PDA

View Full Version : Props to AJ

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-21-2005, 02:32 AM
I just want to say that AJ has really been a huge asset to this Pacer team. His play has been top notch and tonight was an example of how clutch he can be. When JT went down, I admit that I had my doubts about AJ really holding his own. AJ has proven himself to be a solid PG and a consistent producer. With AJ in the game, I think we would've beaten Orlando. I'm confident that AJ will be clutch in our playoff run. Really, when you look at this season, AJ and Reggie have been the two rocks that have been there all season for us.

Thanks AJ.

NotLosingButWinning
04-21-2005, 02:34 AM
he played very good defense on gordon tonight, and has proven that he can hit clutch shots.

PacerMan
04-21-2005, 02:34 PM
No ****e! He's blown me away with his play. Easily twice the player I thought he was.
He's been arguably our BEST!! player of late!!
Way to go AJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PacerMan
04-21-2005, 02:35 PM
S-H-I-T-E gets edited? :)

Shade
04-21-2005, 02:46 PM
As one of AJ's biggest detractors, I think it's time for me to finally give him his props. He has been amazing -- a player transformed. Once again, Donnie finds a diamond in the rough. :thumbsup:

Unclebuck
04-21-2005, 02:52 PM
I have a lot of confidence in AJ taking an important shot late in a game. He is very clutch. If he has enough space to take his time and get the shot off he shoots very well. Also when he backs his man into the paint and does that little turnaround, he rarely misses

Deadshot
04-21-2005, 02:54 PM
His little jumper from the edge of the FT line has become automatic - and yet, teams still give that shot to him.

Diesel
04-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Correct me If im wrong but hasn't Johnson started this outstanding stretch of play since Fred Jones started at point guard a while back for a few games . Maybe that lit a fire inside of him because hes been truly amazing. Everybody talks about Jackson and Miller but without that 3rd scorer we wouldn't be in the playoffs right now. AJ along with Dale Davis are the reason why were in the playoffs.

beast23
04-21-2005, 04:35 PM
No. AJ has been steady for many, many games now.

Freddy only got the nod because AJ was suspended one game for taking a swing at Mourning.

Unclebuck
04-21-2005, 04:46 PM
No. AJ has been steady for many, many games now.

Freddy only got the nod because AJ was suspended one game for taking a swing at Mourning.

I think he was referring to whe Frefdie started on the west coast trip in early March.

I like that AJ and JJ have a mean streak

Ragnar
04-21-2005, 05:02 PM
Yes that is when he started his excellent play. He needed to be replaced when Rick replaced him. He was playing like crap. When Fred went down he really turned it around.

UB I have never questioned AJ's ability to his a shot late in the game. My problem with AJ has always been that he could not be counted on to get anyone else a shot late in the game. Here over the last few games he has regressed in that area where he had been doing a good job of that lately. But if he can hit those back breaking shots then I guess it does not really matter.

Unclebuck
04-21-2005, 05:10 PM
I've never said that AJ was a pure point guard like Tinsley. But he is a good player

ABADays
04-21-2005, 05:42 PM
I don't share everyone's enthusiasm for AJ's game. But that's for another time.

Jon Theodore
04-21-2005, 06:57 PM
AJ is awesome. When AJ and Reggie shoot I almost always think it's going in, lol. James Jones falls in that category too.

beast23
04-21-2005, 07:11 PM
The only problem that I have with our PG play is our handling of end of quarter possessions.

I'm getting a little tired of watching either Freddy or AJ dribble the ball for 10-15 seconds 35 feet from the basket before initiating with about 8 seconds or so left on the shot clock.... only to see us come up empty handed almost every time.

Just keep running the offense. If Rick doesn't want anyone to take a shot other than a layup if there is more than 5 seconds or so on the shot clock, then fine. Play it that way. But keep moving the ball, and keep forcing the opponent to defend.

Will Galen
04-21-2005, 07:30 PM
You're right Beast, that has been happening a lot lately.

ChicagoJ
04-21-2005, 07:45 PM
The only problem that I have with our PG play is our handling of end of quarter possessions.

I'm getting a little tired of watching either Freddy or AJ dribble the ball for 10-15 seconds 35 feet from the basket before initiating with about 8 seconds or so left on the shot clock.... only to see us come up empty handed almost every time.

We call that play, "Travis Best", after the guy who perfected it.

But for some reason, Rick really likes that play. :shrug: