PDA

View Full Version : Boston, here we come!

Suaveness
04-20-2005, 10:44 PM
This is going to be an interesting series. We cannot, CANNOT take them lightly. They are very tough. Remember, they beat us 2 years ago when WE were the higher seed. We are tired, and frankly tonight does not make me feel excited

On a good note, Jermaine looked better. I am very worried though

Doug in CO
04-20-2005, 10:49 PM
take them lightly? I would guess we are the underdog

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-20-2005, 10:55 PM
It's going to be a great series. It was really good seeing JO back in action and playing decent tonight. I hope we can stay healthy...

ajbry
04-20-2005, 11:15 PM
Got plans to go to Game 5, hope to get good seats.

On the other hand, Boston should be pretty tough. The Celts are young, energetic, athletic, and play good team ball. None of which I saw tonight by the Pacers.

indytoad
04-20-2005, 11:52 PM
If the Pacers play like they did in the second half of tonights game it should be a good series. If they come out like they did in the first half, well...

IndyToad
Use your sponges

TheHotShot31
04-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Freddie and Cro need to step up if we are gonna have any chance of winning this series.

PaceBalls
04-21-2005, 12:10 AM
The good thing is, they are entering the series on a high note. Imagine if they had lost that game tonight and then had to endure that tribute knowing they had lost their last 4 games and were facing Detroit.

But the P's pulled it out, JO had a good 3rd quarter with the left hand and the celts lost ( i think they did)

Advantage Pacers

also, is there gonna be a post season prediction thread like last year soon? I got 50 play poker chips on Ultimate Bet on Dallas vs Indiana in the finals :p

BostonConnection
04-21-2005, 12:17 AM
The Celts have been a real Jeckle-and-Hyde team in the last 2 months after re-acquiring Antoine Walker. We know what Pierce and Walker can do, but unlike past seasons when the main worry was from having a scrub like Walter McCarty explode for a big game out of nowhere, this Celtics team has on paper a very deep team - veterans like Lafrenz and Payton, the potential explosiveness of Ricky Davis, and Boston's dangerous young guns (Jefferson, West, Allen, Banks). And having a guy like Mark Blount available either off the bench or as a starter doesn't hurt either.

All that being said, I think that the fact that this particular Celtics team have never all played together in the playoffs gives the Pacers a very good chance to take the series, despite all the injuries and adversity. Perhaps in a strange way, even because of all the injuries and adversity this team has faced this season.

Hey PacerTom, are you game for another venture into enemy territory? :cool: