PDA

View Full Version : On other basketball news how about them Cavs.

Ragnar
04-21-2005, 12:31 AM
This should be a lesson to any new prospective owner. If you have a playoff team when you buy the team dont fire the coach. Man what a choke job they put on in the last few weeks.,

skyfire
04-21-2005, 12:41 AM
They were already choking before Silas got fired.
They should have hired a replacement who knew the heimlich maneuver.

I bet this makes Melo all the more smug knowing that his rival who was playing superstar all season while people bagged him out wont be going to the finals again. I think it will be shortlived smugness tho, Bowen will eat Melo up.

Hoop
04-21-2005, 01:40 AM
I thought I heard them say the Cavs are the first team ever to win 30 of their first 50 games and not make the playoffs. :blush:

aceace
04-21-2005, 01:56 AM
Cleveland Plain Dealer/ from hoopshype

Yes, NBA execs and the national media have done some massive hand-wringing over the Cavs postseason hopes. (Really, has any other team in NBA history, fighting merely to make the No. 8 - and final - playoff spot ever generated more nationwide drama?) But the Cavs are hardly drawing unanimous sympathy for their playoff plight. More than few NBA insiders (or conspiracy theorists) have grumbled that in recent games, refs made curious calls favoring the Cavs' in general - and team superstar LeBron James, a major TV attraction, in particular.

So maybe all those strange calls against the Pacers in the Knicks series back in the 90's were a little strange after all.

Suaveness
04-21-2005, 01:57 AM
They had better not **** off Lebron