PDA

View Full Version : JVG needs to be fired, say refs.......

Since86
05-10-2005, 05:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2056599

What the.......

This might explode for the Rockets. If he stays as a coach in the league, then do the refs "accidently" start getting calls wrong? I'd hope that they'd be a little bigger than screwing him over, but I've seen/heard of crazier things.

Hicks
05-10-2005, 05:41 PM
If Houston "accidently" gets screwed all the time, it only adds more proof to what Jeff was claiming in the first place.

And the officials are calling for someone ELSE to be fired? Ha.

WEST
05-10-2005, 06:12 PM
If Houston "accidently" gets screwed all the time, it only adds more proof to what Jeff was claiming in the first place.

And the officials are calling for someone ELSE to be fired? Ha.

You hit the nail on the head.

Hoop
05-10-2005, 06:15 PM
I always had great respect for JVG when we played his Knick coached teams so many times. He was always very respectful of the Pacers.

IMO the whole thing looks alot worse for the league than JVG, but they are spinning it and blaming it all on Jeff.

Diamond Dave
05-10-2005, 06:20 PM
A quote from the great Rush Limbaugh applies to JVG in this situation.

"You only get this kind of response when what you are saying is right."

Suaveness
05-10-2005, 06:24 PM

I would never put great and Rush Limbaugh in the same sentence, but thats another story

I mean, I think most would agree with Jeff. They won't say it, but they agree.

Diamond Dave
05-10-2005, 06:26 PM
I would never put great and Rush Limbaugh in the same sentence, but thats another story

I mean, I think most would agree with Jeff. They won't say it, but they agree.

I guess you wouldn't have too, you could say "There is man named Rush Limbaugh. He is great." :devil: ;)

Suaveness
05-10-2005, 06:28 PM
I guess you wouldn't have too, you could say "There is man named Rush Limbaugh. He is great." :devil: ;)

:-p Fine, not at all in any vicinity. Period.

beast23
05-10-2005, 06:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2056599

What the.......

This might explode for the Rockets. If he stays as a coach in the league, then do the refs "accidently" start getting calls wrong? I'd hope that they'd be a little bigger than screwing him over, but I've seen/heard of crazier things.What's the difference?

As a Pacer fan, I can say that they have "accidentally" been getting calls wrong for years.

ChicagoJ
05-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Good. He can come here. :love:

But I'm still bitter that DW didn't fire Isiah while JVG was still available in 2003. :banghead:

bmac
05-11-2005, 10:33 AM

I would only say that if I was loaded on vicoden and didn't know any better.

Fool
05-11-2005, 10:58 AM
:-p Fine, not at all in any vicinity. Period.

What about ...
Compared to Rush Limbaugh, everyone is great.
or
That wife of Rush Limbaugh's sure looks great.
or
The girth of Rush Limbaugh, is great.

I'll stay away from the addiction stuff but I'm sure the number of opportunities there is great as well.

Harddrive7
05-11-2005, 11:10 AM

I want some Vicoden

Stryder
05-11-2005, 11:29 AM
I want some Vicoden

I have about 160 hydrocodone tablets right in front of me at this moment.

You're welcome to a few. :-p

3Ball
05-11-2005, 12:06 PM

Farenheit 9/11 got quite a reaction...

Diamond Dave
05-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Farenheit 9/11 got quite a reaction...

However if it was right, it would have changed the outcome.

But it didn't. :D

Shade
05-11-2005, 12:50 PM
If anyone should be fired, as Hicks said, it's the current crop of NBA referees. At least they're consistent, though...

Consistently bad, that is. :censored:

Diamond Dave
05-11-2005, 12:51 PM
Its a sad day when I see Steve Javie and say to myself "well at least we got decent officials."

grace
05-11-2005, 01:40 PM
There are no decent officials. The moment you think one is he will show you the error in your thinking.

PHC Fan
05-11-2005, 01:44 PM
That vicodin is truth serum alright!!!

bread
05-11-2005, 02:01 PM
What I find interesting is that all of sudden this is a dead issue for Stern. What happened to all the rage he showed after handing out the fine and assuring everyone that it was just the beginning of the punishment? Could it be that after meeting with JVG he found that there was some truth to what he said and is now willing to drop the whole thing out of fear? :plot:

I guess he forgot to send that "hush" memo to the officials, I mean referees.:-p

grace
05-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Maybe he's worried that if he pushes this the Board of Governors or whoever has the power to get rid of his *** would make the world a better place and fire him.

waterjater
05-11-2005, 04:29 PM
I hope this explodes all over the NBA and Stern's face one day. Put J. Dowd (Rose investigator) on the case.

Would love to expose Stern and the NBA for what it is....Theatre.... a show with a script (but a script that can be altered by a team playing well or poorly)

Water

Kegboy
05-11-2005, 06:55 PM
What's being missed in all this is how quickly Stern is trying to sweep this under the rug. Last week, he talks about "investigations" and "bans", and all it takes is Jeff saying, "Uh, I meant an official in the league office", and all is forgiven? Right.

No, the real reason is Stern was losing the PR war. Even league apologists would start any argument with "Look, the officiating in the NBA sucks, that's a given". Numerous articles were written about Stern being a control freak. Forget about Dallas-Houston, other series were being weighed down by the controversy. Stern needed to get this story off the front-burner as soon as possible, so he and Jeff cooked up this story. Problem is, he didn't let the refs in on it, so they come off badly, and the whole situation gets worse.