PDA

View Full Version : OT: western conference playoff picture is set.

Kstat
04-19-2005, 12:35 AM
(1)Phoenix vs (8)Memphis
(4)Dallas vs (5)Houston
(2)San Antonio vs (7)Denver
(3)Seattle vs (6)Sacramento

SOme good, GOOD matchups there. Great individual matchups everywhere.

Dallas/Houston will draw some MONSTER ratings......thats your ABC prime time matchup right there.....

Suaveness
04-19-2005, 12:43 AM
Wow they are all good. Should be fun

Will Galen
04-19-2005, 01:11 AM
(1)Phoenix vs (8)Memphis
(4)Dallas vs (5)Houston
(2)San Antonio vs (7)Denver
(3)Seattle vs (6)Sacramento

SOme good, GOOD matchups there. Great individual matchups everywhere.

Dallas/Houston will draw some MONSTER ratings......thats your ABC prime time matchup right there.....

Phoenix should beat Memphis fairly easy. The other three series could go either way.

Anthem
04-19-2005, 01:39 AM
Seattle vs. Sacto... the series most likely to make UB jump off a cliff.

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-19-2005, 02:13 AM
I think the Spurs Nuggets series will be a good one...

Cactus Jax
04-19-2005, 05:38 AM
I predict: (can be changed)

Suns over Grizz in 5: Suns will run them out of town.

Nuggets over Spurs in 7: Nuggets have the ability to play the Spurs type of game, but also will run out on their opportunities, stealing the series from a hobbled Spurs team.

Kings over Sonics in 6: Kings are more experienced and do everything the Sonics can do better.

Mavs over Rockets in 6: This is a horrible match-up for the Rockets and reminds me of a Boston vs Indiana series a couple years ago, where the Celts just forced the Pacers to take out Brad Miller. The Mavs will run and gun, but now have some sort of defense.

Suns over Mavs in 6: This is where UB jumps off a cliff. I almost feel like picking the Mavs here but just think the Suns will be too much.

Nuggets over Kings in 7: This would be a classic series of run and gun and homecourt advantage keeping the Kings alive, but the Nugs find a way to steal one and win the series.

Suns over Nuggets in 6: These are two very similar teams, with Amare being able to score at will unlike K-Mart and this will be where Camby's injuries will take their toll on defense.

SycamoreKen
04-19-2005, 06:59 AM
Here is how I see things going:

Suns over Memphis in 4. The Grizz might luck into a win, but they really aren't good enough to get that.

Dallas over Houston in 6. I Dallas wins the first 2 then its in 5. Dallas has too many weapons and are playing some D now.

Sacramento over Seattle in 7. could go either way in this series. I'll go with Sac's experience.

San Antonio over Denver in 6, 5 if Denver doesn't win one of the first 2. Welcome to the playoffs Mr. Anthony, meet Mr. Bowen. Camby being hobbled hurts the Nuggets more than Nesterovic being out hurts the Spurs. Leonard coming back helps Denver, but Robinson scored 21 last night, so he gives the Spurs a gun off the bench. The Spurs can run with Denver, but they play better defense which is the difference in this series.

Spurs over Kings in 6. Spurs are too big up front and just have better players.

Dallas over Suns in 7. A great matchup that could go either way. If Dallas can slow the Suns down and make them play more of a half court game they will do well. They know Nash's tendencies well, so that should help.

Unclebuck
04-19-2005, 08:34 AM
Seattle vs. Sacto... the series most likely to make UB jump off a cliff.

Wow, you must be reading my mind. Besides the style of play, I think it isa shame that one of those teams will be moving on to the second round while teams like Houton and Denver are likely to be going home

ABC has a 2:00 game both Sat and Sunday. ESP has three games Sat evening. TNT has three games Sunday evening. Should be interesting to see what games ABC chooses. They were probably praying for Shaq v Bron. My guess isthey will pick the heat v Nets and Mavs v Rockets.

I have turned into a Mavs fan now that they have Avery as their coach and he has them playing defense

Suaveness
04-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Do most playoff games get shown nationally?

Unclebuck
04-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Do most playoff games get shown nationally?

All games will either be shown on ABC, TNT, ESPN or NBATV. The past two years therehave been 2 or 3 games on NBATV in the first round.

Games on ABC, ESPN, and TNT cannot be on at the same time so they usually give NBATV a game when here are more than 2 games scheduled on a weeknight.

If you don't like the fact that NBATV has games, well you can blame all those who complained 3 and 4 years ago about the long breaks between games in the 1st round.

shags
04-19-2005, 10:02 AM
All games will either be shown on ABC, TNT, ESPN or NBATV. The past two years therehave been 2 or 3 games on NBATV in the first round.

Games on ABC, ESPN, and TNT cannot be on at the same time so they usually give NBATV a game when here are more than 2 games scheduled on a weeknight.

If you don't like the fact that NBATV has games, well you can blame all those who complained 3 and 4 years ago about the long breaks between games in the 1st round.

Wouldn't surprise me either, with no NHL, to have games on ESPN2 as well during the week.

Fool
04-19-2005, 10:12 AM

Personally, I'd rather miss a few first round games then wait 4 days between them (but I can understand people wanting to see every minute).

How long was that stretch Indy waited to play Miami after you guys swept Boston? 12 days or so?

canyoufeelit
04-19-2005, 10:58 AM
ABC's prime time games will be Miami and whoever they play. The schedule isn't set but this is the one thing I know for sure and you can bank on it.

But Dallas/Houston... that is a TREMENDOUS series. It's a shame one of those teams has to lose.

Skaut_Ech
04-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Phoenix should beat Memphis fairly easy. The other three series could go either way.

I disagree. :jawdrop:

I'm sure just about everyone is going to write this matchup off, but I think this is going to be THE upset special of the playoffs. In a series, I think this plays totally into Memphis' stregnth: depth. Suns have such an extremely short rotation, that in a series, I wonder if they won't simply get worn down. I think there are two teams who can do that to them: the Mavs and the Grizzlies.

Just out of curiosity, I checked past scores and I found something intersting to back me up. Grizz beats the Suns 2 out of 3 times they met. When the Suns did win, it was by a small margin. Suns beat you by running you into the ground with their athleticism. Grizzlies (and Mavs) beat you with a wealth of athletic players.

I think the Suns/Grizz series is going to surprise a LOT of you.

ChicagoJ
04-19-2005, 03:12 PM
There are many more interesting matchups out west than in the east.

Dallas vs. Houston. I think its going to be fun to watch JVG coach this team in the playoffs.

Seattle vs. Sacremento. A nice matchup between teams that are "old school" enough to believe that all five players on the court should be able to put the round thing in the orange ring. That will be fun to watch, but we'll all need a nap when its over.

SA vs. Denver. Well, I think #7 is the lowest seed that Denver will have for a while. But they're destined to take a class at the school-of-hard-knocks this year; SA will probably make it look boring. :devil:

Phoenix vs. Memphis. Lots of young kids with minimal meaningful playoff experience here. This will be fun to see which team grows up first. But for the leadership of Steve Nash, I'd predict an upset. Mike D'Antoni might be the best coach with a name that John Q. Public can't pronounce.

Unfortunately, there's no other East matchup (besides whomever the Pacers are playing) that will be remotely interesting to me.

But here's the series I really want to see: The Timberwolves vs. LA Lakers Grand Poker Tournament appearing at center court during halftime of every other WC first round series. Have a nice summer, guys. :tongue: My money's on Sprewell, I'll bet he's quite the 'card shark.'

ImCrazyB
04-19-2005, 03:36 PM
I was actually predicting a possible upset in the Memphis/Phoenix series..But the series will definitely be 6+ games.

Cactus Jax
04-19-2005, 03:42 PM
ABC's praying that Cleveland makes it over NJ, so it's Miami and Cleveland.

Just imagine; Lebron, and Shaq, it would be hyped to the nth degree...for 4 games.