PDA

View Full Version : 1st Period at School - Pacers related

Deadshot
05-11-2005, 02:24 PM
So today I wore my Ron Artest jersey to school, as I always wear Pacers gear on the big game days/victories. I do not live in Indiana anymore, but I did live there 15 years. This other student in class from Michigan comes in with his Ben Wallace jersey on. I wasn't going to say anything to him; he's worn it before (as I have mine), and I don't stoop to petty/irrelevant insults. However, as he walks over to sharpen his pencil, he says to me, "That jersey sucks."

Understand this - I am not a fighter. I prefer to either turn the other cheek, or have an intelligent conversation. Basically, we then had a debate on how the series would turn out. I wasn't going to proclaim a Pacers victory, but I was adamantly against his so-called 4-5 game series.

There was no winner to the debate, but good points were brought up from both sides (the only difference being that I had the nerve to agree with some of his more realistic statements, while he would hardly hear my case). I'm not going to label Pistons fans here, but let's just say that I was not impressed in the least.

I want to win this game so bad tonight - I can taste it.

Los Angeles
05-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Wow - Artest vs. Wallace incognito.

I hate it - even on here - when people talk as if thier predictions or opinions are "facts." That attitude pisses me off way more than anything anyone actually says.

Good for you for taking the higher road.

Deadshot
05-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks. If we do win, I will however be compelled to at least mention it :)

Deadshot
05-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Alright people - I need a nice witty, yet clean line that will make him cringe!

Hicks
05-11-2005, 11:26 PM
Fear Foster. :devil:

Natston
05-11-2005, 11:38 PM
Foster, Australian for 'Getting Beat'

Natston
05-11-2005, 11:40 PM
Foster, Australian for 'Getting Beat'

And I happened to post that before even seeing Sontayjuan's picture... :unimpress

Pig Nash
05-12-2005, 02:00 PM
I heard that nickname last year. :unimpress

Deadshot
05-12-2005, 02:28 PM
I didn't really say much to the student today, but I did want to make him a little uncomfortable. He wasn't talking much, and claimed that he hadn't seen much of the game :laugh:

After this brief discussion, we went on to play Scrabble with one other person, and I literally destroyed them (they hate playing with me, but they were only playing with 2 originally). I ended up with over 200 points, and each of them had about 120-140. At least I made him feel dumb to start his day off right :)

PHC Fan
05-13-2005, 10:55 AM
I didn't really say much to the student today, but I did want to make him a little uncomfortable. He wasn't talking much, and claimed that he hadn't seen much of the game :laugh:

After this brief discussion, we went on to play Scrabble with one other person, and I literally destroyed them (they hate playing with me, but they were only playing with 2 originally). I ended up with over 200 points, and each of them had about 120-140. At least I made him feel dumb to start his day off right :)
I remember the old high school bravado. The Pacer suck, they'll never win anything. The Bulls are the greatest.

We have all of the answers when we are young.

Bball
05-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Wow - Artest vs. Wallace incognito.

I hate it - even on here - when people talk as if thier predictions or opinions are "facts." That attitude pisses me off way more than anything anyone actually says.

Good for you for taking the higher road.

Few people are right all the time. ...That's why I feel so blessed to know I am always right! :devil:

;)

-Bball