PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else really concerned about the Pacers right now

Unclebuck
04-21-2005, 12:41 AM
Great night tonight the ceremony was first class.

But I am not very confident at all about this Pacers team. While they played very well in the second half tonight, they can't put two good halves together in the same game.

Dale looks dead tired

Jax is in some kind of a funk

Jeff can barely move

Croshere is injured and it shows

J.O. is just coming back from the injury that he says won't heal for 8 months.

Freddie's hand is injured.

Right now, AJ is the Pacers best player.

No I don't like where this team is right now. They aren't playing very well.

skyfire
04-21-2005, 12:45 AM
JO's situation is quite worrying, given that Boston tried to punk him last season in the 1st round.

Peck
04-21-2005, 12:50 AM

But I am not very confident at all about this Pacers team. While they played very well in the second half tonight, they can't put two good halves together in the same game.

Dale looks dead tired

Jeff can barely move

Right now the Pacers aren't playing at all. We, as of today, are 0-0.

You know, I know & the American people know that the bigger the game, the bigger the moment the better Dale Davis plays.

We both know that Reggie will fight for his life because in his case it is his baksetball life.

Jax will have ups & have downs but so far we've not seen him buckle under pressure.

We both know that Foster will be very valuable in this series, probably the one matchup where he will be one of the most valuable big men on the floor.

Cro will step up in the playoffs, just like he always does.

O'Neal came alive in the second half & we will see how he does in the playoffs. But I think when push comes to shove J.O. will perform.

Fred can still defend with the other hand. Granted it's hurt his outside shot but at the end of the day he still can drive & draw fouls.

Yes, A.J. is playing great.

So no, I feel good about this team.

aceace
04-21-2005, 12:55 AM
UB pessimistic Peck optimistic. I think, therefore I am and Pacers win 16 more games this year..........

MagicRat
04-21-2005, 12:56 AM

Dale looks dead tired

Jeff can barely move

I don't believe a word of what you say. I'm guessing you didn't see any of the game because you were too busy staring at Ron at the end of the bench and shrieking like 13 year old girl at a Justin Timberlake show...or something like that.......:-p

pacerwaala
04-21-2005, 01:02 AM
I am not concerned with this team because like Peck said we are tired but we are 0-0 now.

Also, one more reason I think that the Pacers played like this the last 4 games is because they were relieved to get into the playoffs after all that transpired this season. It is not a coincidence that the Pacers slide in the last 4 games started after the playoff spot clinching win over NJ.

I think subconsciously they took it a little easy after that win and therefore lost those games. Because after everything that happened this season, making the playoffs itself is like going to the NBA finals and I think the players had a sense of achievement and therefore took it easy.

It is to Carlisle's credit that the Miami and Orlando games were even close.

Sontayjuan
04-21-2005, 01:11 AM
I am not concerned with this team because like Peck said we are tired but we are 0-0 now.

Also, one more reason I think that the Pacers played like this the last 4 games is because they were relieved to get into the playoffs after all that transpired this season. It is not a coincidence that the Pacers slide in the last 4 games started after the playoff spot clinching win over NJ.

I think subconsciously they took it a little easy after that win and therefore lost those games. Because after everything that happened this season, making the playoffs itself is like going to the NBA finals and I think the players had a sense of achievement and therefore took it easy.

It is to Carlisle's credit that the Miami and Orlando games were even close.

http://www.madlantern.com/clipart/clips/construction/hammer.gif+http://istirrup.com/ecom/images/products/nail.gif=http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/hearing/images/hammer.gif

i agree 100%

Suaveness
04-21-2005, 01:26 AM
No, I am really worried. They did not look good at all.

Anthem
04-21-2005, 01:29 AM
It will be nice to get a couple of days off. A bit of rest for all of our guys will be nice.

I think we can take this. Jermaine put up a great line tonight, Jax will defend Pierce pretty well, and the rest of our beat-up frontline won't be needed too much against the C's. Croshere doesn't match up with Boston AT ALL, and I hope we sit him until we play the Pistons.

PaceBalls
04-21-2005, 02:32 AM
They did go through a losing streak, but if you look they only lost those games by 4 points each game. JO is gettin himself back in the flow, Reggie is gonna be goin out guns blazin, Tins maybe back...

This might be the year if they can get past the Pistons... well see.

aceace
04-21-2005, 04:42 AM
My take: Yes, we tanked it a little after locking up the playoff spot. We have a ton of playoff experience which is so important. Boston is not a great team and they are beatable. Lets see how we look against Detroit first 2 games if we get there. If we can look the way we did just before making the playoffs I will be comfortable.

TheSauceMaster
04-21-2005, 05:01 AM
Sorry but flame me all your want , but since J.O came back were not playing the same kind of basketball we did before he came back. Surely I can't be the only one who feels this way :confused:

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-21-2005, 05:12 AM
Sorry but flame me all your want , but since J.O came back were not playing the same kind of basketball we did before he came back. Surely I can't be the only one who feels this way :confused:

I agree, but are going to need an inside game to make a solid playoff run. We had a great run before JO came back, but we were also relying on our outside game, and in many cases we were jacking up WAY too many 3s trying to win games. To live and die by the three? That's a hard way to make a playoff run, imho. Now if we could just find that balance between that free-style play and JO's post play, we'd be somewhere.

DisplacedKnick
04-21-2005, 08:16 AM
The Celts aren't playing very well either - I think you're OK for the 1st rd.

To get beyond that, someone's gonna need to turn into an unconscious hero.

ABADays
04-21-2005, 08:22 AM
Sorry but I agree with UB on this one. We can get the rest we need but we don't have the one thing we need for the playoffs - healthy bodies. So yes, I'm worried.

Having said that, I have stated before, everything is gravy to me right now. We did more than I could have possibly expected under the circumstances.

Unclebuck
04-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Last night after I started this thread, I regretted it. Never should have started a thread like this on Reggie's night, but everything I posted is truly how I feel. Don't get me wrong, I'll be living and dying on every play in the playoffs.

Anthem
04-21-2005, 10:59 AM

We'd already lost 2 or 3 in a row before he came back... Since he came back we're 1-1.

3Ball
04-21-2005, 01:48 PM
I felt sorry for Reggie last night. He obviously had a lousy game and kind of a miserable night. He so wanted to hit that 3 at the end. I'm just glad he has the playoffs to finish things on a little higher note.

This team is so beat up and exhausted right now it's barely standing upright. They just gave everything they had to make that last push to get into the playoffs. Everyone is injured and overworked. I think we have to say that making the playoffs was a fantastic acheivement this year, and any more games we can win are just gravy.

Suaveness
04-21-2005, 01:53 PM
We'd already lost 2 or 3 in a row before he came back... Since he came back we're 1-1.

JO came back against Miami, and we lost to them and Orlando. So that makes 1-2 since he came back.

We had lost to Philly on friday, but that is it

ChicagoJ
04-21-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm somewhat concerned they used everything they had just to make the playoffs.

I've been crabby for a while, but I'm proud of this team's resiliency. Even if they go 0-4, and if - as UB says - AJ is our best player and if we lose the AJ/ Payton matchup it could be a short series, I'm still proud of the way these guys ralled around Reggie (and Dale) when they needed to.

grace
04-21-2005, 06:28 PM
Since Rick came right out and said we aren't playing very well I'd say that's a reason to be concerned. IMO the team has hit the wall and I don't expect much out of them in the playoffs. If the playoffs had started two weeks ago things would be different. We were playing a lot better then. The players are tired. Not the kind of tired that gets better with 2 or 3 days off. The kind of tired that takes a month of doing absolutely nothing before you can even think about doing anything mental or physical.

Suaveness
04-21-2005, 06:31 PM
And I think we are too tired to beat out a Boston team with lots of scorers.

McKeyFan
04-21-2005, 08:04 PM
I attribute the ending loss streak to not only letting up after clinching the playoffs (which is understadable), but also to having to relearn the offense with JO back.

I agree with the post that said the offense has gotten worse. But, it's kinda like Tiger Wood's swing--you gotta get worse before you get better. As much as I enjoyed the fast-paced, shooting offense that got us into the playoffs, that same offense can't advance us past Detroit. It POSSIBLY could get us past the Celtics, only if everybody shoots well.

The key for us in this playoff run, IMHO, is whether the guys make the adjustments to learn how to continue motion in the offense while including JO as a major option and still allowing Jax and Reggie to get good shots. This was not accomplished the past four games. I think it could go either way.

Without Ron, I don't see us as winners of the ECF. But I do think this team could get to the ECF if they hit on all cylinders. And then, who knows, maybe Uncle Reg will give us a miracle for posterity.

P.S. Regarding the letdown the past few games, I think it should be a reminder to us of just how much those guys accomplished to get us into the playoffs. That was an extraordinary run. It may be that they needed to step back from 100 percent (110 percent?) the past few games to have anything left for the playoffs.

8.9_seconds
04-23-2005, 12:07 AM
I think the main thing that everyone has to keep in mind is that it's not over until the skinny man breaks (AKA until Reggie says it's over). The Pacers are solid, it may not seem that way but come AJ has been steppin up big time lately, so has Freddie!

Croshere is an AWESOME post-season player.

Dale Davis has been to the end before, he wants it, and really he's like a reincarnation of Ron Artest.

Jeff Foster, Monster rebounder.

JO-please, he will blow it out the water! This man is a warrior!

Stephen Jackson-I seriously had my doubts about him in the beginning. I almost convinced myself that he was one of the main reasons Ron was out, and I just didn't want to see Reggie Replaced right in front of me, or Reggie for that matter. Now I see that this man can step up and be a vital part in alot of positions.

The main part of the Pacer's post season, is to believe, because if we sit here and doubt them, it's not gonna happen.

and Remember....................

We still have many chances for it to be MILLER TIME.

As far as I'm concerned, we already are in the finals.

Kstat
04-23-2005, 12:17 AM

I think you just made like 5 new friends.....

....and like 1235123 new enemies.....:laugh:

Dale Davis has been to the end before, he wants it, and really he's like a reincarnation of Ron Artest.

dear god.

As far as I'm concerned, we already are in the finals.

I like this guy already :laugh: He's like the anti-toad.

Harmonica
04-23-2005, 12:24 AM
I like this guy already :laugh: He's like the anti-toad.

It's Friday night and the hits just keep on coming.

indytoad
04-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Even I've never said something that rediculous. In inverse anyway.

Well, probably.

IndyToad
Attach paperclips to your toungue

8.9_seconds
04-23-2005, 12:28 AM
Quote:

I think you just made like 5 new friends.....

....and like 1235123 new enemies.....

haha, I can't help it, I love Austin Croshere!
I think the only reason people have a problem with him and his salary is that he doesn't use any of it towards Rogain, god don't shoot the man for that, besides only Karl Malone can pull that off anyway.

hey, by the way, I'm a girl, not a guy!

Kegboy
04-23-2005, 12:34 AM
hey, by the way, I'm a girl, not a guy!

Warning! You just made 1235123 new friends (even though they don't realize you could be lying and be some 300lb., 45-year old, naked guy.)

8.9_seconds
04-23-2005, 12:41 AM
hahaa Damn they caught me!

Kstat
04-23-2005, 12:53 AM
just no PMS jokes. Thats all I ask. That old bit has been used here already.

A-Train
04-23-2005, 12:59 AM
I'm not concerned because, given everything that's happened to this team this year, anything they can accomplish in the playoffs is gravy.

Do I want them to get it together and get a couple of rounds deep into the playoffs? Of course. Actually, I expect them to at least win the series vs the Celtics.

But, this team has endured so much this year, I'm just proud that they've gotten to where they are now. I'm ready to accept whatever happens and to look forward to seeing them at full strength next year.

Have I given up on this year? Hell no. But, I'm ready to enjoy whatever they have left to give.

Hicks
04-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Warning! You just made 1235123 new friends

:lol2: