PDA

View Full Version : So how much DO the Celtics suk?

PacerMan
04-21-2005, 12:44 AM
here fishy fishy.

Tim
04-21-2005, 01:11 AM
Last season they were bad but the season before that they knocked us out of the playoffs and I think they went to the ECF. THe season before that I think they made it to the second round.

The point here is the Celtics are no push over, I think they will take us out in 6 games.
Boston is tested, with enough seasoned vets in the mix with younger players to give us fits. They have played us before and they know last season they were not a team prepared to do anything in the playoffs.

I am not trying to be negative, I just we fans are underestimating Boston like we did a couple of years back. They are not as bad as we thing they are.

Sontayjuan
04-21-2005, 01:14 AM
we (the fans) may be...but i'm sure the memory of 2 years ago is still fresh in the minds of reggie/jermaine/foster and the rest. they wont take the celts lightly at all

scar
04-21-2005, 01:15 AM
Boston is still a horrible post team. Their big men are very soft and I don't think anyone on their team has hear of the word 'defense'. The offense should be there, I really don't think anyone there can stop our big time scorers. The only difference between this series and the past two is that we won't have Ron giving Paul Pierce fits. I just hope that whomever guards PP can atleast make him take some bad shots and allow us to control the tempo.

Sontayjuan
04-21-2005, 01:19 AM
their post play isnt that bad...i do remember mark blount giving us fits and that al jefferson kid could give us some problems.

Cactus Jax
04-21-2005, 01:27 AM
If they want to play their rookies big minutes then let em. I seriously doubt Al Jefferson is winning any series for the Celtics.

Gotta stop/contain at least 2 out of these 3 every game offensively to win: Paul Pierce, Antoine Walker, Ricky Davis.

Payton is not a huge scorer anymore, LaFrentz is pretty much a 3 point shooter, Blount has been horrible all season and is now a reserve.

Anthem
04-21-2005, 01:31 AM
They're solid. They've got quality and depth at almost every position. If they can pick up a center, they will be EXTREMELY dangerous.

ABADays
04-21-2005, 08:28 AM
They suck enough to finish one game ahead of us and get homecourt advantage.

Doug
04-21-2005, 09:39 AM
I wish Foster was comletely healthy. When he is, (almost) nobody guards Walker better.

Anthem
04-21-2005, 11:00 AM
I wish Foster was comletely healthy. When he is, (almost) nobody guards Walker better.

Very true.

PacerMan
04-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Very true.

What happened to Jeff anyway?? Is this a reoccurance of the previous hip problem?

3ptmiller
04-21-2005, 02:57 PM
They suck so bad that they have
to ask the wives to help!