PDA

View Full Version : Time for O'Neal to step up

WAFollman
05-11-2005, 08:40 PM
These past 4 years I've watched every Pacer playoff game and I have yet to see Jermaine take the game into his hands, make a play that determine's the outcome late in the game, or force a team to adjust their game plan. For being a consensus all-star every year and the franchise player I think it's really time he has a big time performance, how bout now. Most people would say that O'Neal is better than Paul Pierce but Pierce puts fear into me when I'm playing them. O'Neal is amazingly unintimidating.

WAFollman
05-11-2005, 08:50 PM
I don't know if I can survive watching him miss anymore gimme shots in the lane. It's scary that a guy with his height, athleticism and experience consistently can't finish around the rim.

Ragnar
05-11-2005, 08:51 PM
SLAM DUNK THE BALL DAMNIT

Anthem
05-11-2005, 09:02 PM
I have yet to see Jermaine take the game into his hands, make a play that determine's the outcome late in the game, or force a team to adjust their game plan.

Then you weren't watching when he came back from his suspension.

WAFollman
05-11-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm talking about the playoffs. Jermaine just seems to put up numbers but seems to dissapear towards the end of the game.

Mr. Pink
05-11-2005, 10:33 PM
O'Neal is amazingly unintimidating.

It's that cute little face he has...:cool2:

WAFollman
05-12-2005, 12:09 AM
It's not his look or demeanor it's just when O'Neal gets the ball I don't think the other team is that worried, unlike when I see am always on edge when Hamilton, Pierce, Wade or someone like that gets one on one, it's scary. O'Neal's game just isn't that scary. He was huge tonight on defense though, if he guards the basket like that every game the Pacers will be a lot tougher to beat. He also knocked down a couple of key shots tonight which suprised me, but got the ball knocked a way from him by smaller players too much still.

Anthem
05-12-2005, 12:40 AM
When he beat his man at the end of the first, I saw that offensive foul coming a mile away.