PDA

View Full Version : PACERS PLAYOFF PARTY - This Friday after the game

pb777
05-11-2005, 03:42 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/acro1/daledavisprooffront.jpg

After the game it's the afterparty!! Come out and celebrate the Pacers' season thus far with the team. There will most likely be another party after the playoff run, so if you miss this one you'll have a chance to make the one after the season. Oh, and you know there will be dimepiece's everywhere!!!!

Since86
05-11-2005, 03:44 PM
They spelled Rasheed wrong.......

21 and over club?

pb777
05-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Rashid - LOL

yeah it's 21 and over to get in

Mr. Pink
05-11-2005, 03:46 PM
MAAANN...might be a good time to get a fake ID. ;)

Since86
05-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Rashid - LOL

yeah it's 21 and over to get in

What if I know the DJ?

Couldn't I be "crew"? lol :D

DisplacedKnick
05-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Uh, what if you aren't a Pacer fan - but you want them to win this series??? ;)

BTW - Nobody's offered me a Pacer t-shirt to wear - and I ain't buyin' one!

dannyboy
05-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Man, that outta be real nice.

Is Rosario going to be there too?

pb777
05-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Peck - If you show up I'll introduce you to DD

pb777
05-11-2005, 04:21 PM
would be hillarious! I know it would make Peck's day though

Digitalairair
05-11-2005, 04:41 PM
so only the special invited players are gonna be there?
im 20 can i still go

Jesus Shuttlesworth
05-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Yeah, how about people theat will be 20 this month? Can you get us in?

ChicagoJ
05-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Since I have no idea what 'dimepiece's' even means I think that should tell me that I'm not hip enough to go...

:shrug:

Spicoli
05-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Since I have no idea what 'dimepiece's' even means I think that should tell me that I'm not hip enough to go...

Yeah me either.

Maybe small plastic baggies of oregano? :D

ChicagoJ
05-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Yeah me either.

Maybe small plastic baggies of oregano? :D

I thought that was a dime bag? But I guess I don't know.

Harmonica
05-11-2005, 05:53 PM

Just another word that objectifies women.

sweabs
05-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Aw...wow. What a great opportunity. Wish I could do that.

DisplacedKnick
05-11-2005, 06:04 PM

Uh, think about that song a few years back with the numerical rating system for women - then think about how many cents a dime's worth.

(Let me know if you need another hint) :D

Spicoli
05-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Just another word that objectifies women.

Alright, NBA groupies!!!

MSA2CF
05-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Yeah...and the first poster shows Jermaine under the name "Jackson." :shakehead:

Sounds very cool, pb777. Is there a password, or can just anybody who's anybody show up?

Digitalairair
05-11-2005, 06:27 PM
can someone tell me more detail about this party?
im thinkin of going up there from DC so I want to make sure I can get in
Im 20

Kegboy
05-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Peck - If you show up I'll introduce you to DD

Now I have an imagine of an JVG-esque Peck humping Dale's leg in my head that just won't go away. :shudder:

Big Smooth
05-11-2005, 07:20 PM
So what kind of a cover charge are we looking at for this event? Sounds like fun, just not sure if my wallet would cover it! I will be down there for the game. How bout free entry if I wear my Chuck Person throwback? ;)

Los Angeles
05-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Now I have an imagine of an JVG-esque Peck humping Dale's leg in my head that just won't go away. :shudder:
I had something to say about that too but couldn't even get it down to PG-13 level to post.

:brilliant

pb777
05-11-2005, 07:46 PM
OK here's the deal..

Dimepiece = very attractive, classy lady

Nobody under 21 will be admitted, it's the law, you must have an id saying you are at least 21

Kegboy - damn that's a scary thought :shudder:

The cover charge will be $10, but it may goto $20 after 1am when the club is packed...

Digitalairair
05-11-2005, 10:34 PM
...guess i wont be driving down there

DisplacedKnick
05-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Don't believe I'll make it - I'd have to bring my "smooth" clothes and change in the car and besides - over the past few year my body type has changed from smooth to lumpy.

Skaut_Ech
05-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Just a word of warning. A few years ago we had some major problems at Industry with fights and reputed weapons. We had quite a few of our eastside and near westside gangbangers hanging out there. I'm sure they've cleaned up their act by now, since Pacers are in the mix, but just a word of warning...just in case any of you are serious about going.

Shade
05-12-2005, 01:16 AM
Son of a...

I have to work. :(

If it were after Sunday's game, I'd be able to make it.

grace
05-12-2005, 09:22 AM
Well, at least the Pistons can't claim there's nothing to do while they're stuck in Indy. At least they didn't invite Ben Wallace. We already know he likes to cause trouble at Indy clubs.

BigMac
05-12-2005, 09:32 AM
I may be sounding corney but two things come to mind:

1. A team is going to lose and will the losing team still want to go to a party?

2. Aren't players focused on "just basketball" and wouldn't go to a party after a game?

With all due respect, if our players are going to parties after a playoff game, their focus is not where it should be. Social life should take a back seat-but maybe that's just me not understanding the NBA lifestyle.

Oh, and FYI to all those under 21, PB stated above that you must be 21 to attend. And he put that in here twice. Wow. The only exception to that rule in Indiana would be if you were working with a group that was providing entertainment-and my guess is you aren't-so you cannot go.

grace
05-12-2005, 09:54 AM

1. A team is going to lose and will the losing team still want to go to a party?

2. Aren't players focused on "just basketball" and wouldn't go to a party after a game?

With all due respect, if our players are going to parties after a playoff game, their focus is not where it should be. Social life should take a back seat-but maybe that's just me not understanding the NBA lifestyle.

BigMac, secretly I agree with you, but I didn't want to come acorss as a fuddy-duddy so I'm keeping my mouth shut.

:whistle:

DisplacedKnick
05-12-2005, 10:19 AM

Oh, and FYI to all those under 21, PB stated above that you must be 21 to attend. And he put that in here twice. Wow. The only exception to that rule in Indiana would be if you were working with a group that was providing entertainment-and my guess is you aren't-so you cannot go.

Well, going to late night parties is pretty normal. Kind of hard to tell young (20-35-year old) millionaires not to have a night life. And yes, once the game's over it's over - they'll go out win or lose. Might be different after an elimination game.

grace
05-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Well, going to late night parties is pretty normal. Kind of hard to tell young (20-35-year old) millionaires not to have a night life.

In my never ending quest to become the most nit-pickiest poster I'd like to point out that Dale is 36 and Reggie is 39. Rasheed just gets buy becasue he won't be 31 until Septemeber.

Diamond Dave
05-12-2005, 11:07 AM

I'm with ya all the way, sorta busts the rivalry balloon.

DisplacedKnick
05-12-2005, 11:15 AM
In my never ending quest to become the most nit-pickiest poster I'd like to point out that Dale is 36 and Reggie is 39. Rasheed just gets buy becasue he won't be 31 until Septemeber.

Back in my younger days I don't ever remember seeing Reggie out around town. DD, AD, Mark Jackson, Heywoode and a few others were regulars - used to almost be able to count on seeing them at Champs on weekends during non-game nights.

Skaut_Ech
05-12-2005, 04:19 PM

Yes, you aren't understanding the NBA lifestyle! I personally know of a certain Pacer who was out drinking after thefinal Celtics loss, then spent the next few hours getting higher than he thought humanly possible. This went on late evening, early morning, yet somehow he managed to drag himself to practice around 9:00 a.m. He as so pissed about the loss, I think it was his way of blowing off steam.

Course if we won, I'm pretty confident he would have done the same thing as a way to celebrate. lol!

Spicoli
05-12-2005, 04:25 PM
Yes, you aren't understanding the NBA lifestyle! I personally know of a certain Pacer who was out drinking after thefinal Celtics loss, then spent the next few hours getting higher than he thought humanly possible. This went on late evening, early morning, yet somehow he managed to drag himself to practice around 9:00 a.m. He as so pissed about the loss, I think it was his way of blowing off steam.

Course if we won, I'm pretty confident he would have done the same thing as a way to celebrate. lol!

Let me guess . . . Was it Edwards?

BigMac
05-12-2005, 07:14 PM
Let me guess . . . Was it Edwards?

I've got a guess but for Stephen Jackson's sake, I'll keep it to myself :)

grace
05-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Since Skaut Ech didn't say it was actual team member I'd bet money that it was Larry Bird.

Los Angeles
05-13-2005, 12:44 AM
Son of a...

I have to work. :(

If it were after Sunday's game, I'd be able to make it.
Hey, are liquor sales still banned on Sunday in Indiana?

Thought you had to be a restaurant to serve and all package stores were closed. Hence a Friday party.

Me, when the NFL is comin on, I just head on down to the corner store and buy whatever I want. :-p

TheHotShot31
05-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Lets get it started!

Anthem
05-14-2005, 12:24 PM
:bump:

So how was it?

DisplacedKnick
05-14-2005, 12:27 PM
My guess is Paul B's wake-up won't be for a few more hours yet.

If I'd gotten to my truck in time to hear the LB/Carlisle post-game exchange I might've headed there myself - even though I had to come into work for a few hours this morning (almost done!!!).

pb777
05-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Was cool last night. Lots of pretty girls out:D

Overall attendance was down a little due to the damn rain, but it was a good time and eveyone there had fun.

My guess is Paul B's wake-up won't be for a few more hours yet.

If I'd gotten to my truck in time to hear the LB/Carlisle post-game exchange I might've headed there myself - even though I had to come into work for a few hours this morning (almost done!!!).

Bball
05-14-2005, 04:41 PM
Hey, are liquor sales still banned on Sunday in Indiana?

Thought you had to be a restaurant to serve and all package stores were closed. Hence a Friday party.

Me, when the NFL is comin on, I just head on down to the corner store and buy whatever I want. :-p

Indiana made some change in the liquor laws. I believe if you fork over the money for a Sunday license then you can be open on Sundays without a restaurant. I don't know the specifics of it and whether it allows 'every' Sunday or if there is a limited number it allows you to open. The key word is 'money'. Spend money, get Sunday license.

-Bball