PDA

View Full Version : I know I have said this before but

Ragnar
05-11-2005, 10:27 PM
I dont ever want to hear anyone say Jeff is not a good rebounder again. :cool::applaud::champions:dj:

hoopsforlife
05-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Jeff should get the game ball. Reggie had his moments and JO had his but Jeff was the reason we won tonight. Yesssss

Mushmouth
05-11-2005, 10:36 PM
He should be starting Friday night too, not sure what he did to lose his starting job in the first place.

Mr. Pink
05-11-2005, 10:37 PM
20 rebounds...

AGAINST Benny, Rasheed, and McDysse!

That's pretty damn impressive!

MSA2CF
05-11-2005, 10:38 PM
20 rebounds...

AGAINST Benny, Rasheed, and McDysse!

That's pretty damn impressive!

Yeah, no excuses either. Jeff just outplayed 'em.

Ragnar
05-11-2005, 10:40 PM
He should be starting Friday night too, not sure what he did to lose his starting job in the first place.

In all fairness to Rick Jeff was a little hurt and that bothered his mobility. Dale was out-playing him and the rest helped him get healthy. That led to him being ready for this series.

Now of course I expect him to start the next game.

Bball
05-11-2005, 10:41 PM
It seems the concensus among those of us that thought Dale should start is that Foster would be better off the bench...

Maybe that is what we are seeing... just even more than expected?

-BBall

Hicks
05-11-2005, 10:42 PM
I think Jeff should stay on the bench, because it's WORKING this way. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Let Dale start the game, then Jeff comes in and takes over. He fights hard against their starting bigs, but will also get more time on their backups off the bench, when he can truly shine.

Ragnar
05-11-2005, 10:43 PM
It seems the concensus among those of us that thought Dale should start is that Foster would be better off the bench...

-BBall

I agreed with Dale starting before but Dale is tired and not getting the lift he needs. Jeff is healthy and him starting and limiting Dales minutes may get Dale enough rest to get his legs back.

DisplacedKnick
05-11-2005, 10:43 PM
In all fairness to Rick Jeff was a little hurt and that bothered his mobility. Dale was out-playing him and the rest helped him get healthy. That led to him being ready for this series.

Now of course I expect him to start the next game.

I'd stick with what you got - let him be a super sub.

MSA2CF
05-11-2005, 10:44 PM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Yes, the force is strong with this one...:evillaugh:

Pacerized
05-11-2005, 11:12 PM
The bottom line.
Jeff is still the best center on this team, and a top 5 center in the nba.
I still want Dale on the floor to start with Reggie. I think he sets better picks, and they understand each other. Beyond this year, I want Jeff to be our primary starter. Dale can come off the bench, and produce the same as Foster can.

Hicks
05-11-2005, 11:14 PM
The bottom line.
Jeff is still the best center on this team, and a top 5 center in the nba.

:laugh:

Drewtone
05-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Well, al I can say is:

Jeff Foster>Troy Murphy+Vonteego Cummings.... I hope we can put all the griping about that draft/trade behind us now.

purdue101
05-11-2005, 11:22 PM
besides reggie i think foster is the best on our team at moving without the ball. i can't count how many times he cut to the basket to make a play tonight.....he's also a great finisher around the hoop.

i think jeff should be on the floor at all times with tinsley, they seem to have great chemistry. we will not beat detroit in a series by taking contested outside jumpers with tinsley and jax. we need to have foster & jax cutting from the weakside to get those buckets and take pressure off j.o. on the strongside. tinsley is the man to deliver and from what i saw tonight, foster will finish.

i say start foster or at least keep him on the floor with tinsley the majority of the time.

Sontayjuan
05-11-2005, 11:23 PM
http://img95.echo.cx/img95/8755/fosters3za.jpg

Ragnar
05-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Ragnar, can I be Jeff Fosters agent?

I pulled my Foster jersey out right after the game, I felt silly for spending $120 on a authentic Foster jersey, but tonight he reminded me why i love his game.

Hmm well I have been acting as his agent as well but I guess you can take over so I can devote more of my time to Jamaal.:laugh:

Pacerized
05-11-2005, 11:43 PM
O.k. Hicks, we've brought this up earlier in the year. Name more then 5 starting centers that are clearly better then Jeff.

Shak, Yao, Ben, Miller, and maybe Z. I'd put Jeff at no worse then 6th. at the center position based upon his play before his last injury. I've never understood the lack of respect Jeff seems to get. He's not just a rebounder, he's a top notch starting caliber center. We're lucky to have him.

Hicks
05-12-2005, 12:01 AM
O.k. Hicks, we've brought this up earlier in the year. Name more then 5 starting centers that are clearly better then Jeff.

Shak, Yao, Ben, Miller, and maybe Z. I'd put Jeff at no worse then 6th. at the center position based upon his play before his last injury. I've never understood the lack of respect Jeff seems to get. He's not just a rebounder, he's a top notch starting caliber center. We're lucky to have him.

I respect Jeff Foster a lot. That doesn't mean I'm going to overrate him either.

Now, not all of these are CLEARLY better, but you can argue it.

Shaq. Yao. Brad. Big Z. Ben Wallace. Okafur. Dwight Howard. Jermaine O'Neal. Maybe Dampier... maybe. Amare Stoudemire. Dalembert. Eddy Curry. Jamal Magloire.

3-4 of those you could argue are PFs; still would be 7-8 others. And there are others you could at least argue he's no better than.

Bball
05-12-2005, 12:04 AM
I respect Jeff Foster a lot. That doesn't mean I'm going to overrate him either.

Shaq. Yao. Brad. Big Z. Ben Wallace. Okafur. Dwight Howard. Jermaine O'Neal. Maybe Dampier... maybe. Amare Stoudemire. Dalembert. Eddy Curry. Jamal Magloire.

3-4 of those you could argue are PFs; still would be 7-8 others. And there are others you could at least argue he's no better than.

Heck, you can argue Jeff's a PF....

-BBall

Natston
05-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Heck, you can argue Jeff's a PF....

-BBall

,JO is a C, and Brad Miller is a PF...

Pacerized
05-12-2005, 12:17 AM

I never really thought you disrespected Foster, but when looking only at players that start at the center postition (which Jeff did for most of the year), then he deserves to be viewed near the top. No, he isn't even close to being a top 10 big man, because there's more talent in the 4 right now, then at the 5.
I wouldn't agree with a lot of the players you list, but we can agree to disagree. I just don't think it's a joke to put Foster in the top bracket of starting centers.

skyfire
05-12-2005, 12:29 AM
Nobody in Australia drinks Fosters, almost all of their sales come from exports.

It is such a ****ty beer.

:puke:

skyfire
05-12-2005, 12:31 AM
Who cares whether he is a PF or C, he is a big man.
One of the best backup big men in the league.

SamBear
05-12-2005, 12:35 AM
Jeff was great tonight! Good game, good win! :applaud:

Ragnar
05-12-2005, 09:50 AM
Nobody in Australia drinks Fosters, almost all of their sales come from exports.

It is such a ****ty beer.

:puke:

Figures:laugh: They do a great job advertising here. Of course I have never actually tried one but I like the adds.

fwpacerfan
05-12-2005, 09:55 AM

-BBall

I agree. I like Jeff coming off the bench fresh while the hair bear gang is getting a little winded.

Does anyone know who #44 is? I saw him on the floor last night but I didn't hear his name mentioned!

ChicagoJ
05-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Jeff seems to finally be healthy enough to fill the role we all want him to be in - first big man off the bench.

Its interesting though, historically he'd make a great effort play and then waste it by throwing the ball away or bricking his layup/ putback/ FT attempts. Since DD's arrived, Jeff has learned to be much more effecient with the ball. He doesn't squander away as many of his 'great effort' plays as before.

And against the Pistons, every possession matters.

Ragnar
05-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Does anyone know who #44 is? I saw him on the floor last night but I didn't hear his name mentioned!

I think they said it was Austin Powers or something.

Alabama-Redneck
05-12-2005, 10:27 AM
I did not know who it was until I saw him play for about 30 seconds and then it was painfully familiar. :D

:cool:

fwpacerfan
05-12-2005, 11:45 AM
I think they said it was Austin Powers or something.

Oh that's right - I think he still hasn't found his 'Mojo.' I think he needs to get back in his car and time travel back to June of 2000 - I think he left it on the Staples Center court!