PDA

View Full Version : Ok enough is enough, just go on record

Harddrive7
04-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Yes or no answer, Do you want Ron back on the team next year period? I would like to see just how split everyone is on this.

rushmore
04-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Yes, I want Ron back on the team next year. Period. No further comment.

Stryder
04-19-2005, 11:44 AM
Yes, I want Artest on next year's team.

dannyboy
04-19-2005, 11:45 AM
I am a fence rider. I would love to have him back, but I would surely understand and get over it if he is traded (just like Jalen Rose).

RWB
04-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Yes, I want Ron Artest back on the Pacers.

Natston
04-19-2005, 11:51 AM
Yesh.

naptownmenace
04-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Yes. Unless he can be packaged for Shawn Marion or Rashard Lewis.

He cost us the season, he should at least have the opportunity to make up for it next year.

Suaveness
04-19-2005, 11:53 AM
HELL yes.

Harddrive7
04-19-2005, 11:54 AM
I am a fence rider. I would love to have him back, but I would surely get over it if he is traded (just like Jalen Rose).

So yes or no? I really want to keep track of this because I really want to see what the board consensus is.

What gets me is this has been viewed by several people yet only a very few have replied. My thinking is that there are some that simply just like to argue about this rather than give a definitive answer.

Mushmouth
04-19-2005, 11:54 AM
Can't wait for Ron-Ron to come back.

CAN'T WAIT!

Fool
04-19-2005, 11:58 AM
What gets me is this has been viewed by several people yet only a very few have replied. My thinking is that there are some that simply just like to argue about this rather than give a definitive answer.

(Just so you know) I've veiwed it twice now but I assume I am not in the universe for this poll (I assume its only intended for Pacer fans) and so I haven't voted.

Gyron
04-19-2005, 12:01 PM
YES, I want Ron back on this team.

Peck
04-19-2005, 12:03 PM
There are just to many variables for me to give a yes or no answer.

If your saying he comes back a changed man & will not disrupt the offense, not be disruptive behind the scenes, limit flagarant fouls to only Allen Iverson & on occasion Ben Wallace then yes, I wouldn't mind him returning.

But if your saying he comes back as is then no thank you.

So, until proven otherwise, I will say no thanks. Although I freely admit the idea of Dale & Ron together makes me want to pull out my shirt, threaten someone & then yell "We ride together". :buddies:

Remember there are those of us that were fed up with Ron way way way before the brawl. Some of us wanted him gone last season, not next season.

So, I guess if you want a yes or no answer then I will say No, I don't want him back.

Although I have been known to change my mind. ;)

dobermanpharaoh
04-19-2005, 12:04 PM
YES.I think it's obvious how important he is to our team.BUT i am still kinda mad at him too.So yes,yes,yes.

Indyfan
04-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Yes, not going to win it all without him.

ChicagoJ
04-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Do you really need me to answer?? :blush:

Harddrive7
04-19-2005, 12:09 PM
Do you really need me to answer?? :blush:

Sorry Jay, I think we all know where you stand on this. No need. Although for the record...:laugh:

MagicRat
04-19-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm pretty sure I said at the last forum party that I didn't want him back this season but I'd take him back next season. I'll stick with that.

Myles Brand may have to stroll across town to help implement a zero tolerance policy, though........

Harmonica
04-19-2005, 12:14 PM
Yes, I want him back...until mid-season, when his saintly behavior pays huge dividends by being able to unload him on another team for some decent talent.

waxman
04-19-2005, 12:15 PM
yessiree

NavyPacersFan
04-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Since its for the record...YES!

diamonddave00
04-19-2005, 12:16 PM
I agree with Peck too many variables. I'm still not 100% sold Ron will not explode again next season. You'd assume he won't but ,how can we be sure?

In some ways I'd still rather shop him and let him and the Pacers start anew. If Walsh/Bird could get a reasonable deal go for it.

If Artest has truely changed , great if not he is done in the NBA , Stern will make sure of that.

As for now like Peck , I have to say no if its a total yes or no vote.

wintermute
04-19-2005, 12:25 PM
no, i want him gone. not because he's not a great player (he is), but because he is a great distraction.

peck's post says it all, actually.

i have sinking suspicion that artest will be back though, mostly because i doubt any other team will make a decent trade offer for him.

indytoad
04-19-2005, 12:33 PM
If you can get a decent player for him (thinking Odom, or even Posey) that won't be such a distration, I'm all for it for it. If not, guess you can give him one last chance before dumping him entirely. I guess that means I'm voting no.

IndyToad
Here, hold this spoon for me

jkimb950
04-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Definatly a yes. Ron is the MVP of our team. He's not necessarily the best or most talented, but he is the most needed player on the Pacers.

Jaydawg2270
04-19-2005, 12:38 PM
yes beacause if we trade him we would never get equal value

heywoode
04-19-2005, 12:40 PM
Yes, I want him back.

If he does anything remotely flaky I would trade him for a warm case of Miller Lite if that's what it takes to get rid of him.

I agree that he should be given the chance to prove us all wrong and make up for what he did to us this year. (OT: I still think there were plenty others who shoulder more of the blame than Ronnie for the brawl. Only explanation I can give is that if someone came to my work, $200 courtside seats or not, and threw beer in my face, they've got a beating coming.....) OK, I've dismounted my soapbox....

Reggie4Three
04-19-2005, 01:00 PM
Yes.

NotLosingButWinning
04-19-2005, 01:07 PM
yes

Hicks
04-19-2005, 01:12 PM
Ultimately my heart goes back to the basketball court, and I want Ron Artest the player back. He does anything at all that resembles his fruity side, kick him to the curb.

Basically I agree with Peck.

Chest Rockwell
04-19-2005, 01:15 PM
Ron Artest is such a difference maker. His ability to guard three positions allows the Pacers to slow down the opponents best player most games. Yes, I want him back.

Hopefully, his career trajectory will be the opposite of Rodman, who won titles as a young player then went batty as he grew older. If Artest can leave the insanity behind, all of this risk is worth it. If he continues to screw up, then we can unload his ***.

It's just too risky to trade him now without seeing how he responds to this suspension.

Ragnar
04-19-2005, 01:17 PM
yes

aceace
04-19-2005, 01:18 PM
YES, Because A= We would get nothing in a trade B= He's a great player C= If getting screwed out of 5 million dollars doesnt teach you nothing will D= If he screws up again the Pacers can void his contract. E= I love to watch him guard someone

Anthem
04-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Yes.

You know, there's this thing called a poll...

Unclebuck
04-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Yes

RWB
04-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Ron Artest is such a difference maker.

Exactly why I'm ready for the man to come back.

Reggie4Three
04-19-2005, 01:38 PM
I think a bunch of people are out of their mind when they say something like "if he does anything at all get rid of him". If you think that Ron Artest will never get another flagrant foul, never have another altercation, or never leave people scratching their heads with his comments again, you are out of your mind.

What will never happen again is that he will get into it with a fan. That was such an extreme, unprecedented, isolated circumstance that I would bet anything that it never happens again in the NBA to any player.

Winning a championship is not easy for reasons like this. Every championship team overcomes challenges of some type and it's clear to me that for the Pacers to win a championship their challenge to overcome is to manage Ron Artest and help mold him, JO, and Jackson into a cohesive unit on the floor, particularly on the offensive end.

If the Pacers trade Artest, they aren't winning a championship anytime soon. It's that simple.

Harddrive7
04-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Yes.

You know, there's this thing called a poll...

I know, Im having a bad day and it didn't even cross the mind. Bu tyes that would have been a ton easier. :blush:

Los Angeles
04-19-2005, 01:40 PM
No.

The reason I'm voting "no" is because I don't believe we live in a black-and-white world where one-word answers are enough to prove anything. I put up my "no" as an attempt to represent all the people who have read this thread and don't even want to discuss the topic. And finally, I put up my "no" because I find it hard to believe that I'll enjoy the pure spirit of the Pacers when he's playing. In other words, every time he steps on the court, there will be a voice in the back of my mind that says "Oh God, Ron, PLEASE don't do anything stupid."

Harddrive7
04-19-2005, 01:44 PM
No.

The reason I'm voting "no" is because I don't believe we live in a black-and-white world where one-word answers are enough to prove anything. I put up my "no" as an attempt to represent all the people who have read this thread and don't even want to discuss the topic. And finally, I put up my "no" because I find it hard to believe that I'll enjoy the pure spirit of the Pacers when he's playing. In other words, every time he steps on the court, there will be a voice in the back of my mind that says "Oh God, Ron, PLEASE don't do anything stupid."

Well thank God you live in LA then, you won't have to say it as often. :laugh:

Los Angeles
04-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Well thank God you live in LA then, you won't have to say it as often. :laugh:
That's a BAD thing. :(

CURSE YOU, ABC!!! CUURRSSEE YYOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

:D

heywoode
04-19-2005, 01:54 PM
For the record, I would define 'flaky' as something that gets him suspended or gets his teammates pissed at him, therefore causing a distraction.

I don't mind the flagrant fouls so much, as it only adds to his hype as the DPOY...If it is every other game then they will rack up and get him suspended and fit the 'flaky' definition.

To think that he isn't going to do some of the other things Reggie4Three stated would be a little naive. Ron is a quirky guy and he always will be. I wasn't trying to say that he needs a zero tolerance policy handed down by Myles Brand, although I'd rather deal with him than Stern...

I don't agree with the sentiment that a player will never go schizo again. I think with the emotions in the game today and the unruly behavior of the fans that is generally tolerated, even after the brawl, it will eventually happen again where a player simply cannot control his anger no matter how hard he tries....Pistons fans are good for inciting that kind of action....

Maybe Ron will run into Ben Wallace's brother at Best Buy......

recap
04-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Yes. I want him back. I often watch games and fantasize about the defense we can have with DD, JO, RA, SJ, and Tinsley playing together.

RWB
04-19-2005, 02:00 PM
No.

The reason I voted yes is because of being a fan in the early 80's when Herb Williams and Clark Kellogg were going to save our franchise. When teams came into MSA and just gave us the beat down. I've stated this before but it's worth repeating to explain why the way I feel.

It was after a Portland game and I'm sorry but I can't remember which player but I do remember what was said in the interview. Blazer "Yeah, they've got a lot of nice guys on that team. I almost feel sorry for them. It's like playing a CBA team" end quote. That has stuck with me for a very long time. Back when a .500 season was something you could only dream about. I personally don't want to go back to the nice guys finish last years.

rabid
04-19-2005, 02:12 PM
Yes. He gets one more chance - not just with the Pacers but with the league. It's a risk, but a risk I'm willing to take.

If we trade him for peanuts J.O. will be past his prime by the time we are a title contender again. So, what the hell.

Plus I REALLY REALLY miss him on the court.

Oh, yeah, and check the sig.

grace
04-19-2005, 02:12 PM
In other words, every time he steps on the court, there will be a voice in the back of my mind that says "Oh God, Ron, PLEASE don't do anything stupid."

Substitute "Dale" for "Ron" and that's how I feel when Dale is on the court. Granted, Dale doesn't go postal as much as Ron has, but the potential is always there.

As for the original question I say yes. Hell yes if he takes his meds.

cramerica
04-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Yes.

flying dutchman
04-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Hell Yes!!!!!!

PacerMan
04-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Nope, as an ex baseballer, it's always '3 strikes and you're out'.

dannyboy
04-19-2005, 02:34 PM
So yes or no? I really want to keep track of this because I really want to see what the board consensus is.

Gotcha. I left for a while.

One word: Yes.

EDIT: Peck pretty much explained what I meant by my first response.

Jose Slaughter
04-19-2005, 02:37 PM
yes

Since86
04-19-2005, 02:38 PM
He does anything at all that resembles his fruity side, kick him to the curb.

Are you suggesting that he's been hitting(no pun intended) on the other Pacers Players? ;)

Yes, I want him back.

bread
04-19-2005, 02:45 PM
Definitely YES!

I mean... what's the worst that could happen... he goes into the stands to attack a drunk fan, gets himself and the 2 next best players suspended, we get riddled with injuries all season long and have to endure watching guys like Britton Johnsen and John Edwards actually start games and play significant minutes? What are the odds? :D

Alabama-Redneck
04-19-2005, 03:06 PM
YES !!!

:cool:

PaceBalls
04-19-2005, 04:11 PM
unless they can trade him for Lebron, yes...

Ron is the best player on this team. Which has been proven to me by watching JO's game this year. It's obvious to me JO's game is very dependent on Ron's game, maybe it works both ways? i dunno... but the stats or games won with the other player out prove otherwise.

Cactus Jax
04-19-2005, 04:31 PM
I say yes

Will Galen
04-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Yes.

Slick Pinkham
04-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Yes,

Only because his value is so low you could get absolutely nothing for him, so the question is really

Are you opposed to just getting rid of Ron Artest?

A different question would involve time travel-- should we have traded Ron a year ago when opportunities DID exist. I really wanted that to happen then, and we would be far better off IMO had we traded him and not Al.

...dodging bullets, shrapnel, and canned hams...

blanket
04-19-2005, 05:40 PM
If those are the only two choices, based on what we know today, I'd say NO.

Between the replies from Peck and IndyToad, I think the reasons and variables have been well covered.

SoupIsGood
04-19-2005, 05:46 PM
I was ready to dump the guy after the CD ordeal this year...

Vicious Tyrant
04-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Abso-freakin-lutely

ABADays
04-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Yes.

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Hell YES.

Pig Nash
04-19-2005, 06:03 PM
YES, Because A= We would get nothing in a trade B= He's a great player C= If getting screwed out of 5 million dollars doesnt teach you nothing will D= If he screws up again the Pacers can void his contract. E= I love to watch him guard someone

:amen:

SoupIsGood
04-19-2005, 06:11 PM
'Bama's making a list, he's checking it twice...

;)

beast23
04-19-2005, 06:51 PM
If you really want to keep the results, why not put this in the form of a poll? That way you can list everyone who falls into each category, do a screen shot, and keep it for posterity.

Jermaniac
04-19-2005, 06:56 PM
HELL YES

skyfire
04-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Yes, I cant wait to see him back on court for the Pacers.

Shade
04-19-2005, 07:44 PM
Yep.

Unclebuck
04-19-2005, 07:44 PM
Seeing Artest for 10 seconds working out in Miami, made me scream like a 12 year old girl at a Justin Timberlake concert

Shade
04-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Seeing Artest for 10 seconds working out in Miami, made me scream like a 12 year old girl at a Justin Timberlake concert

:uhoh:

Arcadian
04-19-2005, 08:35 PM
A mild yes. I would be willing to trade him but not just dump him in a bad trade.

Will Galen
04-19-2005, 10:10 PM
Here are the results so far.

Rushmore.....................................yes
Stryder..........................................y es
Dannyboy......................................fenc e, changed to yes
RWB............................................yes
Naturallystoned..............................yesh
Naptownmenace............................yes, with qualifications
Suaveness....................................yes
Mushmouth...................................yes
Gyron............................................y es
Peck.............................................N o......................................9y..1n
Dobermanpharaoh...........................yes
Indyfan........................................... yes
Jay*Section204..............................No
Magicrat.........................................y es
Harmonica.....................................yes, with qualifications
Waxman........................................yes
NavyPacersFan..............................yes
Diamonddave00..............................no, like father like son
Wintermute....................................No
Indytoad........................................No .......................................15y..5n
jkimb950........................................ye s
Jaydawg2270.................................yes
Heywoode......................................yes
Reggie4three..................................yes
NotLosingButWinning......................yes
Hicks............................................. No
ChestRockwell................................yes
Ragnar............................................ yes
Aceace...........................................y es
Anthem...........................................y es......................................24y..6n
Unclebuck.......................................ye s
Los Angeles....................................No
Recap............................................. yes
Rapidpacersfan................................yes
Grace............................................. .yes
Cramerica........................................y es
Flying Dutchman...............................yes
PacerMan.........................................N o
Jose Slaughter..................................yes
Since86........................................... .yes.......................................32y..8n
Bread............................................. ..yes
Alabama-Redneck.............................YES
Burtrem Redneck..............................yes, with qualifications
PacerFanInAz...................................yes
Will Galen.........................................yes
Pacertom.......................................... yes
Blanket........................................... ...No
SoupIsGood.......................................N o
Vicious Tyrant....................................yes
ABADays........................................... yes.......................................40y..10n
NorCal Pacerfan.................................yes
Pig Nash.............................................y es
Jermaniac......................................... ..yes
Skyfire........................................... ....yes
Shade............................................. ...yep
Arcadian.......................................... ...yes, with qualifications

The results to this point are 46 yes, 10 no, with qualifications from both sides.

Peck
04-19-2005, 10:14 PM
Here are the results so far.

Rushmore.....................................yes
Stryder..........................................y es
Dannyboy......................................fenc e, changed to yes
RWB............................................yes
Naturallystoned..............................yesh
Naptownmenace............................yes, with qualifications
Suaveness....................................yes
Mushmouth...................................yes
Gyron............................................y es
Peck.............................................N o......................................9y..1n
Dobermanpharaoh...........................yes
Indyfan........................................... yes
Jay*Section204..............................No
Magicrat.........................................y es
Harmonica.....................................yes, with qualifications
Waxman........................................yes
NavyPacersFan..............................yes
Diamonddave00..............................no, like father like sonWintermute....................................N o
Indytoad........................................No .......................................15y..5n
jkimb950........................................ye s
Jaydawg2270.................................yes
Heywoode......................................yes
Reggie4three..................................yes
NotLosingButWinning......................yes
Hicks............................................. No
ChestRockwell................................yes
Ragnar............................................ yes
Aceace...........................................y es
Anthem...........................................y es......................................24y..6n
Unclebuck.......................................ye s
Los Angeles....................................No
Recap............................................. yes
Rapidpacersfan................................yes
Grace............................................. .yes
Cramerica........................................y es
Flying Dutchman...............................yes
PacerMan.........................................N o
Jose Slaughter..................................yes
Since86........................................... .yes.......................................32y..8n
Bread............................................. ..yes
Alabama-Redneck.............................YES
Burtrem Redneck..............................yes, with qualifications
PacerFanInAz...................................yes
Will Galen.........................................yes
Pacertom.......................................... yes
Blanket........................................... ...No
SoupIsGood.......................................N o
Vicious Tyrant....................................yes
ABADays........................................... yes.......................................40y..10n
NorCal Pacerfan.................................yes
Pig Nash.............................................y es
Jermaniac......................................... ..yes
Skyfire........................................... ....yes
Shade............................................. ...yep
Arcadian.......................................... ...yes, with qualifications

The results to this point are 46 yes, 10 no, with qualifications from both sides.

Wrong DiamondDave. This is the one that started out at the IndyStar.

I have a feeling though I know how the other Diamond Dave might vote. ;)

ChicagoJ
04-19-2005, 10:29 PM
A solid majority, which isn't really surprising when you consider (1) Ron's quality of play last season and his first seven games of this season, (2) the Pacers' PR machine and the cuddly-soft local coverage that prefers to cover up b-t-s issues instead of report them, (3) the severe punishment actually making Ron a martyr in the eyes of his fans, and (4) the selection bias of polling an already pro-Pacers constituents of a Pacers' forum.

Just because I disagree with the majority - it only means one thing; we're all calling it 'as we see it.'

Will Galen
04-19-2005, 10:29 PM
Wrong DiamondDave. This is the one that started out at the IndyStar.

I have a feeling though I know how the other Diamond Dave might vote. ;)

I guess you would know wouldn't you. (grin) I knew that and still mixed them up.

Kegboy
04-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Definitely YES!

I mean... what's the worst that could happen... he goes into the stands to attack a drunk fan, gets himself and the 2 next best players suspended, we get riddled with injuries all season long and have to endure watching guys like Britton Johnsen and John Edwards actually start games and play significant minutes? What are the odds? :D

:lmao:

As for the question at hand:

yes

!

~

indygeezer
04-20-2005, 12:26 AM
I agree with what Peck has said...

A quick story and then I'll vote. About 4 years ago I went deer hunting with an adult nephew. At noontime we went back to my truck for lunch. As we were stowing our gear, his gun went off blasting a slug into the tree next to where I stood. I've never taken my eyes off him while hunting since...and I'l never enjoy hunting with him again.

I vote NO.

stew
04-20-2005, 01:13 AM
yes, I want him back....

diamonddave00
04-20-2005, 02:14 AM
Considering I'm older than most on here I was curious if I was father or son in this discussion.

Unlike Pecks son , Diamond Dave the Van Halen one. My nickname comes from the baseball and softball diamond.

Also Geezer from one geezer to another ,we share the fear of never being at ease with Ron , even more so than before .

burnzone
04-20-2005, 02:49 AM
I am pretty much along the same lines as what Peck, and others have said.

If he truly is changed, after all the Yoga, Pilates, and therapy, and has his Chakras aligned, and will not disrupt the offense whenever he feels the urge, and will buy into the team concept, and does not cost the team any games by his extracurricular activities, and will not disrupt team chemistry, or go away from the bench and huddle during timeouts, and sit on the floor by the photographers, then yes I want him back.

But is that unrealistic to expect that all of that has changed?

Probably, but if he can resemble the same player on the court, with the same intensity, and the same dedication to defense, and protecting the basket, and use his abilities on the offensive end, without abandoning the called plays, then yes, it would be nice to have him back.

But if he for some reason snaps and goes back to the same old, same old, then all of the rehabilitation, and promising future seasons will all go out he window, and it damn sure would be hard to swallow after giving him multiple chances.

So, I guess I am in the camp of, there are way too many variables to be able to give a definite yes or no.

Yes, if he doesnt____, _____, _____, ______, ____, and _____.

No, if he isn't completely, and permanently 'cured' of his inability to play within the stated rules and boundaries all the time, without hurting the team, or others.

able
04-20-2005, 05:55 AM
Yes.

In the end it is so simple, we would be mediocre at best without him and a trade for anything close to equal value is impossible for a plentitude of reasons, so the risk we take is a "free ride" to keeping him, it can not get worse then it was this season, we can not improve the team without him and I want a championship.

indygeezer
04-20-2005, 08:44 AM
You assume it can't get worse. There still remains lifetime suspensions and he can take others with him, maybe not lifetime but we certainly saw what can happen in that regards this year didn't we? There can be sanctions imposed against the organization (ala the Timberwolves) and there can be loss of trust between the organization and the citizens of Indy in general. That may be the worst. A situation where the townfolk decide that this organization represents me and my home in a way I don't won't to be seen so I (we) choose not to trust or support them anylonger. (Note that I'm speaking of the populace here, not my personal feelings).

So don't assume that we have seen the worst that can possibly happen for his misdeeds. Also, don't forget that Ron and every member of the team/orgnization will be under a microscope next year and Ron for years to come.

RWB
04-20-2005, 09:15 AM
A situation where the townfolk decide that this organization represents me and my home in a way I don't won't to be seen so I (we) choose not to trust or support them anylonger. (Note that I'm speaking of the populace here, not my personal feelings).

A great point Geez, however let me go on record to say attendance will be down next year because Reggie is no longer a Pacer and not because of Artest. :)

ABADays
04-20-2005, 09:30 AM
I just want him to get all of his CD projects out of the way so he won't ask for time off next season.

Peck
04-20-2005, 09:30 AM
Yes.

In the end it is so simple, we would be mediocre at best without him and a trade for anything close to equal value is impossible for a plentitude of reasons, so the risk we take is a "free ride" to keeping him, it can not get worse then it was this season, we can not improve the team without him and I want a championship.

I'm sorry but that statement is so false it has to be addressed.

We have not had Ron Artest all season long & we are better than mediocre right now.

Mediocrity by definition would be 41 wins & 41 losses. We have not had Ron, Jermaine, Jamaal, Jon (if you wanna count him) & Jeff for a large number of games this season & we are better than Mediocre right now.

By your definition & by a lot of peoples definition Jermaine O'Neal is the most overpaid overhyped overrated player in the N.B.A.

Ron is a great player, but to say the entire team would be mediocre without him (at best) is just wrong.

He's not here right now & we are better than mediocre.

Kegboy
04-20-2005, 09:39 AM
I'm sorry but that statement is so false it has to be addressed.

We have not had Ron Artest all season long & we are better than mediocre right now.

Mediocrity by definition would be 41 wins & 41 losses. We have not had Ron, Jermaine, Jamaal, Jon (if you wanna count him) & Jeff for a large number of games this season & we are better than Mediocre right now.

By your definition & by a lot of peoples definition Jermaine O'Neal is the most overpaid overhyped overrated player in the N.B.A.

Ron is a great player, but to say the entire team would be mediocre without him (at best) is just wrong.

He's not here right now & we are better than mediocre.

You forget that the person who has put the team on his back and carried it all season won't be back. Take Reggie off this team today and we're worse than mediocre.

Peck
04-20-2005, 09:47 AM
You forget that the person who has put the team on his back and carried it all season won't be back. Take Reggie off this team today and we're worse than mediocre.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here but is Jermaine O'Neal that big of a piece of crap?

Seriously guys, there where a lot of you calling MVP right after that 55 point game & now were saying that Jermaine surrounded by Jackson, Tinsley, Davis, Foster, Jones, Jones, Johnson, Pollard, Harrison, Gill & Bender is less than mediocre?

I'm not saying that's a championship caliber team but I think there is a lot of hyperole being used when we say that without Ron we are less than mediocre or mediocre at best.

grace
04-20-2005, 12:48 PM
After I voted yes I came to the conclusion that I really don't care because I don't give a flying f about next year.

If we get rid of Ron who will you people have to ***** about? I think you've all whipped Bender pretty well. Who knows what will happen with David Harrison. I'd lay odds that if Dale is still here he's going to hit the old man wall at some point in the season. Will anyone have the guts to lay into him they way you do others?

Before you answer remember the old Pacers comercial with Dale saying "I know where you live.":shudder:

indygeezer
04-20-2005, 01:19 PM
After I voted yes I came to the conclusion that I really don't care because I don't give a flying f about next year.

If we get rid of Ron who will you people have to ***** about? I think you've all whipped Bender pretty well. Who knows what will happen with David Harrison. I'd lay odds that if Dale is still here he's going to hit the old man wall at some point in the season. Will anyone have the guts to lay into him they way you do others?

Before you answer remember the old Pacers comercial with Dale saying "I know where you live.":shudder:

I have always been one to criticise when needed and praise when deserved, I will continue on that path. I root for the team not the player (although Reggie has come close).