PDA

View Full Version : What is a real fan?

8.9_seconds
04-24-2005, 03:33 PM
I've been reading all the threads and the comment'.....well if you were a real fan....' comes up alot.

What is a real fan.

Alot of people are accused of not being called a real fan when they back one player more than others, but isn't the point of being a fan connecting with the players? So, if I become attached to one player more than the others, am I a real fan?

According to some people, No.

Bball
04-24-2005, 03:36 PM
You are not a real fan if you have to ask "Who/What is a real fan"

:devil:

-Bball

8.9_seconds
04-24-2005, 03:38 PM
You are not a real fan if you have to ask "Who/What is a real fan"

:devil:

-Bball

haha good point, but I was just wondering because I hear it alot, not because I doubt my own devotion.

Natston
04-24-2005, 03:47 PM
I thought I'd post in here before this gets moved... :lurk:

sweabs
04-24-2005, 03:48 PM
I thought I'd post in here before this gets moved... :lurk:

:lurk:

Shout Box!

Bball
04-24-2005, 04:03 PM
haha good point, but I was just wondering because I hear it alot, not because I doubt my own devotion.

Well, I think you'll find some people who think you can't be a real fan if you don't believe and agree with them. Other people are more flexible. The problem is the ones who think you can't be a real fan if you don't agree with them continually want to tell you about it and make their case.... over... and... over... and... over....

:lurk:

-Bball

DisplacedKnick
04-24-2005, 04:19 PM
What is a real fan.

I think Variable controls are part of what makes a real fan. I like three speeds myself - you can have it on low at night and really fire it up when it's real hot - or when your new puppy piddles on the carpet.

For ceiling fans I definitely prefer the wall control - beats the heck out of having to figure out how many times you yanked that d@mn chain.

Hope that helps. Wal-Mart carries some pretty decent fans and summer is coming on.

Bball
04-24-2005, 04:39 PM
I think Variable controls are part of what makes a real fan. I like three speeds myself - you can have it on low at night and really fire it up when it's real hot - or when your new puppy piddles on the carpet.

For ceiling fans I definitely prefer the wall control - beats the heck out of having to figure out how many times you yanked that d@mn chain.

Hope that helps. Wal-Mart carries some pretty decent fans and summer is coming on.

What are your feelings on the ceiling fans with remotes? On one hand having the remote is handy (especially if the glow in the dark buttons work well)... OTOH... it is one more remote to take care of and not lose. Have any manufacturers incorporated dedicated fan controls into their universal remotes (remotes that control TV, HTIB, DVD, Satellite, VCR, etc all in one)? A fan system with that would certainly be a real fan!

-Bball

DisplacedKnick
04-24-2005, 04:57 PM
What are your feelings on the ceiling fans with remotes? On one hand having the remote is handy (especially if the glow in the dark buttons work well)... OTOH... it is one more remote to take care of and not lose. Have any manufacturers incorporated dedicated fan controls into their universal remotes (remotes that control TV, HTIB, DVD, Satellite, VCR, etc all in one)? A fan system with that would certainly be a real fan!

-Bball

Yeah - that would be pretty cool - not having to get up to change the speed on the fan ...

I'm hoping I can hook up a water line to my next fan. Sort of a dual-purpose. First, I can turn on the mister if it's real warm. If I add soap I can shampoo my carpet without having to mess with those pesky cans of spray foam.

That would be a real fan.

Natston
04-24-2005, 05:06 PM
The ones that they have on the NFL sidelines are real fans. They are industrial sized and they blow a cooling mist.

8.9_seconds
04-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Wait a Minute!!! Fans have remotes? Since when? And quite frankly, I'm quite partial to adjustment fans.

Are you people trying to get all my posts moved? haha
or am I always ranting and off topic?

DisplacedKnick
04-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Wait a Minute!!! Fans have remotes? Since when? And quite frankly, I'm quite partial to adjustment fans.

Are you people trying to get all my posts moved? haha
or am I always ranting and off topic?

Just having some fun. A few months back there were some folks trying to define what a true Pacer fan was. Some of them had statements such as "If you want the Pacers to trade Artest rather than keep him, you aren't a Pacer fan" and crap like that.

I mean, we all know that Jay isn't a real Pacer fan ... :-p

DisplacedKnick
04-24-2005, 06:44 PM
I dont like it sitting on me wall like that

Curious, uh, idiom you have there - you sure your username shouldn't be vaMcpacersfan?

sweabs
04-24-2005, 06:50 PM
You guys are all way off. The real fans go back to Ancient Chinese culture, where some of the best and most authentic fans were created and can still be found today.

Natston
04-24-2005, 06:54 PM
You guys are all way off. The real fans go back to Ancient Chinese culture, where some of the best and most authentic fans were created and can still be found today.

I think you're right, a real fan doesn't need electric power...

Bball
04-24-2005, 07:13 PM

Hater!

-Bball

DisplacedKnick
04-24-2005, 07:30 PM

Well, if you're talking about the ones waved by naked chicks with big racks then I'm with you.

DisplacedKnick
04-24-2005, 07:36 PM
Dang it! They moved this - just when I was about to find out where we get a remote that we can push so some naked chinese chicks with big racks can start waving ancient variable speed misting fans at us.