PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Pacers start on Thursday no matter what

Unclebuck
05-01-2004, 12:22 AM
I really hope the heat and Hornets goes 7 games for sure now. If the heat win Sunday, then they get just the right amount of rest for game 1 Thursday

http://www.indystar.com/sports/pacers/

Date set for Pacers' second-round matchup

The Indiana Pacers will begin second-round action in the NBA playoffs next Thursday, regardless of what happens in the Miami-New Orleans series.

TheSauceMaster
05-01-2004, 01:03 AM
I guess that makes sense , it would be in the HEat's best intrest to close out the Hornets on Sunday so they can get some rest also.

Eindar
05-01-2004, 04:24 PM
If that game goes 7, we'll destroy whoever the winner is, due to sheer fatigue. They're already going to be tired from playing so hard to win the series, but also, the winning team, if it goes 7, will be in New Orleans on Sunday, Miami on Tuesday, and Indianapolis on Thursday.

Mr. Pink
05-01-2004, 07:05 PM
I can't wait...I think my friend is gonna be able to get some tickets!

I haven't been able to go to a Pacers game cheering for the Pacers and I'm ready TO!

Sactolover

Roaming Gnome
05-01-2004, 07:12 PM
I guess it gives us more time to sell tickets :unimpressed: ...What the heck is going on here? It is sad when the editorial staff of The Star has to ask fans to buy tickets in their feature editorial. You know... "Our Position is"

Fill those seats for the Pacers (http://www.indystar.com/articles/3/142742-6653-021.html)

May 1, 2004

Our position is: It's time for even casual fans to climb aboard the Pacers bandwagon.

The Indiana Pacers have the best record in the NBA; stand an excellent chance of playing in the NBA finals; boast two All-Stars, a future hall of famer and the NBA slam-dunk champion; have the best arena in basketball -- and yet failed to sell out the first two playoff games.

Go figure.

Although the Pacers convincingly swept the Boston Celtics in the first round, Boston drew more and louder fans -- even if some were booing their own players.

Attendance at regular-season Pacers games has steadily slipped since all 41 games at Conseco Fieldhouse were sold out during its inaugural year. There are a lot of explanations: Indiana's weak economy; a rebuilding team; the effects of 9/11; fans tapped out by the Colts playoff run; declining interest in pro basketball because of the emergence of few superstars the caliber of Michael Jordan; or the dominance of Western Conference teams.

It also hasn't helped in building fan loyalty that the Pacers cut back on the number of locally televised games this season. That's a situation Pacers management and local advertisers should change next year.

But the maturation of the Pacers permits few excuses during the current playoff run. This team is for real and getting better by the game. Given the age of the players, the length of their contracts, the depth of the roster, and the caliber of both the coaching staff and the front office, they should be playoff contenders for years to come.

Now what are needed are fans to match the franchise.

By the time the second round of the playoffs finally begins, Conseco should be standing room only with a crowd that's deafening.

These, after all, are your Indiana Pacers. And this is the home and heart of Hoosier Hysteria.

ROCislandWarrior
05-01-2004, 07:16 PM
If that game goes 7, we'll destroy whoever the winner is, due to sheer fatigue. They're already going to be tired from playing so hard to win the series, but also, the winning team, if it goes 7, will be in New Orleans on Sunday, Miami on Tuesday, and Indianapolis on Thursday.

Baron Davis is beat up. He looks like Tmac did 2 years ago.

Miami is not a good road team so I expect this to go 7