PDA

View Full Version : 05/09/2005 Playoff Game Thread: Pacers vs Pistons - Game 1 (2nd Round)

Pages : 1 [2]

Suaveness
05-09-2005, 10:18 PM
You guys forget about getting blown out in Boston? This has happened often this postseason.........We'll be back next game. Mark my words. This team is too classy to fold a series.

This isn't Boston. If we get blown out by Detroit, that is trouble.

Jermaniac
05-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Someone tell Jack it was his fault we lost this game that way maybe he will get even more fired up.

Anthem
05-09-2005, 10:19 PM

Despite it all, we've stayed about 12-16 points down for the whole half.

I don't fear this team.

Mr. Pink
05-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Losing this game might be a blessing in disquise....

They could start over looking us, BUT I doubt it. Detroit is good, so we better start playing better.

Mushmouth
05-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Will they shoot 50 FT's? That's the only question left for this game...

BabbleOn
05-09-2005, 10:21 PM
You should be watching this in beautiful plasma suspended in mid air. Tayshaun oops look extra nice in plasma form.

You're so fancy wealthy, Fool. And here I am, stuck with an ancient tube Tv.

Can you see the lent in Ben's fro in plasma vision? BabbleOn = jealous.

Mr. Pink
05-09-2005, 10:22 PM
My mom said Ben Wallace's hair looks like a SOS pad....

Strangely enough, she's right!

gilpdawg
05-09-2005, 10:24 PM
I sense a Darko sighting.

BostonConnection
05-09-2005, 10:24 PM
:thepiston 89
:thepacers 70

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Well, see you guys for game 2. Hopefully we'll have a better night.

Mr. Pink
I sense a Darko sighting.

I hope he doesn't try and peirce his ears again this playoffs...

bmac

As bad as we have shot for this game and as hot as Detroit as been offensively, they will cool off. We can shoot the rock.....just not tonight, but we will.

I know it sounds crazy but I knew we were going to shoot poorly in game one after hitting lights out in Boston game 7. I was kinda hoping we would cool off and save some of it for tonight. Yeah.....I'm superstitious, sue me.

Fool
05-09-2005, 10:28 PM
You're so fancy wealthy, Fool. And here I am, stuck with an ancient tube Tv.

Can you see the lent in Ben's fro in plasma vision? BabbleOn = jealous.

Yes I can see the lent in Ben's fro. Its clearly lost weight from all the fasting.

obnoxiousmodesty
05-09-2005, 10:29 PM
One of the reasons the Pacers destroyed Boston in Game 7 was JO's ability to pass well out of the post. I know the Pistons' defense will clog the passing lanes, but JO and the Pacers must adjust so we can find the open man. I don't need to see Jermaine take 10 fade away jumpers and/or be blocked on drives 5 times a game.

By the way, have the Pacers set the record for most number of blowout losses in playoff history yet? When we lose, we lose.

BostonConnection
05-09-2005, 10:29 PM
In the game now for the Pacers: Pollard, Croshere, Freddie, JJ, Gill

Mr. Pink
05-09-2005, 10:30 PM
How many more records do we gotta break this year to deem this season a success?

I didn't say the records had to be good though....

BostonConnection
05-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Still waiting for the day that we'll see that much-anticipated Darko/Bender matchup... :rolleyes:

BostonConnection
05-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Final: :goodnight
:thepiston 96
:thepacers 81

Jermaniac
05-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Ohh well the Celtics blew us out in game 1 also, and Rick is great at making adjustments. I'm not saying that we will win game 2 but it will be much more competitive.

FiestyFosterFanatic
05-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Yes I can see the lent in Ben's fro. Its clearly lost weight from all the fasting.

How did the airball look from the free throw line. From my tv, it looked horrible, it must have looked really bad on plasma. And did you notice the fly buzzing around Ben before he shot it. I did.

Fool
05-09-2005, 10:41 PM
How did the airball look from the free throw line. From my tv, it looked horrible, it must have looked really bad on plasma. And did you notice the fly buzzing around Ben before he shot it. I did.

Nothing looks horrible on this tv and I hope Dale doesn't see you call him a "fly". Or were you refering to Reggie?

BostonConnection
05-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Box Score (http://scores.nba.com/games/20050509/INDDET/boxscoreprint.html)

FINAL TEAM STATISTICS
-----------------------Pacers----------Pistons
FG%---------------------39.5------------46.6
3PT%--------------------25.0------------33.3
FT%---------------------75.0------------60.0
Turnovers---------------18--------------10
Fast Break---------------4--------------14
Biggest Lead-------------2--------------21
Points in the Paint-----28--------------40
Offensive Rebounds------10--------------11
Defensive Rebounds------32--------------34

Foul Differential:
:thepacers 29
:thepiston 22

FT Differential:
:thepacers 18-24
:thepiston 24-40

Jermaniac
05-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Who the hell set up these damn schedules? Just getting one day rest after a 7 game freaking serious is just stupid. You could see that our guys just didnt have the legs to play out there tonight. At least they could have gave them 2 days to rest right, and maybe get a practice in but 1 damn day.

Kstat
05-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Big Ben dished out a huge load of "payback" to Dale Davis tonight....had to believe the last game was fresh in Ben's memory.

Kstat
05-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Who the hell set up these damn schedules? Just getting one day rest after a 7 game freaking serious is just stupid. You could see that our guys just didnt have the legs to play out there tonight. At least they could have gave them 2 days to rest right, and maybe get a practice in but 1 damn day.

Thats how we did it in the old days.....used to be, teams never got more than 1 day off EVER in the playoffs, unless one team got finished with a series early.

If you want more rest, finish your series earlier. Thats why back in the day, you'd never see a #8 seed or #7 seed win a single GAME.

BostonConnection
05-09-2005, 10:50 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2005050908

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050510/capt.dtp11205100228.pacers_pistons_dtp112.jpg

Detroit 96, Indiana 81

By LARRY LAGE, AP Sports Writer

AP - May 9, 10:27 pm EDT

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- No brawls or bomb scares. Just basketball.

Richard Hamilton scored 28 points and Ben Wallace had 21 points, 15 rebounds and four steals to lead Detroit to a 96-81 victory over Indiana on Monday night in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinal series.

The Pacers' two previous road games against the Pistons were marred by the infamous melee -- which started on the court, spilled into the stands and went back onto the court -- and a phone threat of a bomb in Indiana's locker room, delaying the second game at The Palace by almost 90 minutes.

Game 2 in the best-of-seven series is Wednesday night.

Just like both teams predicted, they were able to play without unusual distractions.

Indiana's Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O'Neal, suspended for 30 and 15 games, respectively, for their roles in the brawl, were booed louder than the rest of their teammates during pregame introductions and sometimes when they had the ball.

That seemed to be the only carry-over from the regular-season matchups in suburban Detroit.

Indiana scored the first basket, then fell behind and couldn't do much about it.

O'Neal had a great start, then cooled down, finishing with 22 points. Jackson didn't score until early in the second quarter and finished with 15 points. Both players signed autographs for fans before the game.

The Pacers' Ron Artest, suspended for the rest of the season for his part in the brawl, is expected to practice with his teammates when they return to Indianapolis. Reggie Miller, who plans to retire after the season, scored just six points -- nearly 10 below his playoff average -- and struggled to stay with Hamilton. Jamaal Tinsley added 13 points for the Pacers.

Detroit's Chauncey Billups and Rasheed Wallace each scored 11 points.

shags
05-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Thats how we did it in the old days.....used to be, teams never got more than 1 day off EVER in the playoffs, unless one team got finished with a series early.

If you want more rest, finish your series earlier. Thats why back in the day, you'd never see a #8 seed or #7 seed win a single GAME.

Yup. It's much better this way. Last year, the Pistons and Nets waited FOUR days between Game 6 & Game 7, which is ridiculous. I really like the way they've set up the schedule for the playoff thus far.

BostonConnection
05-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Well, I was waiting for this thread to get started to post this.

I really think the Pacers will win tonight. In fact, I'll be really surprised if the Pistons do end up pulling out the victory. And I'm not trying to jinx anyone.

I'm not predicting a Pacers victory in the series necessarily, just in tonight's game.

We'll see what happens.

We get jinxed by shags again!!! :rolleyes: ;) ;)

shags
05-09-2005, 10:57 PM
We get jinxed by shags again!!! :rolleyes: ;) ;)

I did predict in another thread that it would either be a Pacers win or a Pistons blowout (10 + points). I just picked the wrong one.

Mr. Pink
05-09-2005, 10:59 PM
And WAY wrong you were! :)

If the Pacer's had won...then you would have been WAY right.

8.9_seconds
05-10-2005, 11:11 AM
I'm not sure whether to pick the Shooting Guard or the Post Match-ups
b/c you have Rip and Reggie, Rip in his prime, but he uses all of Reggie's moves

and

you have the Wallaces against JO and Dale, now even though I love Dale, and always will, he doesn't show up all the time.

tough call