PDA

View Full Version : Numbers that killed us last night:

flakcatcher
05-10-2005, 12:35 PM
F. Jones 18 0-6

J. Jones 14 0-3

If you remember, about every time either one of the Jones boys took a shot, it could have been a momentum turner. We need them to step up on offense. Whenever they did against Boston, we won.

pb777
05-10-2005, 12:43 PM
ft's 24 - 40 killed us
shooting less than 40% killed us
to's killed us too
i agree with u, fj and jj need to and will show up in game 2
for every bad shooting night, the law of averages favors a good shooting night on the horizon

Ragnar
05-10-2005, 12:56 PM
How about on the next game JJ takes 9 shots and Fred just dunks.

waterjater
05-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Open Shots- We must have missed 70% of our wide open jumpers. The Pistons defense, however good it might be, gives MANY wide open jumpers. You must hit them and you MUST NOT RUSH THEM.

Reminds me of last year where Fred, Bender etc. looked like world beaters against the Celtics, but then couldn't throw it in the Ocean against the Pistons.

I can live with the FTs as long as we keep putting BWallace on the FT line....he air balled at least 1, maybe more. Don't let him dunk!!

Water

Graywolf_59
05-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Just play Pacer Ball!
Only 1 day off and having to travel from Beantown to Indy to Motor City was a big cause of last nite's woe's....I look for the Game 2 Pacer's to play harder and play more Pacer ball.Get them some xtra rest........and they (Should) play better!

Graywolf_59
05-10-2005, 02:00 PM
I say play J Squared more.......He ripped the Shamrock's.....and can do the same to the Pis_on's!

DisplacedKnick
05-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Open Shots- We must have missed 70% of our wide open jumpers. The Pistons defense, however good it might be, gives MANY wide open jumpers. You must hit them and you MUST NOT RUSH THEM.

Reminds me of last year where Fred, Bender etc. looked like world beaters against the Celtics, but then couldn't throw it in the Ocean against the Pistons.

That's pretty typical though when you're playing a good defensive team. Since you never get in a rhythm - or actually, because the rhythm you get in is rushed - you miss a lot of your open looks.

Boston missed a bunch of open shots in game 7 for the same reason.

WEST
05-10-2005, 06:50 PM
Ben Wallace- 21 pts, 15 rbs, 4 stl's. We need to control him better.