PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Forum Awards Poll!

Hicks
04-19-2005, 07:58 PM
This has to do with the Best Foreign Poster Award. I am splitting it up between Best Foreign Poster (I.E. isn't a local) and Best Non-Pacer Fan (anyone, anywhere, who roots for one of the bad guys).

What I'm having trouble deciding, and need your help, is just who counts as a foreigner?

Should it be anyone who doesn't live in Indiana, the USA, or North America?

Hicks
04-19-2005, 08:55 PM
Indiana and USA are tied at 6 right now. I'd really appreciate some responses to explain your votes.

SoupIsGood
04-19-2005, 09:00 PM
I think, for most of us, the word "foriegn" implies somewhere outside America. Besides, it just seems silly to me to award fans who live in different states.

rabid
04-19-2005, 09:05 PM
I think, for most of us, the word "foriegn" implies somewhere outside America. Besides, it just seems silly to me to award fans who live in different states.

Ditto.

skyfire
04-19-2005, 09:05 PM
oops i meant to do USA, but voted for North America.
If it is Indiana, then Kstat will win for being the most vocal non-pacers fan on here.

SoupIsGood
04-19-2005, 09:06 PM
Damn, you quoted me before I could fix the typo.

Arcadian
04-19-2005, 09:07 PM
As much as I would like to be eligiable it seems silly to see Jay nominated as a foriegner. It should be restricted to true foriegners. They don't live in the US and this award is all they have. ;) Besides it will probable give more people a chance to be nominated by eliminating popular out of state posters from the catagory.

Will Galen
04-19-2005, 09:08 PM
I don't think you should include those outside of Indiana as foreigners. For instant. I was born and raised in Indiana and it's outside the words definition to say I'm a foreigner.

Will Galen
04-19-2005, 09:09 PM

What he said!

Hicks
04-19-2005, 09:10 PM
oops i meant to do USA, but voted for North America.
If it is Indiana, then Kstat will win for being the most vocal non-pacers fan on here.

The way the Best Non-Pacer Fan works isn't meant to be "worst enemy", simply the best poster on PD who happens to not be a Pacers fan.

ChicagoJ
04-19-2005, 09:22 PM
a) I think it would be silly for me to be considered a foreigner, no matter how its defined, since I'm an Indy native. But someone like EFX who's making his first trip to Indiana this weekend probably should be eligible along with our non-US-based friends.

b) btown: :punch:

pollardfreek
04-19-2005, 10:47 PM
I've never been within 500 miles of Indiana. Does that count?

3ptmiller
04-19-2005, 11:18 PM
I voted for outside USA/North America.. for the "real foreigners" :D

Kegboy
04-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Come on, it's got to be outside North America. I don't want rcarey and any of his ilk getting any votes. As the song says, "They're not even a real country, anyway."

:sarcasm: :tongue:

(Great, now I'll have that song stuck in my head all night. ...and that ***** Anne Murray too...)

ABADays
04-20-2005, 12:58 AM
I voted for outside a 25-mile radius of Indianapolis.

Anthem
04-20-2005, 02:08 AM
I said Indiana so that I'd be eligible.

At least I'm honest.

Bball
04-20-2005, 03:42 AM
Foreign poster should NOT be a US citizen. That's how I see it. If you want to have an award for "Favorite Non Indiana Resident" then that could include those outside the USA as well as in it... Or just have sep awards for the two.

I think we have several 'foreign' posters using my definition (not US citizens) and obviously they aren't the majority, but then that's why there would be this category. And I think recognizing these 'non-US citizens and their support of the Pacers would be a nice thing... unless they are French. No French allowed. :) j/k

Please note... the line about the French was a joke. It was sarcasm. ;)

-Bball

Doug in CO
04-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Can there be an award for the best poster living in Connecticut?

I think it should be outside of Indiana - there are handicaps as far as seeing games and getting to them that we share.

grace
04-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Do be considered local do you have to be born in Indiana or just live here? I wasn't born in Indiana, but have lived here longer than a lot of you have been alive. As for where I was born I renounced that citizenship as of 11/20/04.

Hicks
04-20-2005, 12:25 PM
In my book you're a local if you either grew up in Indiana or have spent a huge portion of your life here.

grace
04-20-2005, 01:07 PM
In my book you're a local if you either grew up in Indiana or have spent a huge portion of your life here.

:thankyou:

sweabs
04-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Come on, it's got to be outside North America. I don't want rcarey and any of his ilk getting any votes. As the song says, "They're not even a real country, anyway."

:sarcasm: :tongue:

(Great, now I'll have that song stuck in my head all night. ...and that ***** Anne Murray too...)

I knew you guys didn't like us!!! I knew it!

Don't hold it against me that I have not/will not be able to log on as much. As I stated in the Entertainment thread, I had a brilliant idea to reinstall Windows on my PC.......and now it is :censored: up. So, until my friend comes to work on it, I will have fairly limited access. I'll make an effort to vote for all these awards though.

LouisvilleLip
04-20-2005, 03:42 PM
lol canadian haters

Doug in CO
04-20-2005, 04:29 PM
lol canadian haters

We love America Junior

Mourning
04-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Ooops! My first evah double post :blush:

Mourning
04-20-2005, 05:00 PM
b) btown: :punch:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mourning
04-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Foreign poster should NOT be a US citizen. That's how I see it. If you want to have an award for "Favorite Non Indiana Resident" then that could include those outside the USA as well as in it... Or just have sep awards for the two.

I think we have several 'foreign' posters using my definition (not US citizens) and obviously they aren't the majority, but then that's why there would be this category. And I think recognizing these 'non-US citizens and their support of the Pacers would be a nice thing... unless they are French. No French allowed. :) j/k

Please note... the line about the French was a joke. It was sarcasm. ;)

-Bball

Frenchie hater!!!

;)

Please note... the line above says nothing that I don't aggree with. It was the godhonest truth ;).

On topic:

Foreigner indicates non-US citizen. So, every other country and semi-countries/satellites (like Canada ;) Sorry Rcarey and LouisvilleLip jk.).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

ABADays
04-20-2005, 05:32 PM
Isn't Canada where they send people who can't qualify to become a Kentuckian?

Suaveness
04-20-2005, 06:17 PM
What's Canada?

SoupIsGood
04-20-2005, 06:26 PM
What's Canada?

I think it's a type of dehydrated Ginger Ale..... you know, like the astronauts use. :cool:

Natston
04-20-2005, 06:39 PM
What's Canada?

He was an ex Buc and Colt player...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12263

http://www.sptimes.com/Bucs/99mugshots/Cannida.jpg http://www.sptimes.com/News/082400/photos/sp-cannida.jpg

Bball
04-21-2005, 03:20 AM
Canada has funny bacon.

On another note... the IHSAA has told me to run the idea past the mods of making the awards be divided into classes. They say it isn't fair to posters who barely post and only have a few posts to their name to compete against posters with larger post counts. Obviously the posters with larger post counts will almost always win. Someone with a small post count would need a series of almost perfect posts to breakthru and win an award against these more vociferous posters.

-Bball

More sarcasm was included in this post...

flying dutchman
04-21-2005, 03:45 AM
What's Canada?

It's a place where you still can buy Buckler!