PDA

View Full Version : Shaq may miss a playoff game..

Kstat
04-20-2005, 12:46 PM
Shaq: "I've been getting a lot of rest"
ESPN.com news services

Miami Heat center Shaquille O'Neal said on Tuesday that his thigh still has swelling, and he won't know his playoff status until the game draws nearer.

Shaquille O'Neal
Center
Miami Heat

2004-2005 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
73 22.9 10.4 2.7 .601 .461

"I really can't bend it," O'Neal told The Miami Herald of his right leg. "It's pretty swollen. I've been doing double, triple treatments. Right now, I just have to see how it goes. If I can bend it, if I can run and jump, then I'll be ready to go."

O'Neal isn't worried about needing a large amount of preparation for Sunday's playoff opener, saying he just needs a little work on Saturday to get ready.

"The playoff season is a different season," O'Neal told the paper. "You have to be mentally and physically ready. I just want to be 95 percent physically ready to go.

"Even though it's been a strange two, three weeks for me, I've been in bed, I've been getting a lot of rest. I've been getting a lot of physical rest and a lot of mental rest. People know usually when I get a lot of rest, I usually come out and do work. I know how to turn the bad into good always."

O'Neal, who didn't participate in the team's shootaround Tuesday morning, suffered the injury in Sunday's 84-80 win over Indiana. He was kneed by Pacers forward Jermaine O'Neal while defending a drive to the basket, and left just before halftime.

PacersFan
04-20-2005, 05:07 PM
poor thing

Cactus Jax
04-20-2005, 05:14 PM
poor thing

LOL

I have a better chance of winning the lottery than Shaq does of missing the 1st playoff game. He's not going to sit out that game.

3ptmiller
04-20-2005, 05:34 PM
:applaud:

3Ball
04-20-2005, 05:47 PM
How can a man shoot 60% from the floor and on 45% from the line? How is that POSSIBLE? Does he just need to have one elbow on someone's neck to hit a shot? Maybe he should, say, get Michael Doleac to come up to the line with him, spear him in the neck with an elbow, then hit the free throw.

3ptmiller
04-20-2005, 06:03 PM
How can a man shoot 60% from the floor and on 45% from the line? How is that POSSIBLE? Does he just need to have one elbow on someone's neck to hit a shot? Maybe he should, say, get Michael Doleac to come up to the line with him, spear him in the neck with an elbow, then hit the free throw.

Because he almost never shoots the ball? :D Thats one of the reasons why i dont like Shaq(as a player), he is a "cheater". He uses his body and strength to score, he just box out people and drive over them like a train to dunk or make a baby hook shot... but hey! at least he scores! But think if he was only 6 feet tall? And cant even hit a freethrow and he is supposed to shoot 3PT shots! And he is still considered to be one of the best players of all time and one of the best Centers! Lets compare him to Hakeem Olajuwon/David Robinson/Patrick Ewing for example, those players was exactly like Shaq but could shoot aswell and have ballhandling skills.. those are "real centers", real ballers, Shaq is only exploiting basketball.. but hey! only my opinion :)