PDA

View Full Version : Was Ronnie at the ceremony?

Dr Huxtable
04-20-2005, 11:40 PM
I didn't see him, but then again I don't recall seeing JB.

Also, why was he allowed on the bench? I'm sure this has been asked but I don't want to look through all of the game thread.

Jermaniac
04-20-2005, 11:41 PM
I think he was probably there just in the back. You couldnt really see the players cause it was so dark but I bet he was there. I think that was the reason he was allowed to be at this game.

Dr Huxtable
04-20-2005, 11:42 PM
When Mark Boyle said that the Simons have one more thing for him, I was certain they were going to announce that Ronnie would be allowed to the playoffs. :laugh:

Lord Helmet
04-20-2005, 11:51 PM
When Mark Boyle said that the Simons have one more thing for him, I was certain they were going to announce that Ronnie would be allowed to the playoffs. :laugh:
Me too. :laugh:

Ragnar
04-20-2005, 11:53 PM
They said durring the broadcast that the league had made an exception to let Ron be there just for this game because it was Reggie's last game.

Manuel
04-20-2005, 11:57 PM
They said durring the broadcast that the league had made an exception to let Ron be there just for this game because it was Reggie's last game.

Ok, then extend that exception into the playoffs. ;) :devil:

shags
04-21-2005, 12:02 AM

Well, in the 2nd half he did say "At least we HOPE the league gave him permission." He was kidding, but I thought it was pretty funny.

Unclebuck
04-21-2005, 12:14 AM
Good to see Ronnie

kybjones
04-21-2005, 12:55 AM
Ron came out in a black suit with the players when the lights were still on and got a big applause.

BigMac
04-21-2005, 01:36 AM
He was also on the bench for the entire game. He looked sharp and he even worked on some defensive technique teaching with Fred Jones in the 3rd quarter during a timeout while the coaches huddled.

It was GREAT to see him there and if he can be there for that, he should be allowed to play in the playoffs.

pacersfan123
04-21-2005, 02:04 AM
Yeah as soon as I walked in to the best locker room through the lockerroom there he was with his wife and kids we walked with him and shook his hand. It was pretty neat night overall.

ChicagoJ
04-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Its been covered I see - Ronnie was on the bench all game and was present during the ceremony.

I even snapped a picture of "Justin" for all his little fans... as soon as I get the film developed I'll have to figure out how to post them.

:dunce:

Ronnie was sitting next to JB for most of the game, so I will caption the picture with "bball and Jay's favorite Pacers" :tongue:

Graywolf_59
04-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Here he is @ last nite's game--The NBA made a xception just for Reggie's Swan song!:)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/Graywolf59/RM_31_LHG/343733423232fp63ot23444984XROQDF2323839786573ot1ls i.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/Graywolf59/Sports_pictures/343733423232fp63ot23444984XROQDF2323839786573ot1ls i.jpg

cramerica
04-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Scot looks deep in thought. Ron looks good, only if that yellow he's wearing was in a different location.

Unclebuck
04-21-2005, 04:32 PM
I even snapped a picture of "Justin" for all his little fans... as soon as I get the film developed I'll have to figure out how to post them.

Maybe I need some help. But Ronnie was looking good last night. I was mad the camera did not show him more.

What is the saying, absence makes the heart grow fonder. Well my heart is plenty fond

Spicoli
04-21-2005, 04:38 PM
Tins, Hulk, and JB could have followed Artest's example and at least tried to somewhat dress up for their teammates retirement celebration.....

indygeezer
04-21-2005, 04:53 PM
How fast do you think they could have gotten RA outta the building if Reggie had really gone off on Joey Crawford?

Since86
04-21-2005, 04:58 PM
Tins, Hulk, and JB could have followed Artest's example

Never thought I'd see those words in that order.......

grace
04-21-2005, 06:06 PM
At least JB was wearing a nice shirt.

I already asked Kegboy this, but I don't think he ever answered. Next year when they retire Reggie's jersey if Jamaal is still a Pacer and if he's still hurt and not playing will he wear a friggin' suit for the ceremony!!!!!!!!!

Kegboy
04-21-2005, 06:07 PM
At least JB was wearing a nice shirt.

I already asked Kegboy this, but I don't think he ever answered. Next year when they retire Reggie's jersey if Jamaal is still a Pacer and if he's still hurt and not playing will he wear a friggin' suit for the ceremony!!!!!!!!!

I thought the question was retorical.

No, he won't. I told you, Jamaal Jr. dresses better.

Anthem
04-21-2005, 06:08 PM
Never thought I'd see those words in that order.......

:laugh: Not without a dustpan being involved, anyway...

:maniac:

grace
04-21-2005, 07:03 PM
I thought the question was retorical.

No, he won't. I told you, Jamaal Jr. dresses better.

I've come up with a way for Reggie to stay involved with the Pacers without being a coach (something he said he doesn't want to do). My idea? Pacer fashion consultant.

Reggie the Fashion Czar's rules for the fasionable Pacer:

1. The day after the player makes the opening day roster said player must purchase one suit deamed suitable by the Fashion Czar. Appropriate footwear also.

2a. Those players who start the year out on the injured list must at the very least must purchase 2 alternate outfits i.e. slacks and a nice sweater.

2b. When being placed on the injured list after the season starts said player has until the end of the 5 games to purchase additional clothing. "But I'm only going to be on for 5 games" is not an acceptable excuse for non-compliance.

3. Jamaal Tinsely rule: At no time under any circumstances will t-shirts and jeans be allowed on the bench. The wearing of shorts, other than when in uniform (practice or game) is an offense punishable by death.

4. There will be no exceptions to the above rules. No, "but I tweaked my back in the pre-game shoot around." Keep a pair of Dockers and a shirt in your locker for such emergencies.

5. Any player wanting to ammend above rules must first play in the NBA for 18 years before petitioning the Czar.

Jermaniac
04-21-2005, 07:18 PM
What is wrong with wearing what Jamaal wears? If thats what he feels most comfortable in then he should wear it. Allen Iverson never wears suits cause he said thats not his personality and he wont wear them, I guess Jamaal is like that too. I dont see what the big deal is with what they wear.

grace
04-21-2005, 07:45 PM
What is wrong with wearing what Jamaal wears? If thats what he feels most comfortable in then he should wear it. Allen Iverson never wears suits cause he said thats not his personality and he wont wear them, I guess Jamaal is like that too. I dont see what the big deal is with what they wear.

I'm betting you're probably close to half my age so I'm not going to get into this debate with you. Considering I cannot stand Allen Iverson his opinion doesn't mean squat to me.

I don't mean to sound argumentative. I meant for the Czar stuff to be humorous.

Anthem
04-21-2005, 07:53 PM
I like it, Grace. And I'm probably half your age (no offense).

It's part of being a professional. Students think everyone should dress like students, but I think professionals should dress the part.

SoupIsGood
04-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Ron was looking sharp, reminded me of that photoshoot thing he was in earlier.

SoupIsGood
04-21-2005, 07:59 PM
It's part of being a professional. Students think everyone should dress like students, but I think professionals should dress the part.

I agree. The way Jamaal dresses for the games is really tacky.

grace
04-21-2005, 08:02 PM

If you're half Reggie's age you're probably half my age.:(

Anthem
04-21-2005, 08:04 PM
If you're half Reggie's age you're probably half my age.:(

Nope, I'm older than that. I guess I'm not as young as I thought. Or else you're not as old as I thought.

:blush:

ChicagoJ
04-21-2005, 08:05 PM

Eh, we run into this in the professional world all the time, too.

Certainly here in the financial district of Chicago, "Business casual" seems to be on the way out. If you don't take yourself seriously enough to dress appropriately (professionally), then you can't complain that nobody else does, either.

It may not be right, but its human nature. If you dress like a bum, people are going to assume you're a bum.

Granted, its a different world for professional basketball players, but they certainly make enough money that asking them to wear a suit when they sit behind the bench isn't a 'hardship'. But since the Pacers allow it, its obviously a bigger deal to fans that have grown accumsted to the historical rules and norms than it is to the organization these players are paid to represent.

grace
04-21-2005, 08:13 PM
It's not the Pacers it's the whole league. You can't make them dress better because they'd go complaining to the Players Association.

As tacky as Jamison Brewer's pimp suits were at least he made an attempt at dressing up.