheed has 0 technical fouls. He needs to find an enemy. SOmeone, ANYONE.

Ragnar
05-11-2005, 10:45 PM
I do think the Pistons did not play their best game but neither did the Pacers. You pointed out that the Pacers shot poorly. They can and will shoot better than this.

Bball
05-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Where's that Kstat meter I was wanting?

-Bball

bmac
05-11-2005, 10:47 PM
the most distressing thing to me so far is that rasheed has 0 technical fouls. He needs to find an enemy. SOmeone, ANYONE.

David Harrison is available.

brichard
05-11-2005, 10:48 PM

I don't even think the Pacers played great. They were good, real solid, but nothing spectacular. They only shot 39%.

But my god, after the first quarter, the Pistons were just terrible. They completely got outworked and outcompeted. Part of that (and maybe more than I'm willing to admit) was due to Indiana, but, like you, I can't imagine the Pistons playing worse than they did in the final 3 quarters.

I hope anyway, because if they can't, it'll be 3 more games and done for Detroit.

Defenses deserve credit for disrupting play, but when somebody shoots lights out or another team is cold as ice... those are things that just happen. It didn't seem like you guys got the ball in Rip's hands very much tonight. He is the player I fear the most on the Pistons. The dude flat out scores anytime and anywhere.

Where I feel like the Pacers truely earned the victory tonight was just in flat out hustle. All 5 were going for the ball harder than I think I have seen them go all season. I'm not sure what was in the gatorade in the 2nd half, but I hope they bring it to Conseco.

bmac
05-11-2005, 10:50 PM

Switch "Pistons" w/"Pacers" and you have my sentiments exactly for the first 6 quarters of this series.

PacerMan
05-11-2005, 10:52 PM
David Harrison is available.

I WISH David Harrison was available.

shags
05-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Defenses deserve credit for disrupting play, but when somebody shoots lights out or another team is cold as ice... those are things that just happen. It didn't seem like you guys got the ball in Rip's hands very much tonight. He is the player I fear the most on the Pistons. The dude flat out scores anytime and anywhere.

Where I feel like the Pacers truely earned the victory tonight was just in flat out hustle. All 5 were going for the ball harder than I think I have seen them go all season. I'm not sure what was in the gatorade in the 2nd half, but I hope they bring it to Conseco.

I completely agree with you. There was a 6 or 8 minute stretch in the 3rd quarter where I thought the Pistons just quit competing, and the Pacers took advantage. Once the Pistons started competing somewhat, they couldn't throw it in the ocean, and the Pacers just out-executed them.

I just can't imagine the Pistons playing that poorly again. That stretch was possibly as badly as they played all season.

Lord Helmet
05-11-2005, 10:59 PM
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/kstatmeter.gif

MR posted it in the Rip thread yesterday or earlier today.............
:laugh:

shags
05-11-2005, 11:01 PM

:laugh:

PaceBalls
05-11-2005, 11:01 PM

It looked to me like Reggie and Sheed were really gettin into some smack talk before the 2nd half started. Reggie's hand gestures seemed to me like he was telling Sheed that he was flappin off his mouth too much.

Anyone else see that?

Kstat
05-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Definately down to "optimistic," now.

Sontayjuan
05-11-2005, 11:09 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hicks
05-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Definately down to "optimistic," now.

We'll win games 3 and 4. This was a wakeup call.

You sure?

ebroemel
05-11-2005, 11:10 PM
I am just as surprised as anyone, that the pacers came back tonight. They showed great heart.
The Pistons experienced some of the same frustration that the Pacers saw in game 1.
All of a sudden the shots aren't going down and the other team is out hustling you.
Reggie after getting exploited on defense in the first half, some big shots in the 4th quarter.
Now the series truly begins.
We must protect our home court and bring that same sense of urgency.
You know the Pistons are coming after us in game3.
Even so, this is a sweet victory for the Pacers, probably the most sweet of the season so far, especially considering how bleak it looked in the first quarter.
The Pacers, could have folded and just disappeared, but they showed their character again.
GO PACERS!!

Kstat
05-11-2005, 11:14 PM
You sure?

Are we getting in the habit of taking stuff I say on another board and posting it here?

Yeah, I'm confident we'll win in indiana, but saying that here would be taken the wrong way. I said as much in THIS thread, without actually saying it.

DisplacedKnick
05-11-2005, 11:15 PM
I'll be VERY interested to read what the national media has to say about this one.

Indiana isn't as wounded as they believe and the loss of Artest isn't as devastating as a lot of people think. Doesn't mean I'd pick them to win the series but I also don't think this was one final heroic moment before they fade away into oblivion either.

And I'm REALLY glad I got tix for Game 3 now - Conseco should just flat-out be jumping.

Bball
05-11-2005, 11:18 PM
LOL at the Kstat meter...

I was working on one, didn't know MR put his talents to it!

-Bball

Bball
05-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Another Kstat meter... how high can it go? :D

-Bball

MagicRat
05-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Are we getting in the habit of taking stuff I say on another board and posting it here?

Yeah, I'm confident we'll win in indiana, but saying that here would be taken the wrong way. I said as much in THIS thread, without actually saying it.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/kstatometer2.gif

ebroemel
05-11-2005, 11:34 PM
k-stat
if you are referring to my post (maybe not)
I assure you I don't look at what you or anyone else is posting on another board and regurgitate it. My posts are my own words and no one elses, I assure you.
By the way, I do appreciate the way that you show restraint when posting your messages on this board.
Until the game 3.......

Suaveness
05-11-2005, 11:35 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if we lost game 3 and 4. But great win nonetheless.

Bball
05-11-2005, 11:40 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if we split them or won them both either. Pacers are better than they get credit for and the Pistons are a very good experienced team. Neither will go quietly into the night.

Realistically, winning 3 straight is a monumental task... but fortunately they only play them one at a time.

-Bball

Hicks
05-11-2005, 11:41 PM

That's where I'm at. I can die happy, so to speak, about this season now that we've beaten them on their own floor in these playoffs. I want more, but I don't need more. Just don't let the Pacers think that way.

MagicRat
05-11-2005, 11:47 PM
And if I see lindsey Hunter out ever again there instead of arroyo, i'm personally breaking BOTH of his legs. Larry, I love you man, but you were the worst piston tonight. You made some of the worst coaching decisions I've EVER seen you make.

There have been a few callers ripping LB on the Rock Financial Pistons Tonight Post Game Show on the Farmer Jack Radio Network......

waterjater
05-12-2005, 12:10 AM
Wow, WOW..... I'm truly impressed with the resilience of this team. It looked really bleak early in the second, but we started playing defense and slowly began to see that we could stop them.

When the team Re-bought into defense wins, the offense started clicking. Funny how that works!!

Now we have a series! We need some people to start chanting Reggie Sucks and get him FIRED UP for game 3!

Pistons will come out on fire in game 3. We'll see how we handle the storm surge.

Water

flakcatcher
05-12-2005, 12:46 AM
Ebroemel--

Nice win tonight, no? BTW -- I think Kstat was referring to Hicks' post.

But tonight was a sweet, sweet win, was it not?

I'm going to the game on Friday. Amy bought us tickets. Birthday present.

We need to get together soon. Fo' real.

-Matt

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-12-2005, 03:49 AM
I'll be VERY interested to read what the national media has to say about this one.

Indiana isn't as wounded as they believe and the loss of Artest isn't as devastating as a lot of people think. Doesn't mean I'd pick them to win the series but I also don't think this was one final heroic moment before they fade away into oblivion either.

That's my pulse exactly. It's funny - get a good win and the media changes their tune - same with a bad loss. Should be interesting to see what's written.

I think that the Pacers are getting healthier as they go. They are adjusting and starting to click. Today's game has got to be a huge confidence builder.

Now, can they win in Conseco? Game three is gonna be BIG.

cramerica
05-12-2005, 05:43 AM
I said after game 1 that I was afraid that Sheed with 3-13 for 11 points and they still one. Then he started out 3-3 tonight and I was about to ***** my pants.

Sheed, Prince, Rip and Billups scare me the most in that order.

Speaking of Billups, man, has he been quiet or what? Where talking about the NBA Finals MVP last year and he's been like a mouse so far. Hope he keeps that up.

Harddrive7
05-12-2005, 08:10 AM
I like the fact that it wasn't one of those "fluke" wins to where it was just the Pistons missing the last shot to win. We flat out beat them on their home floor. We didn't give them any positives to take into game 3.

indygeezer
05-12-2005, 08:19 AM
Remember last series? Blow-out....win....win....blow-out I'm not sure how much of that an old man can handle.

But this reminds me of several years ago we were set to play the 6ers. Everybody was going off on us and predicting a 6er sweep and thetrash talk was THICK. Then we won game 1.....and I didn't care if we won another game the rest of the year. Shutting their mouths was just so sweet nothing else mattered from that point on. THis doesn't have that much sweetness to it but it's still sweet.

ABADays
05-12-2005, 08:49 AM
As cautiously optimistic as I am - I am very impressed we have won 4 games on the road in the playoffs.

Fool
05-12-2005, 09:02 AM
Speaking of Billups, man, has he been quiet or what? Where talking about the NBA Finals MVP last year and he's been like a mouse so far. Hope he keeps that up.

I think it was the third quarter when the Pistons went to him twice in a row and he backed his man down and hit a short jumper (the first one was easy, the second a bit harder as he was fading away a bit). After that, he only shot off balance three pointers and imitated Rip by driving into the lane a couple times and trying to pass out after he'd been surrounded by four guys. Historically however, Billups hasn't performed his best against the Pacers.

grace
05-12-2005, 09:34 AM

Don't blame Larry. I'm sure Gar Heard was whispering in his ear. :rolleyes:

Fool
05-12-2005, 10:32 AM
This post is simply to get my post count up one (I'm sure you will all undertand if you look at my post count).

3ptmiller
05-12-2005, 10:40 AM
Wait up Piston fans... dont hope to much, Reggie still didnt had a very good game against you.

DisplacedKnick
05-12-2005, 11:10 AM
This post is simply to get my post count up one (I'm sure you will all undertand if you look at my post count).

LOL! Don't want the :devil: to hang around too long.

We all had to go through it at one point or other.

Alabama-Redneck
05-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Did anyone notice the absence of "DEETROOOIIITTT BAAASSKKEEEEETTTBBBBAAALLLLL" after the first half ???

I thought the 2nd half was more in tune with what Detroit Basketball is all about than the 1st half. :laugh: :D

:cool:

SoupIsGood
05-12-2005, 05:04 PM
I said after game 1 that I was afraid that Sheed with 3-13 for 11 points and they still one. Then he started out 3-3 tonight and I was about to ***** my pants.

Sheed, Prince, Rip and Billups scare me the most in that order.

Ben Wallace scares me most. When he's on his game, his boardwork and defense can destroy us.